Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LG LFX25976SW24.7 Cu. Ft. Smooth White Bottom Freezer Refrigerator - Energy Star
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 28, 2011
I bought this LG french door refrigerator (with ice & water in the door) in July of 2008. It's design (especially coveted the ice/water shelf for pichers) and energy star standing coupled with price (not bought at Amazon) led to choosing LG. Immediately the ice dispenser began jamming, a regular occurrence onward. I experimented with different size cubes but that had no impact on the jamming. We use the ice dispenser multiple times daily. It soon was clear to me the failing was a design fault not a mechanical failure. We previouly had for 19 years an in the door dispenser that had never once failed-it was an auger type that occupied the top left shelf in the refrigerator. The LG is totally in the door and basically relies on gravity to feed the ice. A few months later we got notice that the Energy Star rating did not apply to this refrigerator after all. LG offered a repair or monthly check up to a total of $170. I wrote back that since they had miss represented the refrigerator and the Energy Star rating was a major factor in my purchase choice I wanted the refrigerator replaced. I never heard back from them. After about 2 years of use the temperature control became erratic. Faced with a joice of repair or replace (and really frustrated with the ice dispenser and their refusal to respond to my request for a replacement refrigerator) I choose to replace the LG. As of last Friday, I own a similar Samsung refrigerator (although is is 4 cubic feet larger inside thru design efficiencies). After realizing LG was not going to respond to my request, I began purging LG possesions. I first got rid of my LG cell phone, replacing it with a Motorola. Next will be my LG Blue Ray player.
55 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2012
Ice dispenser jammed most of the time , especially after we used the " crush " feature then switch to " cube" .
The icemaker isself is a bad design . The motor actually turn and twist the ice tray to release ice ( not like the other model which heat up the tray to release ice ). After so many twist and turn, the wire harness which connect to the temp sensor underneath the ice tray broke internally rending the icemaker inop .
If you live in the region with hard water ( Ft Myers, FL as an example ) then the calcification with stick to the ice tray which ,in turn, to cause at least half the amount of ice cubes stick to the tray ,only half of them drop down to the ice bin. This also cause the icemaker mechanism to go bad when its motor try too hard to twist the tray ... end up stripping the gear inside . Within 2 1/2 years ... I had to replace the icemaker twice
Ice bin too small, not enough ice for family of 4 in a hot summer days unless you empty the ice into a bucket which locate in freezer compartment. I'll never recommend this model to anyone
on July 5, 2012
Bought this frig 1 1/2 years ago. It was during the time LG was selling them for around $1300.00 at Home Depot.Retail was $2400.00 We have only
used this frig for about 5 months because it is used in a cottage we shut down during the winter.The best thinf about the frig is it's looks.
The frig temperature runs about 5 degrees
warmer than the readout states. Chilled water isn't cold enough.When you try and get ice, the auger runs but it takes up to a minute to fill a glass with ice.And now the icemaker quit making ice altogether. Nothing. Not a single cube.We use this frig mostly on weekends.It gets very little use.We are very disappionted with this frig and LG won't be a choice when buying future products.
on May 20, 2012
I like the spacious room that this refrigerator has which is why I gave it 3 stars. I read the previous review about the ice maker and couldn't agree more. The ice maker dispenser doesn't dispense properly. We are constantly unjamming the ice every time it's needed. The water dispenser doesn't dispense cold water, just cool, which is why we need to add ice. LG needs to completely re-design their ice dispenser unit. This one is terrible.
on September 24, 2012
I bought this fridge the same time I purchased GE Profile dishwasher, gas range and microwave. LOVE my other appliances, but this fridge has an exterior surface that is impossible to clean and shine. No matter what I've tried (Stainless cleaners, all purpose cleaners, window cleaners, soapy water, etc), nothing removes the ugly streaks! It's only 1 year old and looks terrible, while my GE appliances look as beautiful as they did the day I bought them! By the way, no children in my house. This CAME with the streaks and Tthey are not removable!
on January 27, 2013
This model has had a Canadian government alertl that isn't commented on here. The interior light won't go off and has caused fires. We've had to fight Sears (we bought this as a Sears model, but it's the same LG item) to get a replacement part, and in less than a year the same problem has shown up.
Other negatives: The ice maker takes up a huge amount of space in the freezer. The seal around the freezer compartment had to be replaced because we were getting frost buildup all around the door. The interior is not as roomy as you think - and the drawers are very hard to pull out and clean.

We wanted a 'french door' style because of the narrow space in our kitchen, and still like the style. But we are not happy with this purchase.
on January 25, 2013
With or without the ice maker this product fails miserably. We bought a brand new French Door, Freezer on the bottom LG refrigerator/freezer less than 5 years ago. Design is wonderful as it is so spacious. However, after only this brief period of time, ours DIED, completely. (I was giving a dinner party that evening.) Repairman came out and discovered within minutes that a fuse INSIDE THE APPLIANCE, had blown. Simple to fix one would think, yes? Just replace the fuse. WRONG! The fuse is connected to a circuit board and the entire circuit board must be replaced because of the manufacturer's design which was done like this for the express purpose of bilking the consumer out of even more $$$$$$$$! Because the entire circuit board must be replaced, we have to pay $130.00 for the part, IF IT EVER COMES IN plus the service call for a total of $200 To make things worse, we have been waiting since Tuesday for the part to come in. It is now Friday, still no part, which means going through the WEEKEND now with no refrigerator and there is no guarantee the part will be here by MONDAY! Our repairman told us this is very common problem in LG refrigerators, esp. this style. It is made this way purposely. In addition to the cost of the part, service call, and spoiled food and all the meats in the freezer drawer, we are now looking at a total "repair cost" of nearly $400.00! We paid over $1,2000 for this piece of junk. BUYER, BEWARE.
on February 26, 2016
We bought this refrigerator from Home Depot only five years ago and it is rusting around the ice dispenser and the compressor no longer works. Trying to get someone out to fix an LG has been almost impossible! Every repair company I have called has told me they will not deal with LG. I have been on the phone with LG nonstop and it has been a month now without a refrigerator!! I have never had such a runaround!! I would never buy an LG refrigerator again!! We payed close to 2000 dollars for this model and it will be out for garbage pick up this week. I hate that I have to add more to the garbage piles. I would rather repair then replace when possible but I just cannot get LG to cooperate!!
on March 12, 2013
I have had my fridge for over one year. I love it and have told everyone how wonderful the lighting, space, cooling and convenience are. It's like a dream refgrigerator.....UNTIL it stopped cooling. I really thought we had a great relationship until this happened. With no warning, it was all over. The repair man came and counseled us. Seems she needs some things she does not have and that I need to provide for her to repair our problem: a condenser, a dryer and other things. One year and a half???? Seriously? My grandmother had a fridge for 40 years that never broke. I believe it was a "Kelvinator" Too bad they aren't in business any more. They went broke because no one ever needed parts. So, I wait until the parts arrive, eating in dingy little hole in the walls and lementing about what once was. Curse you oh fate for taking my fridge happiness away! LG should be ashamed. How does one say that in Korean?
on November 10, 2014
I have this model in the 31 ft.³ ten-year linear compressor died after 15 months, $500 in labor, $600 In food cost due to failure. LG's phone number goes to a foreign phone bank, They are almost no help at all. Bad compressor, covered part only.

Warranty card: they kept Saying they didn't know when I bought it, I said, I filled out, and sent in the warranty card – They admitted that the warranty card is not really a warranty card it goes to a third-party selling my information. This is my last LG product from this experience.