5.0 out of 5 stars Competition to Note II

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
una cagada
Published 1 month ago by freddy moleiro

5.0 out of 5 stars Competition to Note II, May 18, 2013
This review is from: LG Optimus G Pro E980 32GB Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Quad-Core Android Smartphone - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Seriously, this is one tough competitor to Note 2. I just played with it at my friend's place. Screen is amazing. 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.5 inches (~401 ppi pixel density). Without the stylus, it is same size as Note 2. The crapware on this is incredible. I tried the AT&T version. It has LG and AT&T crapware, and is locked, otherwise the international unlocked and AT&T versions are similar in specs. On the AT&T, out of 32 GB, around 10GB was gobbled up by stock firmware and other crap.

MicroSD can be expanded to microSD, up to 64 GB. The battery is removable, big plus. I was stunned by the photo quality. After seeing the photos, I thought point and shoot cameras are dead. All I can say is the LG Optimus G Pro is one heck of a device. Like in Nexus 4, the notification lights are awesome!

Good that there is lot of competition. The phone currently runs 4.1.2, hopefully newer Android versions runs smoothly as well. If you are looking for phablets, you should seriously consider LG, Samsung and Asus. Yes, Asus has a 7" phablet! (Fonepad, which I am using now as a primary phone as an experimentation for 6 months on a consolidation sprint)

Highly recommend LG Optimus G Pro!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awasome phone!, May 24, 2013
At first I thought the size would be an issue but it makes everything you do so much better. Now for the things I love about the phone

The screen is big and beautiful. Browsing the Web, playing games,everything is just better.

The led indicator light is around the home button which gives it a nice look.

I like that the have a dedicated button that you can customize for any app you want.

Call quality seems great. I had two different s3 and people often had trouble hearing me. That doesn't happen with this phone.

Phone is very responsive with no slowing down or freezing.

Some of the things include :

The auto brightness doesn't work, but it's easy fix by just downloading an app.

The home button should be easier to press specially since you use it so often.

Taking a snap shot should be easy like in the s3.here you have to press two buttons and sometimes end up either lowering the volume or turning the phone off.

Aside from these little gripes this phone is the best. since LG doesn't spend a lot in marketing like they can spend on creating a quality phone at a reasonable price. Defenetly recommend to check it out, and don't let the size intimidate you. It is easy to get used to. I will update my review as I use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars AT&T Version Running On T-Mobile, May 27, 2013
Length:: 1:50 Mins

Hey y'all,

This phone does everything well. There isn't a hiccup, a stutter, a hesitation nor a delay. I have never enjoyed an Android (or any phone operating system for that matter) as much as i have this phone.

The one thing that i did have to do in order to make this a 100% perfect experience is to start using my husbands Samsung Exhibit II as a secondary phone thats always at the ready to handle small, little tasks, this was i never worry i need both hands free to use LG Pro and have to worry about dropping it. In other words, i don't try to do othr things AND use the LG O Pro. For that i use my hubbys Samsung Exhibit, which i rooted & threw Slimbean ROM on it), added a 3rd line to my T-Mobile acct for just 10.00 a month.

So now, when i just need to make/receive a quick call or important text msg, i use the "lil guy"... For any Picture taking/ Recording a video, Internet surfing, leisure communicating or video watching, game playing, Kindle reading, Remote Controlling TV (sooo easy & works soooo well : ), or the 100 other things this huge screen and lightening speed processor was made for, i use my LG O Pro.

TGG

5.0 out of 5 stars BIG, FAST, and CHEAP!!, September 25, 2013
So I just bought the white version of this phone a few days ago from ATT, out of contract for $400. I got the unlock codes that night and went straight to T-mobile the next day and got a much cheaper unlimited no-contract plan with 4G LTE working just fine. I love this phone! I've been an HTC fan, with their beautiful skins, for many years, but the limited screen size and storage on their recent offerings almost had me buying a Samsung Note 2. I'm glad I researched and found the cheaper, yet better spec'ed Optimus Pro instead. I would have loved a better quality camera, no custom android skin, stylus, and different button placements, but all the other tech attributes at this price is simply awesome. Sure, the upcoming Note 3 is better, but way too expensive and while the rumored Nexus 5 might be a tad cheaper, it probably won't have a 5.5" screen and certainly won't have upgradable memory and batteries. I just wish there were more cases available for this unknown and underrated LG phablet...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good phone, May 23, 2014
I did not choose this phone for the large size, but am finding that I really like the larger phone. What I do love about it is the quality of the camera, the fast processor, and it works perfectly on the T-Mobile 4g LTE network. I did need to change the APN settings, but it was very easy to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, April 11, 2014
this is easily the best phone I have ever had..and that is saying alot seeing how I have had all types of phones in the past..and I like that I can switch carriers anytime I want..I would definitely recommend this to anybody that love big screen phones

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to the Note II, March 18, 2014
I was looking to purchase a Note II, and found this phone in my research. being superior in regard to specs, and screen resolution, and having a lower price(!) it was a no-brainer. The phone is SUPER snappy, and apps load almost instantaneously. Call quality is good, and the speaker is loud IMO. I had an S4 that this replaced, and I don't miss it at all. Wonderful phone, I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this phone, February 10, 2014
I cant believe how unnoticed this phone been. Im glad i got this and not the G Pro2 coming out for i really don't need a finger print scanner. then again im sure it has better specs but its a phone what more do u need. I play all emulators on it just fine on the phone i have now. However the speaker phone sucks... whats the point of it if u need to be by your phone for people to hear u. non the less I should invest in a Bluetooth headset.
the batery life is ok. @ 100% screen brightness, face booking, playing a game , and web surfing, the battery last about 7hours during during one of my endurance test.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5*****, November 14, 2013
My brother has this phone. He loves it to death. It's extremely fast, great quality, good processor, enuff space for anything. What can I say? Buy buy buy! lol

5.0 out of 5 stars G Pro all the way!, May 26, 2013
LG Optimus G Pro does not disappoint. Internet surfing is astonishing, like a desktop computer performance. The pictures and videos are very vivid and clean. The audio is mediocre but when played with speakers or headset, the sound is crisp and clear even with high bass. The extraordinary feature this phone offered which stunned me the most is the ability to control different appliances like tv, aircon, audio, projector,etc. A phone with great and quality capabilities for 780 dollars, it's all worth it and a must have.

Rate and Discover Movies