Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on December 11, 2007
To be perfectly honest, I was stoked to see a phone that could compete with the iPhone. I wanted an iPhone until I heard a lot of complaining about the phone, specifically that I'd have to change to AT&T. That price drop also didn't endear me.

I was torn between the Venus and Voyager, and I settled on the Voyager because I was somewhat worried about the sliding on the Venus and because the Voyager has many more multimedia options than the Venus. The biggest example is the TV. Frankly, I doubt I'll use it often, but it's FUN to at least HAVE the option.

The issues I have with the phone coincide with many of the reviews I've already seen: durability of the touchpad; battery life; getting used to the touchpad controls.

I haven't removed the original film off the front of the phone, and I'm happy I haven't, seeing as it gets more scratches than I care to admit. They sell film to cover the touchpad, but it's unnerving to leave the phone bare.

The battery life tends to depend on how many applications I'm using. So far, it's been fine, but if I use it too much, I recharge it on my computer using the USB port. It's a fast fix for the problem.

The touchpad needs getting used to. You have to constantly unlock it, and it takes awhile to understand the patterns. I wish LG had made the menus more intuitive, and had allowed the user to choose which functions are on top. I tend to use the Email and Internet Browser a lot, and I always have to dig to find the applications.

Finally, I have to say... because you're used to the touchpad, you tend to forget there are actually "SEND/CLEAR/END" buttons on the bottom of the phone. This actually makes receiving calls much easier than it seems, but, again, it's not necessarily intuitive because you get used to using the touchpad for everything.

Still, I'm happy with the phone for the most part. It was my 2-yr upgrade from an LG V, and, although I need to buy film for the touchpad and an exterior memory card, I still paid about half what I would have for an iPhone without changing companies nor any of the additional costs.

Overall, this is a techno-geek phone, with marvelous multi-media capabilities, a full Internet browser that you can see on either screen, a full QWERTY keyboard that's a bit larger than the LG enV, and several other bells and whistles.

If you're not techno-savvy, get a less technology intense phone because this is not a beginner's phone. It's also not a PDA, and its capabilities for appt keeping and such are fairly basic.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2007
Before my review i must say that if you're someone who is looking for a basic cell phone or someone who is technologically intimidated then this is definately not the phone for you. There are far more simple phones to use one the market right now. Also it should be said that the voyager is aptly titled "cell phone plus..." because of all the extra features included with it. So if your looking to buy a phone to just make phone calls on or perhaps the occasional text buying this phone would be like buying a $10,000 lawnmower to mow a tiny lawn. All that being said, I'm the other type of person, A glutton for new technology, and the LG Voyager manages to fill my appetite and then some. For anyone who doesn't already know this phone was created to compete with the almighty IPhone and speaking objectivly i can say that i has everything the IPhone has with a cherry on top. OK, You've got 2 screens. The front screen has an intuitive touch interface and a simple shortcut menu. Its alot of fun, takes about a 10 minute learning curve to get used to and it's where you'll be spending most of your time. Then fold open your phone and you've got a second, horizontal screen and a qwerty keyboard,a feature not present on the IPhone, which makes text messageing a whole lot more convenient. A plus for music lovers, you can port all your mp3s over to your voyager and listen on the go(yes just like the IPhone). But instead of an internal memory like the IPhone has the majority of it's memory stored on micro sd cards. The minus side to this is you have to shell out more money for the memory card. The phone also includes a 2.0 megapixel camera. Just turn your phone sideways and start taking pictures. The quality, while being not as good as most digital cameras on the market, is definatly a big step up from the grainy, throw-in camera on most cells. A flash feature woulda been nice though. Then you can take your pics and send them via pix message, a feature inexplicitly missing from Apple's product. You can surf the wed on the Voyager but unlike the IPhone it's not WiFI capable so you'll have to shell out the dough to verizon to use this service. You can even watch TV on it. Verizon offers packages at a fairly affordable price. There are plenty of other features on the Voyager but i think i went on long enough so I'll leave it like this. I have plenty of electronic devices but right now it's #1 on my favorites list. In my humble opinion it's the best(yes the best)all-in-1 device on the market. IPhone Shhm-IPhone
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2007
*Note...if a "Flip and Talk" phone is more your speed, then the Voyager is probably not the phone for you. The Voyager is geared more for a person that loves gadgets and lots of them.

