The second generation of the popular LG Optimus V, the Android-powered LG Optimus Slider for Virgin Mobile offers excellent on-the-go multimedia features--and with none of the contract obligations. With Virgin Mobile, you can choose a monthly plan with unlimited data, text and voice or just purchase the minutes and text you need (learn more below)
Easy messaging with full QWERTY keyboard.
Slim profile when closed.
The Optimus Slider delivers the convenience of a full QWERTY keyboard with the sleek lines of the LG Optimus series and a 3.2-inch touchscreen display. It's also packed with an 800 MHz single-core processor, 512 MB internal memory, and expansion capabilities via optional microSD memory cards (a 2 GB card is included).
It's powered by the Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system, offering deep integration with Google services--from Gmail and Google+ to Google Maps and YouTube--and providing you access to the latest apps and games via the Android Market. You can also make calls, send messages, play music, and more hands-free using Google Voice Actions.
The Optimus Slider comes with a 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder that's loaded with features, including auto-focus, multiple scene modes (including sports and night), multiple quality settings, geotagging capabilities, and a wide range of customizable settings.
Other features include ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (for accessing home and on-the-go hotspots), Bluetooth 3.0for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, full HTML web browser with support for Adobe Flash, and access to both personal and corporate e-mail (see full specifications below).
The LG Optimus Slider weighs 5.5 ounces and measures 4.53 x 2.32 x 0.58 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3.8 hours of talk time, and up to 288 hours (12 days) of standby time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
LG Optimus Slider handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide
Virgin Mobile Prepaid Pricing
With Virgin Mobile, you can pay only for the calling time you use. You can choose a monthly Beyond Talk plan with unlimited data and messaging and just the right amount of talk minutes for your needs.
|Beyond Talk Unlimited Plans |
Virgin Mobile customers have access to the Sprint Nationwide Network, reaching more than 278 million people across the United States (see a map of Virgin Mobile's coverage area).
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The LG Optimus Slider runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread)--the fastest version of Android available for smartphones yet. It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Optimus Slider also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) (peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version .0) includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
- 800 MHz processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 3.2-inch multi-touch capacitive display (480 x 800 pixels) with light and proximity sensors and scratch-resistant glass.
- Onscreen keyboard
- Removable battery
- 2 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 512 MB onboard memory
- 512 MB RAM
- 3.2-megapixel auto-focus camera with up to 3x digital zoom, multiple scene modes, macro mode (for up-close photography), and customizable brightness and white balance settings
- Video capture capabilities (DVD quality; 640 x 480 pixels)
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML Web Browser with Flash 10.1 Support
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, WMV, H.264, H.263
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Organizer tools including calendar, voice notes, and alarm clock
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M3/T4