5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome 3D screen, Great speed and YouTube 3D
The first 3D phone in the world and has finally popped up in the USA! The LG Thrill(Optimus 3D) is packing some serious power and a high quality 3D screen.

This phone should appeal to anyone that likes 3D and video games. The glasses free 3D screen looks great in 2D and 3D. It is very similar in quality to the 3DS but larger and higher resolution...
Published on September 7, 2011 by jjRobotek

Published on September 11, 2011 by J. Gonzalez

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to love it but ended up going back to the Samsung Infuse ., September 11, 2011
This review is from: LG Thrill 4G Android Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
The main cool thing about the phone is the 3d feature . In my opinion it's way better than the evo 3d but there were a lot of things that were wrong with this device. The phone lags, need to use the task killer and the cache cleaner a lot to have this thing run smoothly , sometimes it lags by just waking up from stand by , my phone froze at least 5 times while attempting to open a video in the 3d gallery and also while attempting to send a text message (had to take the battery out in order to make it work again ,task killer or cache cleaner didn't work on this one), netflix doesn't work yet , the phone is running on froyo 2.2 (really? ) and the battery on this phone sucks (it's like driving a hummer ) . If you are buying a phone for picture quality , good performance and good call quality , you are in the wrong place but if you are looking for something to play games like the nintendo 3ds or take some 3d pictures , then this device might fit your needs after all. In my case even if I had the 3d on this thing , I ended up taking pictures in 2d because when I post them on facebook , who really have all thos requirements on their computer and their phones to watch a 3d picture or video? My suggestions are :

1.Samsung Galaxy S2 4g
2.Samsung Infuse 4g
3.Motorola Atrix 4g
4.HTC Inspire 4g
5.Iphone 4

Yup, had the throw in there the iphone . :)
Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome 3D screen, Great speed and YouTube 3D, September 7, 2011
jjRobotek (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG Thrill 4G Android Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)

Compared to the HTC EVO 3D, the Thrill has the edge in the 3D and CPU department. Benchmark tests show the Thrill as a top performer, Everything runs fast and games are very smooth. The Thrill screen produces a good 3D image with plenty of depth and a decent viewing angle, just like the Nintendo 3DS. Good quality 3D video really pops on this screen.

LG baked in some really nice 3D features and games that the competition is lacking. The LG "3D Space" app is a really cool 3D menu that nicely organizes all of the 3D content.

Three Free 3D games (NOVA, Golf, Asphalt 6) and a 3D book are preloaded on the Thrill, along with a number of 3D movie trailers and clips. The Thrill supports more 3D games than the EVO 3D at this time with about a dozen available. The 3D games look great and have a slider that allows you to adjust the effect. Use the '3D Games' App to buy new Gameloft 3D games. Modern combat 2: Black Pegasus(FPS) and Shadow Guardian(uncharted clone) are very impressive.

2D/3D Camera does a decent job but lacks a shutter button, I hope LG will allow the 3D button to work as camera shutter button in future update.

Youtube 3D is the killer app for this device. Tons of free 3D is available on Youtube, Search 'YT3D' to view all 3D video. Check out the DuoDive channel for an eye popping underwater experience.

Gingerbread update is coming in October, along with LG's 3D game converter which will add 3D support for about 40 more games!

Bottom line: Better 3D experience than the competition. LG - Please make a glasses free tablet!

cons: bulky, 1500mah battery(larger available), 512 Ram, 2.2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 3D Phone, September 5, 2011
This review is from: LG Thrill 4G Android Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Phone is solidly built and has a great rubberized texture on the back. Doesn't feel like it will fall out of your hand like the atrix.
Screen is very bright and color saturation is fantastic.
Regular 2D viewing is not compromised at all by having 3D display.
Sound is loud and and clear both from earpiece and speakerphone.
Fast response, but there are times when it lags just a little bit.
Big screen.
3D is fun and greatly enhances photos and videos.

Cons
Low on ram.
Low screen resolution compared to evo 3d and atrix.
Battery life is terrible, partly because of lack of Gingerbread update.
No Gringerbread android os update yet.
Cannot use flash when taking 3D photos.

UPDATE:
Gingerbread update is availble now. Unfortunately it's not an over-the-air update, so you have to download drivers and update using a computer.
Battery life is MUCH better, but the phone is now more laggy and 3d features are even slower than before.
I also thought that the gingerbread update would let you edit 3D video and convert 3D video to 2D. The editing is there, but it's mostly useless with very few features. 3d to 2d conversion is NOT THERE for video, so the videos are useless on a 2d screen.

4.0 out of 5 stars LG Thrill 4G is great except..., September 10, 2011
This review is from: LG Thrill 4G Android Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've had my LG Thrill for about a week now and for the most part, it's been a great phone. I traded in my iPhone 4 for the LG Thrill since everything apple is slightly overrated and overpriced and I've been loving this phone so far. The 3D feature is a crowd pleaser and everyone that I have shown 3D videos and pictures to have been blown away. Considering the phone has a 1Ghz dual-core processor, for the most part things run pretty quickly but there is a small lag between changing apps, loading the camera, and a few other things. As of now, the battery life on this phone is my ONLY complaint, and it's a big one. This phone can't last a full 24 hours of regular use. Most days, I've had to charge it twice to make it from around 8am to midnight or so. Part of the battery failure is because the Thrill is still running on Android 2.2 which drains the battery fairly quickly compared to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), but if you want to have a battery that lasts, you're gonna need to get the extended battery that comes with the upsized backing for the phone. All in all, this is a really good phone at the price it's at. Especially since this phone is cheaper than the Atrix and SG2 yet it outperforms both phones... Once gingerbread is released (October 2011) for the LG Thrill and the battery issues are fixed, the rating will definitely be 5 stars.

