Combine 4G LTE connectivity speed with the super-fast processor of the LG Viper 4G from Sprint, and you can browse the Web, watch movies and message at warp speed. Running the Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system, the Viper 4G is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and features 1 GB of RAM for excellent multitasking. The sleek, ultra-thin smartphone also boasts a 4-inch bright and clear touchscreen display for better viewing under direct sunlight, and it's enhanced by a Corning Gorilla Glass screen protector for extra peace of mind.
Bright 4-inch display with
Gorilla Glass protection (view larger).
LG Viper 4G
At a Glance:
- 3G/4G LTE connectivity
Sprint 4G LTE network is available in limited markets.
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 4-inch Gorilla Glass touchscreen
- 4 GB memory + 4 GB microSD card
- 5-MP rear camera + VGA front camera
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Personal/corporate e-mail
The Viper 4G also includes dual cameras for easy on-the-go video chats, and it supports NFC and Google Wallet--allowing for swift and smooth transactions at hundreds of thousands of stores nationwide. It is a device with attributes to join the Sprint line-up and boasts UL Environment (ULE) Platinum Certification--the highest level of environmental performance of a device that is recognized by Sprint and ULE.
It runs on Sprint's 4G LTE network, offering simultaneous voice and data connectivity. Additionally, the phone can still connect to 3G data services in areas not currently served by Sprint's 4G LTE network (learn more about Sprint's 4G LTE network below).
Note: Sprint 4G LTE network is available in limited markets.
In addition to the Android OS, the Viper 4G also features Sprint ID, an intuitive way of customizing Android content that enables you to instantly download predefined packs that deliver widgets, ringtones, and wallpapers all at once (learn more below). And you'll be able to enhance your smartphone via Google Play with a selection of over 450,000 additional apps.
The phone also includes Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking plus Mobile Hotspot capability for sharing your 3G/4G connection with up to ten Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously. Other features include a 4 GB internal memory, expansion via optional microSD memory cards (a 4 GB card is also included), Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, GPS for navigation via built-in Google Maps and location-based services, personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 7 hours of talk time (see full specifications below).
The Viper 4G's casing is constructed from 50 percent recycled plastics, and it includes charger with a no-load consumption rating of .03W, which exceeds the EC Code of Conduct on energy efficiency. LG has also eliminated the use of many environmentally sensitive materials in manufacturing the device, including polyvinyl chloride (PVC), brominated flame retardants (BFR), halogen, beryllium, phthalates, and nickel. It's CarbonFree certified to offset the carbon footprint of the phone's full lifecycle and ULE Platinum Certified--the highest level of environmental performance recognized by sustainable requirements established by ULE and Sprint. Finally, the phone comes in fully recyclable packaging that is printed with soy inks, contains up to 87 percent post-consumer paper, and was engineered with a glueless construction.
The LG Viper 4G weighs 5 ounces and measures 4.59 x 2.44 x 0.46 inches. Its 1700 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7 hours of talk time. It runs on Sprint's 4G LTE network as well as the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
LG Viper 4G handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 4 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide
Packed with 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and dual front and rear cameras (view larger).
Sprint's 4G LTE Network
Note: Sprint 4G LTE network is available in limited markets.
Sprint 4G LTE services dramatically increase download speeds for photos, videos and large files. You can download a favorite song, picture, sitcom or large video in seconds, not minutes, or watch live streaming video--all while on the go, not just from the home or office. Additionally, businesses can benefit from the fast connectivity speeds of 4G LTE. Some examples include:
- Real estate agents can conduct virtual property tours.
- Construction teams using 4G LTE in the field can save valuable time by sharing schematics with engineers online.
- Insurance companies can speed their claims management through real-time communication with on-site adjusters.
- Health care professionals can improve their ability to remotely monitor patients.
- Emergency first responders can rapidly assess and coordinate disaster action with real-time on-site video and audio.
- Photojournalists can instantly transfer high-resolution images to the newsroom.
Just a few of the Sprint ID packages.
Make your phone a reflection of who you are with Sprint ID, which helps you get the most out of your phone by allowing you to choose a total experience for your device. You'll be able to quickly download ID packs that deliver a predefined experience--including applications, widgets, ringtones and wallpapers--all at once. Packs are designed to meet your interests--whether you're a sports fan, fitness fanatic, or auto enthusiast.
And the catalog of Sprint ID experiences will grow and expand--it's a marketplace full of experiences just for you. Choose from a single experience or many--it's about customizing your phone with the information you want in the palm of your hand. Here are a few examples of currently available Sprint ID packs:
- Entertainment ID: Features a host of fun video, music, photo and news apps including Facebook, Celebrity Tweets, Pandora, Shazam, Rhapsody, E! Online and more.
- Socially Connected: A customized experience for keeping users connected with friends on-the-go. Pack includes: Facebook, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Mashable, Tweetcaster, YouTube, and more.
- Health and Fitness: Features all the best wellness related resources for eating right, staying fit and tracking users' progress with the ability to customize to their specific interests and goals. Pack includes: Workout Coach, Fitness Tips, Calorie Counter, BMI Calculator and more.
- Business Productivity: The perfect solution for busy professionals who want to stay connected, entertained and informed on-the-go. This pack features all the best tools to assist with travel plans, organization, communication and more.
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The LG Viper 4G runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread). It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Viper 4G also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Google Play, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Google Play for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
- 4G LTE connectivity (available in limited markets) with simultaneous voice and data capability
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n/a) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allows up to ten Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G or 4G LTE experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity provides faster throughput while minimizing on power requirements. includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as mobile e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 1.2 GHz Snapdragon dual core processor
- 4-inch touchscreen display with Gorilla Glass protection (480 x 800 pixels; 16.7 million colors)
- Onscreen keyboard
- Removable battery
- 4 GB internal memory
- 4 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 1 GB RAM
- 5-megapixel rear camera with auto focus and flash
- VGA front camera for video chats
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, WMV, H.264, H.263
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.
Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA), also known as CMAS, is a part of a national alerting system called IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and Warning System) that enables emergency management officials to rapidly disseminate the warnings and safety information via text alerts to wireless phones based on the phones’ geographic location. The Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA is responsible for receiving the alerting information and forwarding the alerts to participating wireless carriers such as Sprint. Such alerts may come from the President of the United States; the National Weather Service, state or county public safety officials. This system is integrated into the same national alerting services that serve television and radio today.