5.0 out of 5 stars Good phone
This is a very good phone. I lost my 1st one & then ordered a no contract one & it's still as great as the other one.
I'm not into smart phones right now & texting is a staple for me since I live in the country & don't have good service all the time.
The keyboard is great.
The photos & videos are also very good off of this phone.
So in total, I've been...
Published on June 2, 2012 by Joanna

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
inside screen has debris trapped in it which makes it hard to see..loved my other one thats why i chose it again..
Published 9 months ago by kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, June 2, 2012
This review is from: LG Octane VN530 Verizon CDMA Slider Cell Phone - No Contract Required - Brown (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The keyboard is great.
The photos & videos are also very good off of this phone.
So in total, I've been using this phone for over a year & I have had no problems with it.
Great phone!
I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank God for Amazon!, August 4, 2012
I've had my old Octane for as long as they've been out. I had the Envy before that and would have kept it, if it hadn't fallen apart on me. I love, love, love the Octane. Unfortunately, mine had a run-in with an unsupervised child. Long story short, my keypad was torn out. I ordered one from Ebay because Verizon said that was the only place they knew of to get them. Apparentely Verizon doesn't manufacture them anymore. The phone I got from Ebay was scratched all over, the battery would not charge, and the charger that came with it wasn't the right one. It was my first time using Ebay and I didn't realize that not everybody does returns. This seller didn't. So on a whim I decided to try my faithful Amazon. The phone was a little more expensive, but when I got it I felt vindicated. It looks brand new. There's not a scratch or smudge on it. It was fully charged when it arrived. The charger was the right one. The buttons all work just fine. I was ecstatic. I don't want a smart phone or touch screen phone, which is inevitable I'm afraid, but for now Amazon has my back.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best phone I have ever Owned, June 19, 2012
After my past phone expired I searched all over Verizon for a new "non smart phone". Much to my dismay , I noticed that Verizon gives "dumb phone" users about 4 choice, all of which are pieces of junk. A relative showed me their Octane and the 1st thing I noticed was that the buttons are big. My fingers are big so I can't text on keys the size of pin heads.
After reading some reviews and noticing the price of a "used" phone on ebay and Amazon, this caught my attention.

The phone is basically a smart phone without the $220 per year upgrade fee, mandatory data package etc.

In one phrase, it is awesome. By far the best phone I have ever used. Tons of features, big keys, cool pad, flip open features on and on.

If you're buying a used one, be careful. Don't buy on Ebay, which is about the worst place you can buy electronics. The return policies are shady and the vendors are straight up theives, protected by Ebay, who is also one big thief. With Amazon, if you buy a used one and it is "too used", you can return it with no hassle. You won't find that on Ebay.

I "moderately used" LG Octane can be interpreted as "beat to heck and back".

I had to return my 1st phone because it was heavily used, and then the vendor sent me an awesome one. So in short, if you want a good one, pay for it, or get ready to play the return game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 13, 2012
No more butt dialing yay. Some touch phones just aren't worth the hassle this phone serves all my needs without the frustration some touch screens can bring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone for calls & texting., June 21, 2012
I love this phone and would highly recommend it to anyone that's not ready to cross over to a smart phone yet. If you just want a great basic phone for texting & making calls this is your phone. The full flip Qwerty keyboard is great plus great camera and super long battery life. My original LG Octane got crushed and I was so bummed to learn that Verizon no longer carried it. They said my only hope was to find one for sale on the secondary market. I was glad to find one here on Amazon and gladly paid the $134 price to get it. I was a little worried buying one from an unknown seller due to a bad experience w/a phone purchase off ebay in the past but so far, so good. My only complaint is the protective film covering that comes on a new phone from the manufacturer was really scuffed up. The phone wasn't scratched or scuffed but the film was so scufffed up I had to peel it off in order to use the phone. My old phone still had its original film covers. I like to leave them on as long as possible for added protection. Otherwise it arrived on time and no problems with the phone itself. Again, this is a great phone. Best I've ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Dual Screen Side Flip Phone With Full Qwerty Keyboard, April 5, 2013
The LG Octane features a large external display along with comfortably sized keypad. The phone flips open from the side to reveal a full keyboard, dual speakers and a slightly larger widescreen display. While closed the phone can be access many of its major functions like playing music, selecting ringtones, sending and receiving calls or text messages. Advanced configurations are available once the phone is flipped open.

Because the LG Octane was discontinued it not a standard choice when purchasing a new contract, but it can still be purchased from an overstock dealer. This may be an advantage since it could be used on Verizon’s own prepaid services or activated with a current plan as a replacement or new device.

The LG Octane was replaced by the LG Extravert which slides to reveal its keyboard eliminating the necessity of an internal screen. The Extravert also lacks the external keypad using a touch screen instead for placing calls.

The LG Octane is a solid basic feature phone with a rare side-flip form factor that really lets the owner push the boundaries of what is available on a basic service contact without an additional data plan. I doubt there is a better dual-screen full keyboard phone available for basic service contracts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, December 18, 2013
I reodered this after mine died..I do not want complicated or designer phones..just one that is easy to use and has an easy text keyboard..this works!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOOOO Hooooooo, December 9, 2013
I Love my LG Octane I have had it for about 3 years and it still works great.
The only thing I don't like is the ear jack is 2.5 and I have had a hard time finding them in stores .

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, July 10, 2012
The phone was exactly as described . Very accommodating customer service. I needed to replace a phone my daughter lost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Economical and Great Cell Phone, December 16, 2013
Original was stolen...one of very few models of cell phones that does not require a data pkg. to operate. A lot of us (consumers) out there do not want or require data on our phones, I believe it is also a safer and more economical model for our young users.

Rate and Discover Movies