on October 15, 2011
Color Name: BlueVerified Purchase
This phone doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but that's exactly what I wanted and got. If you're looking for a phone that takes great pictures, is simple and straight-forward, and is compact and easy to navigate, this is your product.
on September 23, 2011
Color Name: Blue
I always research the highest rated phones before getting a 'New Every Two' upgrade with Verizon. The enV3 is a great texting phone. If you are experiencing the Random Shut Down issue, there is an Easy Fix! Take off the battery. Then use a dry cotton [tip] swab to massage the battery terminals on the phone and on the battery. I found a demonstration video quickly with a search.
I had the problem after over two years of perfect performance, and this Easy Fix came through when software/firmware updates, and a new battery fell short. Enjoy your enV3!
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 8, 2011
Color Name: Blue
I've had this phone for years and other than some butt-dialing in my pocket I've never had a problem with it. It's a good texting phone if you're not ready to pay for the data package for a smartphone.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 22, 2012
Color Name: BlueVerified Purchase
I have had this phone for almost 4 years and loved it the whole time. I have never wanted a smartphone as I hate touchscreens and love speed and media on my phone.

I tried a smartphone once and everything you want to do is based on if you pushed the area just right and it still happens after about a half second later. This is because a "push" on a touchscreen is registered once you lift your finger from the screen. So the simple task of dialing a number took me about 15 seconds minimum. On the enV3 I could do it in 4 or 5 seconds.

Texting, was of course, a nightmare. They tried to help this by making the phone fill in rest of a word automatically to save time, but it often gets it wrong and I have to spend time deleting and retexting it anyway. Overall, just a hassle in every way. The one thing they do better is internet browsing, but I never need to browse internet when I'm on the go. NEVER. I have a PC at home and I can't think of a single thing I would need to do away from there on the internet.

Anyways, with the enV3 I can type as fast as my thumbs can go and don't have to handle it like I'm holding a small computer. It is durable. I must have dropped it hundreds of times over 3 years and only once did it show any damage. That was very recently, which is why I'm here looking for a new one. My old one still works, but one hinge is completely snapped off so its just flopping around.

Call sound quality is great. On ear or on speakerphone. No more to be said it has no problems. If you get this phone and it has a problem, you might want to replace it because mine does not.

It also has a very good camera for taking pics and videos, I don't use those a whole lot but the pics always look great and videos are a bit laggy, but surprisingly good if you hold it steady. Also, when viewing pictures on the phone, it has an automatic enhancing feature when you zoom in on the pictures. This was amazing to me because I can't find anything on the internet to do this for pictures on my PC, at least not for free.

I use mine to listen to music very very much. In the shower I sometimes set it up high on a shelf right near so I can sing along haha. The sound quality while it is open is really good, and only gets bad if there is a lot of bass or many instruments playing loudly all at once, because come on its only stereo and doesn't have any size to make a rumbling bass sound. But most songs you won't even notice this. I doubt any phone does it better anyways as no phone has more than 2 speakers that I know of.

I have a 4GB Sandisk Memory Card for mine and it has over 300 songs right now, as well as a few videos and over 50 pictures I took, with over 1.5GB left to spare. I don't plan on filling it up ever, songs don't take much space.

After the first 2 years, my phone started slowing down a bit. It's still very fast compared to anything I've seen anyone with, especially any smartphones with touch screens, but it just takes a few more seconds when loading music or when I write an extremely long text(like 100 words or more). Another thing that has gotten worse with age is the battery life. After 2 years it was running out quicker between each full charge. When it was new it would go for well over 5 days day and night with around 20 short calls and around 150 texts of different sizes.

These days I have to charge it after 2 or 3 full days, and if I talk on phone for more than an hour straight, it might lose all battery just because of the heat of the phone for some reason. Texting still doesn't bother it much unless I do it nonstop for a half hour or something. Music barely does anything either. I will recommend you DO NOT get a new replacement battery if this happens. I did this and the new battery did the same thing. I think it is just the phone getting old.

The last thing I can think of to mention is the interface and menus. I have read other people's reviews all over internet and it seems you either find the menus confusing or you are like me and think they are the best you ever saw in a phone. The main menu can be changed if you want but its default is a grid of 9 pictures that each go to most of the phones features. One goes to messages, one to Web, one to Tools and Options, one to Contact List, you get the picture.

Then most other menus are just a list. You can use arrows up and down or just push the number of the option you want to choose on the list. To me this is as simple as can be, but I guess some people find it confusing because there is so much the phone can do, the amount of options becomes overwhelming. Not sure.

The backlight is always good and very bright. Hasn't dimmed at all in 3 years. There is internet of some sort but I don't use it because I am not on Verizon, I use Page Plus, so I can't do anything that requires internet since this is a Verizon phone. Also, there's just nothing for me to do. Apparently you could check email and certain sites have a smaller version made for earlier phones, but I wouldn't want to pay for data even if I was on Verizon. What a waste of moolah they are though.