If operating costs and equipment features are important to you then this review will be an eye opener. I personally look at plans, equipment costs and features when choosing a wireless provider. It's important for you to know that I don't work for or am affiliated with any wireless carrier in any way. I'm purely a consumer.

Let me start out by saying that I "almost" left Verizon to get the iPhone. I knew that the iPhone was in development and I couldn't wait. Imagine my disappointment when Apple signed an exclusive contract with AT&T...uggg...soooo I let my 2 year contract with Verizon run out, I didn't do the New Every 2 and kept my old beat-up phone an additional YEAR with the intent of changing carriers. Just to get the iPhone even though I have been "mostly" happy with Verizons' service. They just didn't have the iPhone and that's what I wanted....bad. The time had come to make the leap to AT&T and to the iPhone. I started the process and to my surprise the cost of my plan would have increased by over $80 and I would have had to pay for features I got for free on my current Verizon plan. I had a Family Share Plan with 1000 min. and have 4 phones that all share the minutes. Plus, web, vcast, text, name it. All for about $114 a month. A great deal that isn't even offered anymore by Verizon. To switch to AT&T and get the iPhone I would have had to first purchase the iPhone from Apple ($399) and sign a plan just for the iPhone, no more Family Share Plan and the cheapest plan was $59 for 500 minutes plus add web, pics, text etc..(about $70 in total) Then get a Family plan with web, text, pics, etc. for my 3 remaining phones (700 min. + all the goodies at $85) plus get 3 new phones with an average cost of $40.00 each ($120.00) for decent phones, shipping, activation, etc. Already I'm looking at @ $660 out of pocket just to get started. My monthly bill (give or take a few dollars) would have ended up costing @ $155. So if you take all of the costs and lump them together over the 2 year contract (not counting the over web minutes) My cost per month would have been somewhere between $175-$195. So, now I'm very sad...I waited and waited and now this. All of a sudden Verizon strikes back with the Voyager. Wow! This is like the iPhone but on steroids! I guess good things do come to those that wait. I did the New Every 2 and got the web discount of $50 for a total cost of $199 for the Voyager. PLUS 3 new phones for the family (2 free and one at about $50), bumped up the minutes to 1400 ($80 per month plus the goodies @ $25), unlimited web, text, pics, etc...all for an out of pocket cost of $250 when added together with the calling plan over the 2 year contract comes out somewhere between $115-$135. So a $50 dollar difference was very attractive to me.

That pretty much covers the calling plan/equipment cost issue but what about the phone features? Is the iPhone worth the additional $50 a month? Well let me tell you, strait up NO...not even close. Comparing cost to features, I can't even begin to go into detail as to how much the Voyager kicks the iPhones' butt in this category (this review is long enough already). However, let me say this...Apple has always been and always will be very focused on the "Eye Candy" and the User Interface (UI) which is great. I will give the iPhone it's props when it comes to making things look really cool and user friendly. I just think they charge too much for it. When you compare features -vs- cost the Voyager beats the iPhone hands down. However, the UI on the Voyager can be confusing at times and takes some getting used to plus it's not as "cool looking" as the iPhone. It took me about a day of playing with mine on and off to figure everything out. Here is a high level comparison between the iPhone and the Voyager:

Price after rebates: $399
Size: 4.5" x 2.4" x 0.46"
Screen size and resolution: 3.5" 320 x 480 touchscreen
Keyboard: Virtual QWERTY
HTML browser: Yes
Instant Messaging: No
PIM: Sync via iTunes
Music sync: Sync with iTunes
Video sync: Sync with iTunes for purchased TV and movie content
OTA music downloads: iTunes over WiFi, $.99/track
Expansion memory: none
Headphones: 3.5mm jack, headphones and microphone included
Bluetooth: Yes

Price after rebates: $199
Size: 4.64" x 2.12" x 0.71"
Screen size and resolution: External: 2.8" 240 x 400 touchscreen with VibeTouch (haptics) Internal: 2.8" 240 x 400
Keyboard: Exterior: Virtual QWERTY Interior: Physical QWERTY
HTML browser: Yes
Instant Messaging: Yes (MS, AIM & Yahoo)
PIM: Sync via V CAST
Imaging: 2 MP with video
WiFi: No
Rated talk time: 4.5 hours
GPS: Yes
TV: V CAST Mobile TV (MediaFLO)
Internal memory: 128 MB
Expansion memory: microSD/HC to 8 GB (empty)
Headphones: 2.5mm jack, no headphones included
Bluetooth: Yes, with A2DP

So as you can clearly see each phone brings SOMETHING to the table. The Voyager just brings a lot more at half the cost.

