LG Optimus V Prepaid Android Phone (Virgin Mobile)
|Price:||$98.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$31.99 (25%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Android 2.2 Operating System
- Fast 3G connectivity
- Onscreen keyboard with Swype input
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1)
- What's in the Box:LG Optimus handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide, user manual
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Size (LWH): 3.5 inches, 1.9 inches, 0.9 inches
- Weight: 2.72 ounces
- Network Compatibility: CDMA
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 7 hours
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 10 hours
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Compare to Similar Items
This item: LG Optimus V Prepaid Android Phone (Virgin Mobile)
LG Tribute Black (Virgin Prepaid) B00OL4DEMC
LG Optimus F3 Black (Virgin Mobile) B00D9AOU3G
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||bestelectronicsdeal (no sales tax)||Deals Expresss||Electronics Supplies||shopcelldeals|
|Battery Life||7 Hours||900 minutes||Information not provided||Information not provided|
|Display Size||3.2 inches||4.5 inches||4 inches||5.5 inches|
|Operating System||Information not provided||Android||Android||Android|
|Camera Description||3.2 MP||5 MP||5 MP||13 MP|
|Item Weight||0.17 pounds||0.31 pounds||0.17 pounds||0.36 pounds|
|Product Site Launch Date||Sun Jan 30 17:12:44 UTC 2011||Sun Oct 05 07:00:01 UTC 2014||Thu Jul 11 00:00:01 UTC 2013||Sun Aug 10 07:00:01 UTC 2014|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Do more on Android with this 3G and Wi-Fi capable prepaid smartphone. Navigate on a 3.2" touchscreen with a virtual QWERTY keyboard and Swype text entry. Photos and web pages look fantastic on a bright, 3.2-inch QVGA display, and multitasking is a snap on the 600 MHz processor. Make calls, send messages, play music, and more hands-free using Google Voice Actions. Stream music 24/7 from past and present Virgin Mobile Festival artists with Virgin Mobile Live. Studio tracks, exclusive Festival performances, and more--it's all free.
Featuring a 3.2" QVGA touchscreen display. View larger
Multitask seamlessly with an Android 2.2 OS. View larger
Google Android OS with Thousands of Applications
The LG Optimus runs on the Android 2.2 operating system (OS) from Google, and is a Google Experience Device. The Android 2.2 OS is designed specifically for touch screen devices, and makes navigation and operation intuitive and enjoyable. You'll have integrated access to all your favorite Google services and applications, including Google Search by Voice, Picasa, Google Talk, and more. You'll also have access to both personal and corporate email, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. Also included is Google Maps Navigation, which provides GPS-based turn-by-turn voice guidance to get you where you need to go. Useful tools such as an alarm clock, calculator, and stopwatch are all included.
The Android OS lets you multitask so you can listen to music, browse the web, receive email, and more--all at the same time. If someone calls you, you can take the call and then resume what you were doing without interruption.
Want apps? You got ‘em. Not by the dozens, but by the thousands. Thousands of apps are available at Android Market--everything from time-mode games and critical business tools to entertainment apps and real-time news widgets. More are added every day.
The LG Optimus from Virgin Mobile weighs 4.7 ounces and measures 4.5 x 2.3 x 0.5 inches. It comes with a standard capacity lithium-ion battery that offers up to 6 hours of talking time and up to 7 days of standby time. It runs on Sprint's 3G 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.What's in the Box
LG Optimus handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide, user manual.
Virgin Mobile Prepaid Pricing
With Virgin Mobile, you can pay only for the calling time you use. You can choose a monthly Beyond Talk plan with unlimited data and messaging and just the right amount of talk minutes for your needs.
|Beyond Talk Unlimited Plans|
Virgin Mobile customers have access to the Sprint Nationwide Network, reaching more than 278 million people across the United States (see a map of Virgin Mobile's coverage area).
- Fast 3G connectivity via Sprint's 3G network
- Powered by the Android 2.2 operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market
- Preloaded Voice Actions from Google allow you to send texts and e-mails, navigate to local restaurants, search the web, or play music--all simply by speaking
- Built-in GPS for real-time location on maps, driving directions, and more (additional charges may apply)
- Google Maps Navigation (Beta) provides free, pre-loaded turn-by-turn voice guidance. Powered by Google and requiring an Internet connection, it enables you to simply say "Navigate to [your destination]" to get on your way. See live traffic, use Street View or satellite imagery to view your route, and get access to the most recent maps and business information from Google Maps without ever needing to update your device
- 3.2-inch touchscreen display (480 x 320 pixels, 16 million color depth)
- Onscreen keyboard
- Swype input system allows you to input text faster and easier by gliding your finger around the keyboard, moving from letter to letter in one continuous motion. The Swype technology then calculates what word you're intending to type
- 3.2-megapixel auto-focus camera/camcorder
- Digital media player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files plus MPEG4 video formats
- FM radio
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go
- 2 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
- Access to popular instant messaging services
- Access to personal and work e-mail (supports Microsoft Exchange corporate e-mail)
- HTML Web browser
- Organizer tools including calendar, voice memo, calculator, and alarm
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- USB connectivity with mass storage and charging capabilities
- 3.5mm headset/headphone jack
An alternative to the Android virtual keyboard, the Swype virtual keyboard allows you to input text by swiping the finger with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard. Based on testing, speed and accuracy are equal to or better than the traditional keyboard-tapping method. You can activate the Swype keyboard by pressing and holding in a text field, wait for popup to appear, click Input Method, and then select Swype.