Please everyone, check out Page Plus. It is the same signal as Verizon, and you will save a lot. I save $60 a month. WOW. That is just me one single line. If you have a family and are all on Verizon, PLEASE stop wasting your money. I know it sounds impossible but there is actually no downside at ALL. Sorry for the advertising.

I bought the phone when it was new straight from Verizon for $300. I know, I was kind of foolish with my money back then, but I still don't regret it because this phone has never let me down and does more than I could have wanted because when I bought it I was just looking for a texting mania phone. The only thing I'm afraid of is that I won't be able to buy enough of these to last me the rest of my life. Sounds crazy, right? But if the way of the future is touch screens or something worse... gulp then what is a guy like me who wants everything to go fast and simple.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 11, 2012
Color Name: Blue
I've had my first enV3 (the burgundy red one) for well over 3 yrs, and it's finally showing its age. I keep getting "invitations" from Verizon to upgrade, but since I'm ditching the husband attached to the account, I don't want to be stuck with another 2-yr contract on the line - plus, I can't get the enV3 thru Verizon anymore. :p

I agree w/other reviewers; if you're looking for a solid phone for calling, texting and taking decent pix, this is the one you want. I bought an SD card for added memory because I take a LOT of pix with my phone; more on that later.

I was dragged into the 21st century reluctantly when it came to texting; the fact that I have a teen-age daughter finally made it a necessity. The QWERTY keyboard is easy and comfortable to use, and the size of the inside screen is great for these (ahem!) somewhat aging eyeballs to see without squinting. I like the feel of the phone itself, and it fits into the front pocket of my jeans perfectly. As another reviewer mentioned, I'm not crazy about touch-screen phones because they just seem too finicky for me - and yes, I butt/pocket dial now and then - but I could put a locking code on if I felt like it. It just doesn't happen that often to matter to me, I guess.

I've had to replace the battery only once in all this time - and even ordered that thru Amazon upon the advice of a rep at a Verizon store. She told me I'd get it about 75% cheaper here, and she was right! And here's a trick she taught me that might help some of you with battery and/or shut-off issues: She folded a small, thin, piece of plain paper into a narrow rectangle and placed it under the battery (not near any connecting points) so the battery would fit a little more snugly, and that completely eliminated the problems I'd been having with my phone shutting off unexpectedly and not holding a charge.

I use my cell phone as my "main" phone; therefore I almost never turn it off, and would go to sleep with it plugged into the charger. I've only recently learned that leaving a phone plugged in beyond the point when it's fully charged wears on the battery and will lessen its life. But - I need to have my phone on, and I need it to be charged, so for now, I try to pay more attention during the day, charge it then, and unplug promptly. I've also heard that you're supposed to allow the battery to drain completely down before recharging it, but again, that's just not feasible for me. I plan to get an extra battery at the same time I buy the blue version - that should cut down on those hassles in my situation.

Now about the pix: I'm constantly amazed by the awesome ones I'm able to take on a PHONE(!) - and when necessary, it has a great little editing package; zooming, brightening, cropping, etc. For my purposes, I often think it's actually easier (and faster) to modify pix right then and there, rather than mess around later when I transfer pix to the computer. And, when I go to upload to the computer, I very seldom feel the need "tweak" them because what I did on the phone looks great. One admission; this would be the only time it could use a little bit bigger screen to more easily see finer details, but even so - that's negligible compared to all the capabilities.

I've used quite a few phones over the years, but this is the one that I have truly ENJOYED owning - and the one everyone wants after they've borrowed it! :D
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 30, 2012
Color Name: BlueVerified Purchase
Ordered product late Thursday nite, recieved Monday morning! Very easy to transfer mobile number, very surprised of the ease of use, picture quality is really good, highly impressed!
on June 30, 2011
Color Name: BlueVerified Purchase
great phone in every category! keep it nice in a case and dont drop too viciously and itll last for years! Very Very pleased.
on August 7, 2012
Color Name: Red
I never bought a phone online before so I was a little nervous however I figured I would take a chance and I am so glad I did. I had no problems. I picked this phone out, I paid, it was sent to me within the time frame stated (less than a week) I called Verizon, they turned it on. I am now ready to purchase another one and I purposely looked for this seller since I had no issues the first time.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 11, 2012
Color Name: BlueVerified Purchase
I bought this phone with the intention of skipping having to go to the Verizon store. Dealing with the sales people and all the different products and plans can drive you nuts. With that said, the phone arrived fairly quickly, as most of my Amazon orders do. Activating the phone was a five minute deal on Verizon's website. As far as the phone goes, it was in very good shape and has had no issues to date, nor do I expect any. I got exactly what I paid for, a phone. This phone can be used for the internet, but I had Verizon turn that feature off. So all in all, another terrific purchase from Amazon.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 26, 2011
Color Name: BlueVerified Purchase
No problems. Reliable phone. Purchased this one to replace LG enV3 which had gone swimming in a pool and then was put through the wash.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations