4.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound and Excellent features
Published on December 19, 2012 by Matt

2.0 out of 5 stars LG NB2420A 160W Sound Bar
Purchased for $169. I had previously bought 2 of the Vizio $100 soundbars which by the way are excellent.

I primarily bought this soundbar for its ability to stream via BT from phones/ipads,etc.

Hookup is easy, though the recessed connections for the inputs are a little difficult to use.

I first tried to stream via BT from an IPOD (using a...
Published on April 15, 2012 by Bigstar

2.0 out of 5 stars LG NB2420A 160W Sound Bar, April 15, 2012
This review is from: LG NB2420A 160W Sound Bar (2012 Model) (Electronics)

I first tried to stream via BT from an IPOD (using a BT adapter). Connection was seamless, but the audio was quite thin - sound was inferior even compared to my little Jambox I own. There was little to no bass. I then tried direct connect to the Portable input. Basically the same results - even after tweaking the IPOD EQ settings, and playing with the LG sound settings. Sound is thin, and starts to break up at higher volumes - sound maxes at a fairly low level.

I then hooked up to my LG TV via Optical input. Same terrible results. I then hooked up both the LG and the Vizio to the TV and switched between the two - no contest. The LG is inferior in all ways to the $100 Vizio.

This will be going back. I really wanted to like this given its BT streaming ability (which does work), but the sound is just not up to par.

Two stars - mostly on its BT ability, and slim profile. Sound is 1 star though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound and Excellent features, December 19, 2012
This review is from: LG NB2420A 160W Sound Bar (2012 Model) (Electronics)
After reading some of the reviews, I said what?..... After listening to this LG NB24210A Soundbar for 3 days I say if you are into hard rock and TV Explosions and bass shaking window rattling than this is not for you. But if you like clear, clean sounding music or voice with your tv or mp3 players with blu tooth without the bass thud then this is a good choice. The Blu tooth plays my pandora cleanly from my cell phone. The usb port is great for playing music on your thumb drives with the six speakers for great non thuding sound. The LED display scrolls your usb music artist and song titles if encoded on your drive as they play. The LED also shows various imbeded sound effect infomation and such. As a member of the older generation I give it two thumbs up with out the bass thud!

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound, no bass, May 28, 2012
This review is from: LG NB2420A 160W Sound Bar (2012 Model) (Electronics)
Oh my this is bad. I was excited to get this based on the simplicity and the blue tooth. I have a 55" Samsung 6050. I was shocked to hear that this LED TV rocked in comparison to he LG sound bar. The bottom line is it not worth the money (any amount). it sounds like the am/fm from my 69 mustang, after it went bad. The set is is super easy to set up though. Make a connection and away you go. In minutes you can begin to experience the lovely sounds of tin cans. If this allowed you to listen from mars it would still suck. I don't know if all sound bars are like this or not. I feel compelled to try a Bose system now as I don't like buying and returning things every other day. With the price of gas, running around trying 10 of these would prove wasteful. Overall it gets a huge thumbs down.

4.0 out of 5 stars An inexpensive option, excellent sound quality!, April 10, 2013
This review is from: LG NB2420A 160W Sound Bar (2012 Model) (Electronics)
I'am big on reading the reviews, hope this helps you make a decision. As far as how loud the sound can be, don't expect it to be a disco or club like sound or a loud surround system. This sound bar is really made for the 12x15 room and will probably double the sound volume of your TV speakers and make the sound better and smother, so if that is what you are looking for this is a very affordable option at $119. A feature I loved is the fact you can pair your iphone, ipad or smatphone via bluethooth and you can also charge those items as long as you have the sound bar on. My only recommendation, if own an LG TV and are buying the Sewell Universal Soundbar Bracket, you will aslo need and extra pair of small screws and nuts (not included) to attach the bracket to the custom LG wall bracket included with the sound bar.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK sound but not worth the $168 I paid., May 8, 2012
This review is from: LG NB2420A 160W Sound Bar (2012 Model) (Electronics)
I needed better sound from my Panasonic Viera TV. I was not looking for big time surround sound etc. Just something that sounded significantly better than the TV speakers. This is not it. The LG was a tad better than the TV speakers. I was very disappointed.

