5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dishwasher with Plenty of Features
We purchased this dishwasher to replace an aging Frigidaire that had just stopped getting our dishes clean. We decided that we wanted to spend a little extra and get a dishwasher that offered more options, and would match our stainless LG refrigerator purchased earlier this year.

Published on July 24, 2009 by C. Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars The Crappiest Dishwasher I Have Ever Used
Published on November 18, 2011 by miisu

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dishwasher with Plenty of Features, July 24, 2009
C. Miller (Broken Arrow, OK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG LDF7932ST Dishwasher (Misc.)

First of all, to get the obvious out of the way, this dishwasher is beautiful. Unlike most stainless dishwashers, the handle is more flat than round, which gives the unit a more modern and sleek feel. Also, the control are fully integrated and the layout and presentation of the buttons is intuitive and user-friendly. I have no prior experience with integrated washers, but the only con is that you can't easily see how much time is remaining on the wash cycle because it is hidden under the lip of the counter. The only way to check is to open the door and take a peek.

As for the interior, the tub is all stainless steel which looks fantastic and promises to hopefully stand up to staining and wear and tear better than a traditional plastic or vinyl interior. On the top and bottom racks, there are two sets of tines that are adjustable so if you are loading oddly-shaped dishes, you are more than likely going to be able to fit them in. Additionally, on the bottom rack, there is a row of tines that is completely removable in case you have large casserole dishes or baking pans that you want to load vertically. The silverware basket is removable and has slots to ensure that utensils stay standing vertically and not laying against each other during a wash cycle. On the top rack there is also a modular "shelf" attached to the edge that can be used to hold over-sized utensils. The shelf folds out of the way if you don't need to use it.

Now for the important part: wash performance. Included with the unit are samples of Cascade All-in-One Action Packs and a sample bottle of Cascade Rinse-Aid. To tell you now: TAKE THIS AS A SIGN!!! I can't re-iterate how important it is to use rinse aid and decent detergent. This washer performed flawlessly using these products on the first two washes (there are only two detergent packs included). On our third load, we fell back to our old Palmolive Eco+ detergent (low phosphate) and the results were staggering. While the dishwasher was definitely cleaning better than our old one, the baked on gunk was not entirely removed from the dishes and there was a noticeable haze to the dishes that wasn't there with the detergent packets. Through some research, we found that the low phosphate detergents are notoriously low performers. This doesn't mean that you have to throw away money on the Action Packs though. We are now using plain 'ole powdered Cascade and rinse-aid and our dishes are coming out spotless and shiny.

I've read elsewhere that if you don't use rinse-aid with this dishwasher, your dishes will not be dry at the end of the cycle. I haven't encountered this issue, but I also haven't stopped using the rinse-aid. This dishwasher does not have a heating element in the bottom of the tub, but instead uses a hybrid drying system that uses a fan to remove the moisture from the interior air. This system has worked great for us, and the only time I see leftover water is on the top rack in the concave bottoms of certain glasses. It's not much, and I usually just keep a dish towel nearby if I encounter any and give it a quick wipe on the top.

As for the additional cycles and settings, the steam function does work very well. As mentioned earlier when using the Palmolive Eco+, the only area of the casserole dish that really got cleaned off was the area that was right next to the steam vent. The wash cycle on this washer is a little long (Usually 2 - 2 1/2 hours) but I'm not usually in any kind of hurry to get my dishes clean, so this isn't really an issue.

Finally, if you're looking for a quiet dishwasher, this is what you're looking for. You can hardly tell when it's running, and the sound it does make almost sounds like a very quiet babbling brook.