In the image to the right, the word "quick" was generated from tracing the path shown above in a fraction of a second, by roughly aiming to pass through the letters of the word. A key advantage to Swype is that there is no need to be very accurate, enabling very rapid text entry.
Also Available for this Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android
Top Customer Reviews
I got the phone on sale for $105 and it is just the best phone I have ever had, although I have not activated it yet (more on this later), at an awesome price. Why haven't I activated it yet? Well, it turns out, this android phone lets you install all kind of apps from the android market via wifi without activating the phone, you can pop in an 8Gb, 16Gb or 32Gb SDHC card and use this as a pretty awesome (and cheap) ipod/iphone substitute. I have installed apps for watching TV shows, read news (USA Today, NYTime, Bloomberg, etc), Pandora radio (sound through the speaker is very full for such a tiny device), GPS navigation/maps, calculators, MS Office documents viewer, a few games, GasBuddy to find cheap gas locally (pretty handy these days), etc. All FREE from the Android market. But, BY FAR, the best applications I installed are Google Voice, which together with SIPDroid (after signing up for a free GoogleVoice account and a free PBXes.Read more ›
An Android 2.2 operating system powers the LG Optimus V (V stands for Virgin... the S is Sprint's phone, but both share the Sprint mobile network) and allows for zippy web surfing via the 3G network. Apps open quickly and transitions from one thing to another are smooth. The processor seems up to multitasking and I had no problem downloading apps and emailing at the same time.
The body of the phone is comfortable to hold with a slightly rubberized feel, and the screen is bright and clear. I did note the back cover of the phone is a tad flimsy, so be careful pulling it off and on to put in the battery. Bear in mind I'm used to a Nokia E71 phone, which has a metal back, so that may just be something that bothered me and won't phase anyone else about this phone. The four navigation keys on the front of the phone are sturdy and responsive.
The touchscreen doesn't seem to respond as easily as my iTouch does, but then again, it may be me and the way I was gingerly giving it an initial once over. I have texted and emailed using Swype (a cool technology included on this phone that basically allows you the ability to move your finger over a keyboard and have it intuitively guess at what you're trying to type without you lifting your finger) on this phone, and it works well. I'm pretty slow at it, but practice will undoubtedly help.
The camera is a 3.2mp without a flash. I'm not overly impressed with the quality of the photos I've taken, but I don't use my phone-cam as my primary camera anyway. You can also take video with this phone.Read more ›
Another great part about prepaid service is that I will never have to speak with a representative. Virgin Mobile is an easy set up and upon start up, the phone was quick to activate and start my service. This two reasons are high on my list for why prepaid trumps contract phone plans.
When this phone was announced, I was a bit skeptical. I was worried that it would be a watered down version of the LG Optimus S, but I am happy to report that it is essentially the same device. The following will mention the look, feel, and speed of the device.
The touch screen: Nimble! Going from screen to screen is fluid, transitions are visible. For every single touch and swipe, the device is right there with you. There is no lag to be found. However, there are times when I'm playing Angry Birds, and there is considerable lag. It usually happens for the first thirty seconds of the game.
Screen resolution: High quality but with the plastic front, it cheapens the device. However, I am not complaining. Zooming in and out on a webpage, you might notice that it's a little pixelated when you get close to the text.
3G capabilities: Testing this against my friend's iPhone, it's very fast. I was incredibly surprised by the responsiveness and how quick I could go from webpage to webpage.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
very simple. Could barely use it 2 years in because of all the software bugs.Published 11 days ago by A11
It's a decent phone for the price. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the smartphones have, but if you're looking for a good phone this is it.Published 1 month ago by SynIm
I have had this about 3 years, very reliable, has GPS for mapping your location. Slow on Google.Published 1 month ago by Dan Hale
Perfect entry level phone for anyone. Battery life needed some more punch but overall very satisfied.Published 4 months ago by S. Alvarez