Right now I do not want to cough up more than say $160 for a sound bar. I am told that the $100 Vizio is great but unfortunately it does not handle Dolby sound via Optical input and Panasonic for some reason has only an optical audio out. Bottom line - I'm taking this back and checking out some of the refurbished stuff on Ebay. Yes, I could buy a optical/RCA converter and use that to hook up to the Vizio but am told doing that would considerably diminish the sound quality.

By the way: To all first time HDTV buyers be aware that you budget for a sound bar or surround sound speakers etc before buying the TV. Why? Because the speakers that come with the HDTV are lousy on non-HD channels and VERY bad on HD channels. Also on some TV brands like Samsung, Panasonic etc their entry level sound bar prices start at over $200.

4.0 out of 5 stars its not as bad as people say, August 29, 2012
This review is from: LG NB2420A 160W Sound Bar (2012 Model) (Electronics)
I downgraded from a nice 5.1 system due to space limitations. It is definitely a downgrade, but its not that bad. I have it plugged in to my PS3 and my digital cable box. I have tried the audio out on a wide variety of things, from TV shows, to bluray movies, to video games. The audio was nice and crisp and sounded pretty good. The pre-set audio modes don't seem to change the audio up too much, but there is a bit of a noticeable difference between them. The 3D mode is pretty descent. It seems to work best on movies with DTS though. The Bluetooth feature is cool, but I will agree with other reviewers in that the audio sounds pretty degraded. Connected to Pandora, music sounded really bad. I listened to some radio shows using iheart radio though, and it sounded ok. Others are complaining there is not enough bass, well duh, there is no sub. It provides as much bass as a tiny built in sub can. If you want bass, buy a sound bar with a sub. In-fact, the next model up from this speaker includes a sub and has a 5 star review. If you are looking for THX quality surround sound, this isn't for you. If you want a good upgrade from TV speakers and don't care about ear blowing surround audio, this should fit your needs.

4.0 out of 5 stars LG NB2420A 160W Sound Bar, January 9, 2013
This review is from: LG NB2420A 160W Sound Bar (2012 Model) (Electronics)
I purchased this LG Sound Bar to go along with my LG Flat screen. The remote adapts right over and is able to control the tv and sound bar easily. It comes with a remote control, batteries, wall mount bracket, and the owners manual. I purchased the item off of Amazon as an open/damaged package for a reduced price. When the Sound Bar arrived, all of the pieces were there, but not all in the original wrapping. The item itself was undamaged. Buying LG to LG, I would've thought that the mounting bracket that came with it would adapt easily to mount the Sound Bar under the tv, but it does not; it's only for the wall. To get the under the tv mount to do so is another $20-30 dollars on Amazon. The Sound Bar offers features like Bluetooth input for smart phones, 2 optical inputs, and 1 usb input. This similar item is listed unopened new at almost $200, and in stores over $200, so getting it for less than $80 was a bargain. The only problem I had with this transaction was that USPS shipped it to another state before correcting their mistake and rerouting it to my address. No fault to the seller or Amazon. I would purchase again from this seller. The product was as described and functions great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound, November 15, 2013
This review is from: LG NB2420A 160W Sound Bar (2012 Model) (Electronics)
Great sound! Just what I needed in my Motor Coach. I would definitely recommend this item to all my friends.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is ok, January 4, 2014
This review is from: LG NB2420A 160W Sound Bar (2012 Model) (Electronics)
The sound is not as loud as I expected, if you use it in the bed room I think it is ok, not in the living room.

3.0 out of 5 stars clear sound but no bass, December 14, 2013
This review is from: LG NB2420A 160W Sound Bar (2012 Model) (Electronics)
Sound was clear, Bluetooth wireless great but it had no bass which was my main complaint. If it had any bass I would have kept it. Had nice features and display.

LG NB2420A 160W Sound Bar (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $62.19