5.0 out of 5 stars Sprint LG Mach 4G android phone 1st rate!
Published 21 months ago by Donald R. Hicks

3.0 out of 5 stars A few minor tweaks and this would be perfect
I upgraded from a Samsung Replenish, this is my second smartphone. In the past I've had keyboard phones and touch screens don't really appeal to me.

PROS
Keyboard has separate number buttons

Pages and apps load fast

Sprint Network means I don't have to worry about roaming charges inside the USA for data and rarely don't have access to...
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Sprint LG Mach 4G android phone 1st rate!, January 6, 2013
This review is from: LG Mach, Gray 8GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I love smart phones... I have owned the: IPHONE 4s, iphone 4, Google phone 1 and 2, HTC by t-mobile and the one I choose to use is the LG Mach 4. This phone connects automatically to my Bluetooth in my Mini Cooper as well as to my home and work WiFi... battery life is solid for a full day of smartphone continuous use and it recharges quickly... Advantages? Intuitive android function and no dang itunes nickle and diming to death, google play music, FREE apps, MICROSD card storage, office documents and a great tactile feedback keyboard. 4g is when needed but can be easily switched to 3g to ave power. Don't believe the critical reviews this phones is a huge value and works well.... only complaint? No one can match the iphone camera...this one's 90% as good but not as perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Midrange Android Phone, February 6, 2013
This review is from: LG Mach, Gray 8GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
The LG Mach is an awesome midrange phone with great bang for the buck. If you need a physical keyboard like me, this phone is right in between the Kyocera Rise (low end) and Motorola Photon Q (high end) on Sprint. Some 'professional' reviewers will complain about phones still running 4.0 when there is 4.2 out. 50% of Android users are still on 2.3, and only 25% are on 4.0, so don't get too caught up in the version number; it's mostly nonsense. Again, you're paying a little bit extra to get better features than low end phones, but not getting slapped with a really expensive phone, either.

Pros:
+ Runs Android 4.0 like a champ.
+ Battery easily makes it through the day and is replaceable.
+ Keyboard is easy to use and has dedicated number row.
+ 4" Screen is plenty large enough, bright, and easy to read.
+ VERY thin for a keyboard phone at .48".
+ Sound is plenty loud enough if you need it.
+ Camera pics/video look fine to me. Don't expect a super awesome camera on a midrange phone.
+ Great reception: 1-2 bars better than my old HTC Evo Shift.

Cons:
- A bit heavy for a phone because of the keyboard.
- No notification light for missed calls texts. (I will note that SOMETIMES I get a blinking green light for a text/phone call. I don't know if the lack of a light notification was a software oversight, a bug, or something LG will implement fully in the future. Or maybe I was just seeing things.)
- Does not cook pancakes in the morning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent phone for price..., February 10, 2013
This review is from: LG Mach, Gray 8GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Had it for about a week now.

I had a Galaxy SII previously, and you can tell the difference in build quality (LG feels cheaper - but alas it is... :-0 )

Overall though its a good phone.

GOOD

Good response times with apps, etc.

QWERTY - ahh how I love to type on a real keyboard.

Slim for QWERTY phone.

Battery lasts a good amount of time.

LESS GOOD

No LED notification (but there is a work around with other apps like Light Flow.)

Camera is definitely NOT 90 percent of iPhone. Its really unremarkable. Not poor, not good, just, well, unremarkable.

After coming from a high res display - the one on this is also just average. Again, not horrible, but definitely not like the Galaxy.

Overall, if you want an inexpensive QWERTY phone with ICS - this is a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best sliders on the market, February 10, 2013
This review is from: LG Mach, Gray 8GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Despite being the thinnest slider on the market, it has an above average battery. With careful use of apps, it also sleeps extremely efficiently with 70% battery or more being left at the end of a workday (light usage) being common. Even on a off day of gaming, my wife has yet to kill a full battery in 16 hours. Its got a ton of memory for a cheap phone, and the processor is no slouch, I haven't seen anything it has trouble with. The cpu governor is odd, popping from full speed and back to slowest. I wish there was a popular root option, it appears only generic root tools are available.

LG's take on the customized Ice Cream Sandwich isn't terrible looking, and actually functions well. Many of the missing features of the stock launcher are there.
LG's stock keyboard has Swype functions built in, so when I take the wife's phone I don't feel inadequate without my Swype.

I've heard others report the device being fragile, but so far so good.

4.0 out of 5 stars A few things really bother me, April 22, 2013
R. Rarey (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG Mach, Gray 8GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Why on Earth would LG decide to flip the comma and period keys on this keyboard?! I always have to stop, look at the keyboard, and remind myself to hit what should be the comma key when I want to end a sentence. Ugh.

Even though this phone clearly has a light sensor, there is no way to have it automatically adjust the brightness of the screen based on ambient light. The best workaround for this that I have found so far is to get a brightness adjustment widget and put it on the home screen. This is my first Android phone so I don't know if rooting it will allow me to solve this problem at the OS level.

The lack of a notification light for missed calls and texts is another disappointment, but there are apps that can mostly solve this problem.

Despite these, overall I really like the phone. Decent-size display with a good picture, not too bulky despite having a physical keyboard, good battery life, very responsive. As far as I am concerned, for $20 you cannot beat it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone!, June 12, 2013
This review is from: LG Mach, Gray 8GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I have had this phone for a month now, and I love it. I have become one of those people with my phone permanently attached to my hand, but no one minds because they are constantly asking me to look stuff up, and they own iphones! it works very well, call quality is great, I love the 4g and the app availability is great! the only problem is the battery life, but if you charge twice a day, you can use it all you want, which is no problem with me! camera is great, touch quality is good, and I love how customizable this phone is....the background, the sounds, fonts, apps and placement...however, I hate google apps, and you can't delete them, but that isn't negative about the phone, more about the android system. But it is better than apple, and a lot better than not having a smart phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this phone!!!, May 13, 2013
This review is from: LG Mach, Gray 8GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I used to have the evo shift and I updated to this phone recently. It took a little bit of rearranging and getting used to at first, but once I got it set up I have had no problems at all. I like having a keyboard on a phone and this one is good because it has a row devoted to the #s. This phone also has sufficient internal memory (which was a constant struggle with the evo shift). I have not had any problems with call quality or the phone freezing up so far. The battery is also an improvement from the evo shift. I can have it sitting in my bag all day with the 3G on and it won't be dead by the evening. I think like most phones that if I used it non-stop all day for browsing/gaming it would need to be recharged though. While it is not the most fancy phone on the market, I think it is a good option for a casual gamer/browser/email checker on a budget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lg Mach, January 16, 2013
This review is from: LG Mach, Gray 8GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I have iphone 4s...and when back next day to Sprint to exchange to Lg mach.im very happy with my lg mach.

5.0 out of 5 stars LG Mach, October 16, 2013
This review is from: LG Mach, Gray 8GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I freakn' love this phone. You can do everything with this phone. The keyboard off the chain and the internal storage on point. IPhone who

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent phone for a first timers smart phone, August 30, 2013
This review is from: LG Mach, Gray 8GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
My wife and I both got this phone at the same time and we both love it. We both like the slide out QWERTY feature. This is our first smart phone and we enjoy it and we get to keep in contact with our family members all over the US. Great Phone!