The LG Thrive smartphone is the perfect balance of functionality and affordability, with the flexibility of a prepaid plan. It feature whip-fast processing on the Android 2.2 platform, PC-like browsing, and access to email, contacts, and calendar that sync with your web accounts and PC. The LG Thrive lets you have your world, your way.
Featuring Android 2.2 on the flexibility of a prepaid plan. View larger
Boost your data connection with WiFi and connect free to thosuands of AT&T WiFi HotSpots nationwide or share your mobile broadband connection with up to 5 other devices by creating a password-protected personal hotspot. The Thrive gives you the power you need to run the most demanding Android applications and games available on Android Market. Stay in the know with quick access to social networking with Facebook and Twitter and shoot sharp photos and video with Thrive’s 3.2 megapixel camera--which you can easily upload to Picasa or YouTube.
The LG Thrive operates on AT&T's Tri-Band UMTS/HSDPA 7.2Mbps and Quad-Band EDGE networks. Its 600MHz application processor has the power you need to multitask on the 3.2" HVGA full touchscreen. Enjoy PC-like web browsing with the built-in WebKit 2.3-based browser. Read your work email with Gmail, POP3/IMAP, and MS Exchange support, and get more done with ThinkFree Office which lets you view and edit Microsoft Office files and attachments.
With the 3.2" full touchscreen, enjoy PC-like web browsing, access Gmail, and get more done with ThinkFree Office. View larger
Keep in touch with social networking like Facebook and Twitter, or just entertain yourself with preloaded AT&T apps such as AT&T Radio, AT&T Navigator, AT&T U-verse Live TV, AT&T FamilyMap, YPmobile, and more.
Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music, and more. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions.
The Thrive has voice commands and speech-to-text capability, with compatibility for Google Voice Actions. It has integrated Google account syncing for compatible Google apps such as Contacts, Gmail, Gtalk, Google Calendar, Picasa and Android Market.
The LG Thrive weighs 3.2 ounces and measures 4.47 x 2.32 x 0.53 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7.5 hours of talk time, and up to 20 days of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's 3G UMTS 850/1800/2100 HSDPA network. What's in the Box
LG Thrive smartphone, battery, USB cable, wall charger, CD with user manual and Flash tutorial, quick start guide.
- 3.2-megapixel camera with 4x zoom
- Up to 2 hours of live video capture and playback
- Music player compatible with MP3, AAC, AAC+, AAC+v2, WMA, MIDI, WAV, AMR formats
- AT&T Mobile Music and streaming AT&T Radio
- Built-in FM Radio
- U-verse Live TV to watch live, on-demand and downloadable TV shows on your phone
- Text Messaging and Instant Messaging (IM) via Google Talk
- Mobile Email with Gmail, POP3/IMAP, and MS Exchange support
- 2 GB memory card installed
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB
- Custom ringtones with MP3 support
- Ringback tones to have your friends hear your favorite song or funny phrase when they call you
- Theme your phone with wallpapers, custom menus, icons, and more
- Android Market with access to thousands of applications
- Address book
- Conference calling and call forwarding
- ThinkFree Office to view and edit Microsoft Office files
- Multitasking with simultaneous voice and data
- 3G high-speed data and voice (7.2Mbps)
- World phone with tri-band support
- Bluetooth 2.1 wireless connectivity
- Hands-free speakerphone
- Voice dialing and voice commands
Android Operating System
The LG Thrive runs the Android operating system--OS 2.2 (aka Froyo)--which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved onscreen QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the LG Thrive brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The LG Thrive also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
AT&T GoPhone Service
AT&T's pay-as-you-go GoPhone plans are wireless plans made easy, simply pay in advance for what you need. No long-term contracts, credit checks, or surprise bills--just all the benefits of wireless, with no complications. In addition, AT&T's Rollover Balance feature lets you carry over your unused account balance when you purchase refill minutes before your balance expires.
Other great GoPhone features include no long distance or roaming fees across AT&T's national service area, the ability to track usage via text messages with an updated balance after each call, and the ability to refill your minutes 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. You can also choose to add international long distance for calling to over 50 countries (including Mexico landlines and Canada) for just $10 for 250 minutes. And you can cancel any time without penalty.
GoPhone Plan Options
- $50 Monthly Unlimited Plan includes unlimited talk, text (both U.S. and internationally), and access to Internet data and web browsing (smartphone users must purchase a separate data package).
- $25 Monthly Plan includes 250 minutes of talk time, unlimited text messages, and international texting at 25¢ per message. Data and mobile web browsing is charged per use, or you can buy a package.
- $2 Unlimited Daily Talk & Text is a good plan for those who do not use their phone every day, and data packages can be added. It's charged ONLY on days when the phone is used to make or receive a voice call (including a call to voice mailbox), use IM, or send a text or picture/video/sound message. Data is charged per use, or via a package.
- Per Minute enables you to make phone calls at just 10¢ a minute--perfect for those looking to use their phone very infrequently or for emergencies. You can also send texts at 20¢ per message (25¢ per international message), or choose a monthly package. Data is charged per use, or via a package.
Smartphone users can use any of these GoPhone plans, however, a smartphone require a data/web package to use data/web services. Pay-per-use data/web is not available on smartphone devices. Data packages for all GoPhone plan options (for mobile web access for e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, and more) include the following:
- 500 MB for $25
- 100 MB for $15
- 10 MB for $5
Data packages are good for 30 days, as long as your account balance is not expired. Standard rates apply if feature package is not renewed after 30 days.
Learn more about AT&T GoPhone plans from this handy chart, plus check out AT&T's nationwide coverage map.
How to Refill Your Account
For your convenience 24/7, you can add money to your account in a variety of ways and in a variety of amounts.
- With Rollover Balance, if you refill your account before your balance expires, you keep your unused balance.
- Purchase a refill card at any AT&T store and over 200,000 other retail locations in the U.S. Most refill cards will let you dial *888* to refill using the PIN number on the card.
- Use a credit/debit card and visit att.com/mygophone to refill online. You can also set up Auto Refill and Text to Refill, which enables you to refill directly from your phone.
To check on your current balance, dial*777# and press SEND to receive a text massage indicating your account balance and expiration date.
AT&T GoPhone refill cards are available in these amounts:
- $15 (30-day expiration)
- $25 (90-day expiration)
- $50 (90-day expiration)
- $60 (90-day expiration)
- $100 (1-year expiration)