Hope this helps anybody that is interested in this fantastic dishwasher.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Crappiest Dishwasher I Have Ever Used, November 18, 2011
miisu (B~loNY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG LDF7932ST Dishwasher (Misc.)
I bought this dishwasher 2 or 3 years ago. I wanted to give it a zero rating, but this is not possible. I suppose it can get a one star rating, it still beats hand washing, most times. We bought this dishwasher brand new from a chain store that sells "all the brands". We had traditionally bought our appliances from a local appliance dealer. This dishwasher was to replace the 10 year old Maytag that had endured the abuse of my children. They had abused the Maytag until it's final cry for mercy. During the six months of having them wash the dishes by hand I had done research on what would be the best, rugged, teen proof, bring it!, dishwasher I could find. This was a relatively new model and the reviews on it at the time were great. There seemed to be a lot of room to place a large family amount of dishes in. It was supposed to clean even the toughest (plate missing for six months found under child's bed would make a good science project)dishes. I loved the idea that the upper rack had a height adjustment. I have a huge stock pot that wouldn't fit in the previous dishwasher. It fit in this one. I loved the idea that you could put a pot in the middle of the bottom rack and not worry about the upper rack's dishes getting clean. It was a great dishwasher on paper and in the showroom. My husband and I spent more money on this dishwasher than we had expected but we figured it should last and that over the years the cost would depreciate. Boy, were we wrong. It does not do a great job of washing the dishes. You cannot utilize every prong set so that all the plates can get washed at once. You have to use every other prong set. Sometimes the top rack comes out with food particles that were on the dishes in the bottom rack. The only cycle that does a decent job is the power wash cycle and even this cycle doesn't do the job I spent $1000 to do. I rinse most of my dishes before placing them in the dishwasher, except for things like coffee cups. So, I know it isn't me. Within the first six months the fan on the door went. Luckily, it was still under warrantee. It was very quiet machine, until lately. For the past couple of months, at the end of the cycle, before the cute chime melody, there's a 30 second loud, grinding sound. If I don't hear it at the end of the cycle, I will hear it at the beginning of the next cycle. Today, the dishwasher didn't drain. There is no "drain" button. After cleaning up the flood in my kitchen, I Googled and found out how to drain the dishwasher. It's in the FAQ on the LG site. I drained the dishwasher. After this review, today's quest will be to find the receipt and warrantee info.
The lessons I learned from buying this dishwasher: Cost doesn't always equate to quality. Buy your appliances from a local, reputable dealer. They know their products and won't try to sell you the most expensive product unless that's what you're looking for. The $10-20 more it would cost is well worth it in service and repair. especially service. Don't buy new models with very little reviews. Read the reviews, Start with the negatives. Disregard the one star "I wanted pink and it only came in white" reviews. Pay attention to the reviews that tell you not to waste your money.
I know this is long. Thank you for your patience in reading this :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your time and money!, June 13, 2010
This review is from: LG LDF7932ST Dishwasher (Misc.)
Like you, I read many reviews of many dishwashers to replace our beloved 10 year old Bosch. This dishwasher looked great and I ignored the bad reviews, as it had a good rating in Consumer Reports. Well, that was dumb. Not only was this a pain in the neck to install, it hasn't ONCE cleaned a load of dishes well. Like other reviewers we tried different detergents, rinse agents, loading styles, etc. Our water is not hard and plenty hot. The dishes literally were dirtier after we ran the machine. They were covered in film, unusable, and not at all clean. I've never seen anything like it! So, after 6 weeks, we are returning it and probably going back to Bosch. I've never had such problems with an appliance before, nor have I reviewed one before, but I feel so strongly that I had to share my experience!

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Poor Durability and LG Service, August 8, 2011
This review is from: LG LDF7932ST Dishwasher (Misc.)
Most of the positive reviews I've read here are about appearance and the ability to clean dishes. Their is a conspicuous absence of people who like the product's performance, that also write that they've owned their unit for years without problems... We bought ours 14 months ago, and the console went out after 8 months. The tech showed up and did something, but said he couldn't replicate the problem and suddenly the console worked! But only for 5 more months... Now the console is completely dead and we have arranged for another tech to come out but will now be paying for it ourselves. In addition to the console we now have standing water in the tub, and the seals on around the unit are not functioning properly. Having been through two repair calls in 14 months we've learned some things about LG by talking with current or previous repair companies, and with LG directly:

1) Service companies we spoke with that used to service LG appliances but stopped, or decided never to work with them to begin with, listed a couple of reasons:
a. they can't inventory parts for their customers, so they must return a second time - charging customers 2x - to complete a repair once the part comes in. This is just bad business.
b. parts must be ordered from LG directly and take FOREVER (we've been told that we are going to be washing dishes by hand for the next 2 weeks while we wait for the part and repairs).
c. evidently LG is a complete pain in the arse to do business with - 3 of 4 repair firms we called for service said that there is plenty of business and they have chosen not to deal with LG.
2) There appears to be a severe shortage of technicians that are readily available to service our dishwasher. I've read about this issue from others, and am now living it myself. We called the
one service company in our area (that is roughly 18 miles away) early Monday and were told that they would get to an LG repair no earlier than Friday afternoon.
3) LG's service support STINKS. They tend to be a bit rude/curt. More importantly, LG's own policy for how they want to support their customers is OUTRAGEOUS! They want you to call and
confirm service calls directly with the repair company for yourself etc... every time we deal with them I find myself not believing what they're saying - zero confidence - based on our experience with them.

