Delivering easy-to-use access to a variety of applications and resources, the LG Optimus S is powered by the Android 2.2 OS (aka, "Froyo") and features Sprint ID--an intuitive way of customizing Android content. Affordable and highly customizable, the Optimus S offers a slim, sleek design that's complemented by a 3.2-inch capacitive touchscreen display with onscreen QWERTY keyboard.
Customize your experience with Sprint ID.
The Android platform 2.2 provides a fast overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of enhancements, including an improved QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
In addition to fast 3G speeds from Sprint's high-speed EV-DO network, you'll enjoy accessing the optional Sprint TV video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound (see more details on optional services below).
The Wi-Fi-enabled Optimus S also offers built-in mobile hotspot functionality (additional monthly charges applicable), allowing up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices--including laptop, camera, music player, video player and any other Wi-Fi-enabled device--to enjoy the benefits of 3G speeds on the go. Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, memory expansion via optional microSD memory cards (up to 32 GB; 2 GB card included), 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Visual Voicemail capabilities, and up to 5 hours of talk time.
Sprint ID entertainment pack.
Make your phone a reflection of who you are with Sprint ID, which helps you get the most out of your phone by allowing you to choose a total experience for your device. You'll be able to quickly download ID packs that deliver a predefined experience--including applications, widgets, ringtones and wallpapers--all at once. Packs are designed to meet your interests--whether you're a sports fan, fitness fanatic, or auto enthusiast.
And the catalog of Sprint ID experiences will grow and expand--it's a marketplace full of experiences just for you. Choose from a single experience or many--it's about customizing your phone with the information you want in the palm of your hand. Here are a few examples of currently available Sprint ID packs:
- Entertainment ID: Features a host of fun video, music, photo and news apps including Facebook, Celebrity Tweets, Pandora, Shazam, Rhapsody, E! Online and more.
- Socially Connected: A customized experience for keeping users connected with friends on-the-go. Pack includes: Facebook, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Mashable, Tweetcaster, YouTube, and more.
- Health and Fitness: Features all the best wellness related resources for eating right, staying fit and tracking users' progress with the ability to customize to their specific interests and goals. Pack includes: Workout Coach, Fitness Tips, Calorie Counter, BMI Calculator and more.
- Business Productivity: The perfect solution for busy professionals who want to stay connected, entertained and informed on-the-go. This pack features all the best tools to assist with travel plans, organization, communication and more.
3.2-inch capacitive touchscreen and virtual QWERTY keyboard.
- Powered by the Android operating system (version 2.2, Froyo) with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- Advanced multitasking capabilities allow you to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open.
- Full Suite of Google Apps including Google Maps with Street View, transit, and Wikipedia information; GTalk with Presence; Gmail; YouTube; Latitude; and more.
- Google Calendar app syncs with the Web-based version, so any event that you add to your phone will show up on the Web-based Google Calendar (and vice versa).
- Google Maps Navigation (Beta) provides free, pre-loaded turn-by-turn voice guidance. Powered by Google and requiring an Internet connection, it enables you to simply say "Navigate to [your destination]" to get on your way. See live traffic, use Street View or satellite imagery to view your route, and get access to the most recent maps and business information from Google Maps without ever needing to update your device.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to Sprint's EV-DO, Rev A network with average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps and peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Turn-by-turn navigation via TeleNav GPS Navigator (additional charges applicable).
Design and Hardware
- 3.2-inch capacitive touchscreen (320 x 480 pixels, 16.7 million color depth) with multi-touch capabilities and proximity sensor.
- 600 MHz dual-core processor
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC.
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, WMV.
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging (via popular services).
- Access to personal and work e-mail (supports Microsoft Exchange corporate e-mail).
- Full HTML Web browser
- 2 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 140 MB internal memory
- 3.2-megapixel autofocus camera
- Video capture capabilities
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB 2.0 port with charging capabilities.
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: T4
The LG Optimus S weighs 4.6 ounces and measures 4.47 x 2.32 x 0.52 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5 hours of talk time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
LG Optimus S handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, 2 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide
- Broadband-like 3G network supports the EV-DO Rev. A high-speed data standard, this phone enables you to download and stream high-quality video, straight onto your phone. Where coverage is available, EV-DO Rev. A connectivity provides average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps, with peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- Visual Voicemail gives you quick and easy access to just the messages you want to listen to by letting you go directly to a specific message, without needing to listen to or skip past previous messages.
- Sprint TV enabled: With Sprint TV, you can make your cell phone your always-on source for news, weather, sports and more. This comprehensive video service combines high-quality streaming audio and video from channels including the NFL Network, ABC, The Weather Channel, Fox Sports, E!, CNN, The Discovery Channel, and more.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.