Bottom line: If you have read this review all the way to this point, you have really done your homework and are considering all of your options. You must really want an iPhone. My recommendation is before you jump over to AT&T and drop a ton of cash on an iPhone give the Voyager a test drive for 30 days. I guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised with what the Voyager can do at half the price.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2007
I preordered this phone with a new every two renewal discount. For the most part I love the phone, scrolling took some getting used to but I was trying to scroll too fast and would end up in some menu selecting an option I never wanted to turn on or off, trying to turn the language from Spanish back to English without knowning Spanish was not fun. The camera on this phone isn't the absolute greatest. Pics on the phone are fine until transferd to a computer. My wife has the enV and after a side by side comparison of the pics they took,(both 2MP) the enV was noticably sharper. I asked my local store tech and he said that the camera quality was a down grade from the enV for a sleaker look - the enV camera sticks out a bit from the body. The Voyager could also use a lens cover like the enV as mine is always covered with finger prints. Definetly would have put up with a small bump on the back of the phone to get rid of both small inconviences. My only other concern is the durability of the touch screen. It is not glass like the iPhone, not sure how scratch resistent this one will be. Other then those couple of little things I love this phone. Screen is bright, vivid and easy to read. Menu structure is easy to understand and navigate. Touch screen is good even for people like me who have sausage fingers. Battery life was actually better then I thought it was going to be as I love to play my music and surf the web. And finally the QWERTY keyboard is a must for texting. Definetly would purchase it again.
on June 20, 2008
I purchased the Voyager from Amazon for $160. So far I have been both impressed and disappointed with Verizon's constant attempts at controlling 100% of the customers experiences. If Verizon allowed the same Freedom as a Sprint or T-Mobile, they would be

The LG Voyager uses the core-design of the 9800 and 9900 series phones. This design is very nice, because the phone looks and feels like a small laptop computer. The keyboard is arranged much in the same way as a normal computer keyboard; which makes it easier to get used to.

1. Very clear sound. I have not heard any static. Calls sound like Landline calls.
2. Perfect shape design. I love the 9800 series when it comes to design. I love the full keyboard layout and the fact that the phone is a Fold-Open design. Keeping the inside screen safe. I have always preferred talking to someone on a Bar-Style phone, as opposed to a Flip-Phone. So you get both a Flip and Bar-Style phone.
3. The Voyager also keeps the stereo speakers. Both speakers are loud and make content sound crisp and clean.
4. Due 18 bit screens. Both the outside and inside display screens are large and powerful. You would need a program called "Bitpim" in order to make and transfer your own clips and wallpaper to your phone. Don't waste money on the garbage, 1-use, content that Verizon sells.
5. 2MP camera. The camera can take clean pictures, and also has some Night features. NOT Night-Vision! Just some spec's that can help photos taken at night look clearer. Pretty nice camera for a phone.
6. Voice Features are great! You can set the phone to recognize your voice commands. My voice has a deep sound to it, which the phone has little problem understanding. I also like the fact that I can set the phone to read phone numbers and contacts. So if my friend Stubin calls, the phone says his name. Phone numbers not listed in my contacts are just read out by number (5-5-5-2-2-2-2). You can also access lots of other voice features which will tell you what the network status is, as well as what menu options are high lighted.
7. Buttons places in good locations. The volume buttons are on the side, which is perfect when making phone calls, and perfect when your watching TV. Buttons are also large enough.