Edit: One other small issue with this phone is the fact that it runs on 512mb of RAM... If you want to run alot of apps, you're gonna need to get Task Killer and close the apps or your phone will start to slow down and freeze up.

5.0 out of 5 stars READTHIS, October 19, 2011
This review is from: LG Thrill 4G Android Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is awesome, overall easy to use and very fast with realistic 3d.

IMPORTATNT
MANY OF YOU HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH BATTERY LIFE
I HAVE A SOLUTION:
Don't fill up all your pages with Widgets, the Widgets stay running and drain your battery. I got rid of all mine except the 3 I used and now my battery life has increased almost 20 times as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed, September 17, 2011
This review is from: LG Thrill 4G Android Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is my first smartphone and I just LOVE it!!

I was not all that impressed with the Apple phones, and I know a lot of people who have Androids and love them. When I went in for my upgrade a week or so ago and saw this one... well, I own it now, lol.

The 3D games and video capability are great to show off. I'm not a big fan of 3D, gives me a headache, but this phone does a great job with the 3D. I'm asked quite frequently to play one of the 3D videos or let someone play one of the 3D games that came loaded with the phone!

I'll agree with some of the other reviewers who said there was lag sometimes between apps or the camera. It is not terrible, but definitely noticeable.

I too can't wait for the Gingerbread upgrade, the battery is killing me and I close apps out as soon as am done and when I run the Jango radio app at work, I have the phone plugged in to the electric. Once the battery issue is resolved, it will be better.

Overall I love this phone. I love all the functions, thrilled with picture quality and dual camera function.

Other than the battery (which I already knew from previous 'Droid owners), this phone is all it should be and then some!

2.0 out of 5 stars 3 phones purchased, 3 phones flaky within 2 months-NOT THRILLING, December 6, 2011
This review is from: LG Thrill 4G Android Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Our small company bought ATT LG Thrills for our employees. The first was purchased about 9 weeks ago (today is 12/6/11). It seemed like a nice phone, great pictures, okay battery, etc. We bought these for business use. The next 2 were purchased about 2 weeks later once we tested out the first one.

The first one failed last week. It turned off randomly. We called tech support -- we had purchased insurance. They were such a pain to deal with that our tech actually went to the ATT Store where we bought it. They were of NO help. I took it back to the store hoping to talk with my helpful sman, he was not in. I got stuck using my cell minutes on a 45 minute called to warranty tech support. Then my tech still had to call them back again. They did overnight a phone to us and made us pay the shipping cost of $14.00.
We checked the battery, terminals, no drops, no water damage, etc. Just a flaky phone.

This morning the same thing started happening to our salesperson phone. This afternoon another techs phone just stopped ringing.
We have had it with these phones. I think we got a bad batch or an update has caused a problem. I called ATT and my sman said they have had no reports of problems.

The sad part is ATT is of no help. They did say that after 3 returns they would give us a different phone. That is of no help when you are trying to run a business and cannot reach your staff, when calls are just dropping and your clients think you are idiots. My techs are on call 24/7 their phones must work.

When searching the web I did find that other people have had the same "turn off" issue.
I have an iphone--sure it can fustrate me, and they are not real durable (no smart phone is) but at least it works 99.9% of the time--for over 2 years. iphone4s will be my next purchase not a LG Thrill

I am giving this 2 stars. The features, screen and camera deserve 5 but having the phone crash constantly deserves zero. Hopefully not all the phones flake out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, September 5, 2011
This review is from: LG Thrill 4G Android Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
What more can u ask for in a phone. Its got a 1ghz dual processor, 4.3 inch 3D screen and build very nice. This phone can hold its own against the GS2's and Droid Bionics. Not quite as good but close. A few things that keeps it from a 5 star is 512mb of ram(although LG says the dual channel memory is fast)), the 5mp camera isn't something to cheer about and coming with android 2.2. The phone is fast, no lag, GPS is flawless and veey fun to play with. If u do decide to buy this device remember tango videochat does not work with this phone just yet. Qik works flawless when using the Thrill. I used it with other android phones as well as videochating with the Wifey on her iPhone 4. As I mentions before. I've took a few pictures outside and they look real nice. Good camera but my captivate's 5mp camera was better. Overall the phone will keep me good until the Galaxy S 3 comes around.

4.0 out of 5 stars Diggin it so far, September 14, 2011
This review is from: LG Thrill 4G Android Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I agree with the reviews that say the phone eats batteries, but considering all this phone does I'll take it. I was kinda surprised to see the 3d picture that I took of the beautiful Colorado mountains. I'm an older guy so I'll just say that the 3d is like a high-tech View-Master. All of my apps run smoothly, everything is incredibly easy to use, and best of all, IT ACTUALLY MAKES PHONE CALLS!!!! Which is more than I can say about the iPhone I traded for it. I'm loving this phone. I'm not sure what this update is that is supposed to help battery life, but right now I have been so happy with its functionality that I have no problem charging it every day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, bad button, November 4, 2011
This review is from: LG Thrill 4G Android Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I made the jump from an iPhone to the LG Thrill 4G. My iPhone hardware was becoming unstable. This phone is massive, but I don't care. I love the large screen. The phone has run flawlessly for me for two months now.

The only thing I don't like about this phone--and it is a biggy--is the 3D app button on the right hand side. I absolutely hate it. I will be doing something important with the phone, accidentally hit the button and boom: I get kicked out of what I'm doing and into the 3d app app. This happens to me all of the time. The button is one of the gimmicky things made for the floor sales guy so he can hit the button and instantly wow people with the 3d. A much more useful purpose for this button would be to go straight to phone mode.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›