- Brand Name: LG
- Model Number: UH12LS28K BLACK/BULK
- Form Factor: 2.5-Inch
LG UH12LS28K LightScribe 12x SATA Blu-Ray Combo Internal Drive, Bulk (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Drive Type: Super Multi Blue Internal Blu-ray Combo Drive
- Write: DVD+R/-R: 16X DVD+Rwith -RW: 8X/6X DVD+R DL/-R DL: 8X DVD-RAM: 12X CD-R: 48X CD-RW: 24X
- Read:BD-ROM(SL/DL): 10X/8X BD-R(SL L to H): 6X BD-R(SL/DL): 12X/8X BD-RE(SL/DL): 8X/6X
- DVD-R(SL/DL): 16X/12X DVD-RW: 12X DVD+R(SL/DL): 16X/12X DVD+RW(SL): 12X DVD-RAM: 12X
- DVD-Video (CSS Compliant Disc)(SL/DL): 12X / 8X CD-R/ROM: 48X CD-RW: 40X CD-DA (DAE): 40X 80mm CD: 16X
- Access Time: BD-ROM - 180ms; DVD-ROM - 160ms; DVD-RAM - 180ms; CD-ROM - 150ms Interface: SATA Buffer Memory: 4 MB
- Burst Transfer Rate: 1.5Gbps LightScribe Direct Labeling: 600 (DPI) Operating System: Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Read:BDMV(AACS Compliant Disc): 4.8X DVD-ROM(SL/DL): 16X/12X DVD-R(SL/DL): 16X/12X
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The copy software makers have already broken this encryption, so it doesn't stop them from making illegal copies, but it might stop you from being able to play DVD's.
Likely the people who say it doesn't play DVD's are trying to play through VGA or some other analog format or have an older video card that has compatibility issues.
I has a groove design to the front panel, slightly glossy finish. Different from the regular ones with matt finish and flat surface.
Read reviews on the Power DVD software. This is a continual cycle that the software maker profits from. Every year they come out with a new version and require you to 'upgrade' to keep playing the latest blurays.
Save yourself some time and money and just pay the extra $$ for a stand alone bluray player now. It's the only option until microsoft sorts out the legal issues of playing blurays in media center.
To sum it up, the drive appears to be excellent. The problem is that it is more convenient to download video's from your favorite P2P site than it is to get a real blu-ray movie to play from your device.
My young ones aren't the "most gentle" users of this player (opening tray, inserting discs misaligned and closing tray) and it's still going strong without any signs of wear. It gets used every day playing Elmo, Barbie, and Signing Times discs (don't tell the guys on my softball team that I actually enjoy the Barbie movies).
I've had several years of experience with LG appliances and feel the same quality with this disc player. I recommend this or any LG BRDP.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Put this in my computer years ago and it works like a champ. Love this guy!Published 9 months ago by TravisDaDrunk
Works better than most for playing or burning. Had it for over a year now.Published 15 months ago by Keven Green
Purchased and LG because I have had good results with the one I had bought previously. I tested the drive out and it responded well and the lightScribe options worked very well... Read morePublished on February 10, 2013 by elg
Used this to add Bluray playback to a small HTPC. It does come with Cyberlink software which so far has been able to play all of my DVDs and Blurays. Read morePublished on February 10, 2013 by ilovegadgets
Now that I have bluray optical drive the media needs to come down to earth and stocked locally for daily usage.Published on January 28, 2013 by Robert Leach
I would recommend this product!
I popped it in my computer and it runs like a charm and is problem free!