The Cons:
1. The Voyager being offered through Verizon, causes it to be limited by the BREW OS. BREW offers little to no free applications. Verizon will nickel and dime you to death for every little feature. They charge for application email support, for games, and for applications. Unlike the Java interface offered by Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile, which offers millions of free applications. BREW is very stable, but that would be the only advantage for the customer. So say good bye to Google maps and Yahoo! Go. With Verizon, you don't get to enjoy FREE.
2. While the phone does have an HTML browser, it is not on the level of Opera mini. It cuts pages into pieces, where older version of Opera mini would keep it all in 1 window. The browser is also very slow when it comes to opening large web sites. The sites have to be refitted to display on the screen, which can take a long time. I also hate the idea that when you click on the "Favorites" folder, you are given 2 link. 1 being to add the current site to the list and the other to view your Favorites. The "Add" option is first, which doesn't make any sense. You will be viewing your Favorites way more then adding them. So this just causes an extra, unnecessary step to view your Favorites Folder.
3. VCast clips are many, but not very clear. VCast has lots and lots of great clips. But unlike Sprint, Vcast clips are far more pixelated and there is no Streaming TV. VCast will also not work when in 1x parts of the nation and while roaming; unlike SprintTV.
4. VCast Mobile TV is nice, but not $15 a month nice. You get 8 channels... Yeah, only 8. So while VCast TV looks much better then SprintTV, the content is very limited. Out of the 8 channels, 4 are news. Every news channels shows the same things, so having 4 of them is a waste. It would be better to get 1 news channel and 3 more entertainment channels.
5. Sound of clips and TV are muffled and quite when the phone is closed. You can view clips on the outside display, but since the stereo speakers are inside, you will not be able to get great sound from them when the phone is closed. And since Bluetooth profiles have always been limited by Verizon, I no longer have a working set of Bluetooth headphones that work with this phone. There is still a headphones port, so you can use wired headphones.
6. GPS, but so what. Verizon charges $9.99 a month for unlimited GPS use. You also have to spend $15 for unlimited VCast for this feature to not charge you for data use. For a 24 hour trial, it cost $2.99, which is a HORRIBLE PRICE! And since the phone only uses BREW, no free GPS applications will work.

Like every other Verizon phone, the good and bad are waited against each other aggressively. You get something, but lose something else. Verizon is still insane with keeping their network locked down and under their control. So features and access that would make this phone as close to perfect as possible, are not going to be offered. So while the Voyager is one of Verizon first HTML phones, and one of the first to offer VCast TV. These accomplishments have been common practice with other carriers like Sprint and AT&T for years. The Voyager is a great phone, but I still feel cheated, as I am used to Sprint's freedom. If Verizon would allow more freedom of services and at a better cost, then phones like the Voyager would be the best-of-the-best. Instead, the Voyager is just the best phone Verizon sells. A phone with features that other carriers have sold for years.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2007
The Voyager is well equipped with extras (mobile TV, navigation system, music player, etc) but it is missing some of the small things that I feel a phone needs for day-to-day use. Some examples of this are: the address book does not have room for addresses and the data labels are unchangeable (each person can only have 2 email addresses, 1 home phone number, etc), the calendar is very basic and a little difficult to work with, the screen is difficult to scroll so if you are looking for a number to call in your contacts you are bound to press a couple names before you get to the one you want and Email (yahoo, aol) can only be accessed when the phone is open (even if you just want to read them). But the phone is easy to use, a great size (with keyboard) and text messaging and voice dialing are awesome. Overall, I am still undecided about whether or not I want to keep this phone... I feel like the extras which make it so cool will not be utilized all that often and the things that are missing/ inadequate will only bother me more over time but we will see.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2008
I can see why this phone is so popular and difficult to get. Sound and picture quality are excellent, touch screen is nifty and fun to use, and enough features to satisfy even the most avid of media junkies. QWERTY keyboard inside is large enough to be able to quickly text message without too much worry of typos, and the new "optimized" web browser shows exactly the desktop pages I need without a problem, either on the external or the internal screen. I also like the choice of opening the phone either halfway (with screen at an angle) or completely (flat).

Why don't I give it five stars then? Because of a couple of small technical problems.

First, Verizon has a very specific plan for this particular phone. If you're upgrading from existing equipment, chances are you need to change your plan. It actually worked mostly in my favor in terms of minutes (50 more for the same price), but imagine my surprise when I tried to use the NAV system and got an "expired" message with options for purchase, when before on my old plan with my LG8300 I'd already had unlimited access to Navigation. Since I really needed it, I chose the automatic $10 option (which I assume will keep it operational for another month), instead of the $3 "daily" option. It required another call to customer service to straighten it out.

Second, because the sound speaker is on the inside, you cannot hear voice instructions from the NAV system unless you open the device (although the NAV display and controls work on the external screen just fine). You can get around this problem if you use a bluetooth device in conjunction with the speaker, but personally I absolutely hate wearing those things in my ear.