In a nutshell - we love how our dishwasher looks and how it washes dishes (but in this day and age you can get a 10 year old Maytag to wash well by buying high end detergent and using a rinse) - but it is poorly designed and breaks down LOOONGGG before it should, and LG as a company cannot be trusted to support what it sold you in an efficient manner. They have a customer satisfaction questionnaire after you call their service center, but it asks all the wrong questions about "how polite and knowledgeable" the call center employee was...as he tells you that his hands are tied and you are on your own with your newer appliance that has broken down again...

NEVER AGAIN WILL WE PURCHASE AN LG APPLIANCE - by the way our kitchen is 100% LG today, but will be 0% 18 months from now...

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT RELIABLE, November 21, 2010
This review is from: LG LDF7932ST Dishwasher (Misc.)
When i first was researching this dishwasher I had read many good reviews and a FEW bad ones. Now, a year (almost to the day) after i bought it, the web is full of mostly negative reviews. Unfortunately, now I also have to add my own. The motor makes a grinding noise, then stops working, displaying an LE error which isn't listed in any of their manuals or troubleshooting guides. It looks to be a common problem with these machines, the filter breaking.
Now I have to spend more $$$ (since the labor is our of warranty) as if this dishwasher hadn't cost enough.

Although it did work good during the first year, I can't justify spending over $700 and then having to spend on repairs a year later. One of the most important things to consider when buying a large appliance like this IS reliability, and this LG dishwasher just doesn't cut it.

Truly disappointed in this product,I will NEVER buy an LG dishwasher again. Too bad I can't return it to Home Depot anymore. Buyer, beware!

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk...going on on my 3rd repair in 2 years, February 27, 2011
This review is from: LG LDF7932ST Dishwasher (Misc.)
Do yourself a favor and don't buy LG...I have both an LG dishwasher and LCD tv's..they have both broken multiple times and they are only 2 years old. LG has some major quality issues and customer service sucks!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars waste money, August 9, 2011
This review is from: LG LDF7932ST Dishwasher (Misc.)
We bought this machine unfortunately, about 1 years ago.
We have had many problems since we bought it, we called customer service they recommend something, we went to trip and come back after 2 month, when we use the dishwasher after 3 days I opened the door all of my dishes was wet, had spot and sometimes left detergent on the dishes. Three LG technicians came and saw the problems, finally they replace it with a new one. We had the same problems from the day one. Their technicians came and saw our problem again, they recommended that we should install water softener, use the vinegar, jetdry and everything that you could thick of and we did all of it. Still the problems did not go away. Their technician came for the last time and they referred us to LG customer service to buy back the unit. But the customer service denied our case. I have to wash my dishes by hand. This product is awful. Don't buy LG at all and don't waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken in my kitchen AS I TYPE THIS!!! GRRRR, August 9, 2010
This review is from: LG LDF7932ST Dishwasher (Misc.)
To be honest, maybe we just bought a dud. I am getting old enough to know that it just happens sometimes, but this thing is constantly breaking on us. In the first year it has been down on us 4 times. There is some type of problem with the heating element buring out the circuit board on it. On the last round, I actually smelled burning wires in the kitchen which really scared our family.
Thank GOD for the extended service plan at Home Depot or I would have pulled this thing out and towed it around the neighborhood behind our SUV.
As I type this, the unit is broken again and flashing an HE error which means a fresh heater error and burnt circuit board.
If the unit didn't break so much, I actually would give it quite high marks. It is quiet, cleans very well and SUPER heats the dish water so they are near sterile. A good looking unit as well, but it would be like getting a brand new Corvette that constantly had a wheel that fell off on you. Sure ruins the experience.

Buyer be VERY aware!

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could give it 0 stars..., December 6, 2011
This review is from: LG LDF7932ST Dishwasher (Misc.)
This is the worst dishwasher! We had it for just over 2 years, when we started getting an "HE" error. The manual instructed us to call a technician when that error is activated. After calling 3 different appliance repair companies, none of them work on LG dishwashers (that should be your first clue NOT to buy this dishwasher). Our only option is to go through Sears, which is a pain because they are hard to schedule and are expensive - $110 prepay just to get the tech to your house! HORRIBLE purchase, wish we had never got it. Please go with another manufacturer.

1.0 out of 5 stars The dog gets dishes cleaner, April 26, 2011
This review is from: LG LDF7932ST Dishwasher (Misc.)
We bought this 6 months ago along with the LG refridgerator 28CF French Door.
THe fridge is awesome - but the dishwasher just looks nice.

It won't remove wet cereal from bowls - you just wipe goo off with your finger of the still wet dishes after a full 2 hour cycle.
It is quiet, plays a little jingle when done and looks pretty = but the dog licking your dishes will get them cleaner. LG makes nice TV's and Fridges but they make a pitiful dishwasher

LG LDF7932ST Dishwasher