Powered by the latest Android platform (2.2, also referred to as "Froyo"), the easy-to-use LG Optimus T smartphone for T-Mobile features a responsive 3.2-inch touchscreen, sleek form-factor and deep integration of Google services. And with Voice Actions for Android pre-loaded on the device, the LG Optimus T allows you to perform commands through voice entry, such as calling, texting, e-mailing and navigating to a specific destination.
Use your favorite Google services right on your phone, such as Google Search by Voice, Gmail and Google Maps (see larger image).
Enabled for T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, the Optimus T offers fast data delivery and an enhanced Web-browsing experience that lets you connect quickly to social networking sites. And this 3G-enabled mobile phone will benefit from the enhanced speeds of T-Mobile's upgraded HSPA+ network, which offers speeds close to 4G connectivity and is being rolled out nationwide (read more about HSPA+ below).
You can also take advantage of T-Mobile's nationwide 3G network and share the Optimus T's mobile broadband connectivity with your laptop or tablet while on the go using either a tethered USB connection or creating a Wi-Fi Hotspot with your phone that other Wi-Fi-enabled devices can connect to. Additionally, this phone is compatible with T-Mobiles Wi-Fi Calling service, which enables you to send and receive calls and messages over any Wi-Fi network.
With integrated Google technology, the Optimus T brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by Voice, YouTube and Picasa. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate email, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to over 100,000 useful applications, widgets and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
You'll be able to quickly send messages using the virtual onscreen keyboard with Swype technology, which allows you to input text faster and in a more intuitive way with one continuous finger motion across the screen keyboard. Other features include GPS for navigation using Google Maps and accessing location-based services, Wi-Fi networking for connecting to home, work, and on-the-go hotspots, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, included 2 GB microSD memory card (with expansion to 32 GB with optional cards), digital media player for music and video, integrated FM radio, an HTML web browser, and up to 6.5 hours of talk time.
Customize screens with widgets, shortcuts to apps and more (see larger image).
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service below)
- Powered by the Android 2.2 operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- Preloaded Voice Actions from Google allow you to send texts and e-mails, navigate to local restaurants, search the web, or play music--all simply by speaking.
- Built-in GPS for real-time location on maps, driving directions, and more (additional charges may apply)
- Google Maps Navigation (Beta) provides free, pre-loaded turn-by-turn voice guidance. Powered by Google and requiring an Internet connection, it enables you to simply say "Navigate to [your destination]" to get on your way. See live traffic, use Street View or satellite imagery to view your route, and get access to the most recent maps and business information from Google Maps without ever needing to update your device.
- 3.2-inch touchscreen display (480 x 320 pixels, 16 million color depth)
- Onscreen keyboard
- Swype input system allows you to input text faster and easier by gliding your finger around the keyboard, moving from letter to letter in one continuous motion. The Swype technology then calculates what word you're intending to type (learn more below).
- 3.2-megapixel auto-focus camera/camcorder
- Digital media player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files plus MPEG4 video formats.
- FM radio
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Wi-Fi and mobile calling enables you to send and receive calls and messages over any Wi-Fi network, whether at home or on the road with Wi-Fi and Mobile Calling--even in areas that have little or no network coverage. (Learn more)
- Tethering and mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot capabilities enable you to share your phone's connection to the T-Mobile 3G network with other devices, such as a laptop or tablet (additional charges applicable).
- 2 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
- Access to popular instant messaging services
- Access to personal and work e-mail (supports Microsoft Exchange corporate e-mail)
- HTML Web browser
- Organizer tools including calendar, voice memo, calculator, and alarm
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- USB connectivity with mass storage and charging capabilities
- 3.5mm headset/headphone jack
The LG Optimus T weighs 4.5 ounces and measures 4.5 x 2.3 x 0.5 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.5 hours of talk time, and up to 432 hours (18 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
What's in the Box
LG Optimus T handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD memory card, USB cable, wired stereo headset, quick start guide
Learn More Swype Keyboard
An alternative to the Android virtual keyboard, the Swype virtual keyboard (seen at the right) allows you to input text by swiping the finger with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard. Based on testing, speed and accuracy are equal to or better than the traditional keyboard-tapping method. You can activate the Swype keyboard by pressing and holding in a text field, wait for popup to appear, click Input Method, and then select Swype.
In the image to the left, the word "quick" was generated from tracing the path shown above in a fraction of a second, by roughly aiming to pass through the letters of the word. A key advantage to Swype is that there is no need to be very accurate, enabling very rapid text entry.
T-Mobile Services High-Speed 3G Data Connectivity
In addition to its quad-band GSM connectivity, this phone is also compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA 3G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum. This phone is designed to automatically connect to the best available network (3G or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go. T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling Service
Effortlessly transition between Wi-Fi calling and T-Mobile's wireless network while you talk with T-Mobile's innovative Wi-Fi Calling technology. Wi-Fi Calling is a free feature for this phone, and minutes used while connected to the Wi-Fi network count against available rate plan minutes.
Powered by Kineto's Smart Wi-Fi Application, T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling for Android smartphones is ready to use out-of-the-box, providing the ability to make voice calls and send SMS from accessible Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) access points across the globe in addition to the connectivity available through T-Mobile's mobile network. The application also includes a tutorial for first-time users. T-Mobile's Expanding, Super-Fast 4G Mobile Broadband Network
As of November, 2010, T-Mobile has upgraded its traditional 3G network to HSPA+ in 75 major metropolitan areas across the U.S., with plans to continue rolling out this network upgrade throughout 2011. With typical download speeds that are on par with or faster than competing 4G technologies, T-Mobile's HSPA+ network provides fast data speeds--up to 3 times faster than AT&T and Verizon's standard 3G networks--while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and data experience. You'll enjoy faster Web browsing, uninterrupted video streaming, and quicker app downloads.
T-Mobile's 4G mobile broadband network (powered by HSPA+) provides a theoretical capability of up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds, with average download speeds typically in the 5 to 8 Mbps range.
While this 3G-enabled mobile device doesn't offer HSPA+ compatibility, it can benefit from enhanced speeds when connecting to the HSPA+ network today.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.