And unfortunately, there is currently no mount on the market which will allow you to mount the phone in your car in such a way that you can leave the device open. And even from the closed position, Verizon does not make a mount for this will need to go to a third-party electronics store to find one suitable (I had to visit three different stores to do so before I finally found a "universal" cup holder mount). So the NAV system is, in effect, more inconvenient for me than it was on my old phone...I'm stuck with very muffled NAV instructions on a closed phone if I ever want to use that feature.

Other than that though, it's a great little device.
on December 13, 2007
After having owned several Nokia's, an LG 6000 (indestructible phone) and a Motorola Rzr (NEVER again), my teenager talked me into trying the Voyager. It took a week or so to get used to it, but now having used it for a few weeks I am definitely keeping it.

What I use:
- phone: call quality is excellent, as good or better than either the LG 6000 or the Rzr. As others have said, when the call volume is high the sound quality is not so great, but just turn the volume down a bit and it is great. It also works well with the JawBone headset.
- web browser: so-so, although it works well for gmail, which makes it worthwhile for me.
- camera/video: seems to work OK, but a flash would have been nice. However, I'm not giving up my Canon digital camera.
- mp3 player: Huh, this thing plays music? My teenager assures me that I am a complete dork since I'm not using this "very cool" part of the Voyager. Although she did send me a 30 second clip of Louis Armstrong singing "What a Wonderful World," which is now my ring tone. Now *that* is cool. (btw - said non-dork teenager loves her LG Venus.)
- mobile TV: have no clue and will probably not use.

Both internal and external screens are bright - get a screen protector (we adapted the ClearTouch protectors for the iPhone). The scrolling on menus and the browser takes getting used to but once you get the hang of it it works well.

I use both the touchpad and internal keypad , and even with my large and chubby fingers the keypad is easy to use. The touchscreen works well for me.

Verizon is the best service for our usage in the DC area. If you have Verizon, the contact synching service (Backup Assistant via Get it Now) is highly recommended - it is free of the monthly fee if you use the online "My Account", although you will pay a data / text charge unless you have a data or texting plan such as Vcast or whatever.

Bottom line: keeping in mind that we used our upgrade every 2 credit and got the rebate and are satisfied Verizon Wireless customers, this is a great phone and we'd get it again. (And we are soooo glad to be getting rid of the Motorola Rzr's we had - Worst. Phone. Ever.)

Of course, YMMV.
on April 1, 2008
This is easily the best cellphone I've owned yet ... hence the 4 stars.

Strenths: (in no particular order)
* Turn by Turn GPS Navigation (worth the added monthly fee)
* Very good camera ... for a cell phone.
* Big crystal clear screens.
* Full qwerty keyboard.
* MP3 capability
* Removeable/expandable battery (a major shortcoming of the iPhone)
* Videocam ability.
* Some handy tools - like 'backup assistant' for backing up, managing and printing one's contact list. They bill you for the privilege though. That's TANSTAAFL in action, my friends. Still, in this case, it's worth it.
* Ability to upload music from one's PC, and download pics from the cellphone to one's PC, via USB ... not to mention using a USB to recharge.
* Decent touch screen.
* Voice recognition and bluetooth.

Weaknesses (in no particular order):
* BATTERY: Talktime on the default 900mah battery is weak ... I only got 3 hours, and I subsequently upgraded to a 1500mah extended battery, which rendered it at least tolerable. Now it can do 5-6 hours ... albeit less if heavy websurfing is involved. BTW, websurfing is much more intensive on the battery than mere talk-time, because the latter can save power by blanking the screen after a few seconds, whereas the former keeps the screen active. Speaking of which, I wish both uses had separately adjustable screensaver times ...
* Camera lacks a flash, and a protective cover. For that matter, I think the whole phone should come with a protective clip-on case by default.
* The manual claims this phone has an adjustable sensitivity setting for the touch screen. It does not - it only has a position calibration setting, in which you touch each corner of the screen once. That's it.
* I have yet to figure out how to route music playback to my bluetooth.
* Web browser seems significantly slower, and more awkward, than iPhone's, and it seems to inexplicably take no advantage of memory card expansions in order to use a cache to minimize page reloads or zoom re-rendering.
* Phone contact list entries are oddly designed and incompletely integrated with the phone's other features. Why, for instance, have entries for a 2nd mobile number and a 2nd e-mail address, but not for a 2nd work number ? How come their GPS 'call destination' capability wasn't integrated with the contact list ? How come the speed dial capability can only be used for calling, but not for texting ?
* E-mail capability seems significantly inferior to my friend's iPhone. It's downright awkward and poorly integrated ... for example, once you open the qwerty to type (which deactivates the touch screen), you cant get back to the touch screen to populate the distribution list - if you try, the e-mail goes poof. Gone. Perhaps I just havent mastered it's quirks yet, but in the meantime I often just use texting instead ... although it's 160 character limit is annoying.
* The "Groups" feature in the contacts list is limited to a woefully feeble 10 entries. I dunno about you, but I have a LOT more than just 10 family, 10 friends, 10 coworkers, etc.
* Calendar entries lack an extended notes field, which heavily limits the phone's ability to serve as a dayplanner. Why have a full qwerty, yet limit calender appointments to 32 chars ?! Stupid.
* Videocam recordings use a properietary format not playable on PCs.
* The Manage my Pictures capability seems to lack the ability to organize things into folders or subgroupings ... forcing the user to constantly download pics to a computer, in order to to keep the phone decluttered.
* The GPS lacks altitude information, and the turn by turn navigation always has you moving across the narrowest dimension of the phone, instead of the longest ... which reduces lead time and visibility of the path ahead. Why they dont have maps face the long way, and position you atop the bottom third of the screen, is beyond me. The phone also has to reload the map everytime you change zoom, which is sluggish and annoying ... the phone seems incapable of taking advantage of its expanded memory card to render that unnecessary.
* As mentioned above, the zoom feature, is slow, awkward, and generally inferior to the iPhone's.

That's enough for now.

All in all, despite all my many nits, it's still a very good phone ... chock full of features. However, there's still plenty of room for further improvements. I keep hoping for some firmware and software upgrades that whittle that pile down, but there's no sign as of yet. In other words, it's a bit of a frankenstein ... too many roughly stiched together pieces that together make an impressive whole, but which dont work together as seamlessly as they could or should. They should have refined it more before releasing it to the market.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2007
For starters, I love this phone so much, I never want to put it down. I upgraded from a Motorola E815 and am glad I did.

Verizon really did themselves a favor by picking this one up before anyone else could. With the new surge of techno-craze recently, it seems like there's always some hot new product turning heads on the streets and in the company elevator. This will definitely do that no matter where you are. But it's not just a good looking phone. As you may well know, countless people flocked to the "stylish" Motorola Razr, only to be greatly disappointed with its capabilities. Let me tell you, if you're into gadgets and gizmos, or if you just like to do a lot of things with one device, the LG Voyager is definitely for you.

Dual 2.81 in. screens (the external one a responsive touch screen) are very sharp and display images very nicely. The external screen has two menus; one is an 8-icon screen with the phone basics, and the other a 12-icon screen with more media and business related things. Just about everything works with the touch screen, with the exception of a few applications and games, and many users will find that scrolling through menus and contacts with the touch screen is better when navigating through Verizon's somewhat boring and text-heavy menus, once you get the hang of it. Cool features allow you to view pictures full screen, and you can even use the touch screen to edit (crop, zoom, & rotate). The music player is also touch enabled, the the touch interface is much nicer than the standard one on the internal display. The more premium applications round out with stereo- and file transfer- Bluetooth support, mobile email, HTML web browsing, VCast, VZ Navigator, and even their mobile TV service (there's an antenna that comes out the bottom for better reception). I haven't tried this feature yet mostly because of the $25 buy in, but i assume it works well in the better coverage areas. LG also didn't forget the essentials, as it comes with a calculator, alarm clock, calendar with event planner, world clock, notepad, tip calc, and even a voice recorder.

On the inside of the phone is a very nice, very usable qwerty keypad which makes texting a breeze. Buttons are large enough for people with bigger fingers, but small enough to keep overall phone size down. Sitting next to the internal display are two speakers that put out great sound for their small size. The phone comes with 128MB of internal memory, and claims it's expandable to up to 8GB with a microSD card, but I heard there's a bug with larger sizes that is currently being addressed. I have a 1GB card in right now and it works just fine. Media can be transfered with the Music Manager program, but you can also put the phone in USB mass storage mode and upload things that way. I added some photos that show off the screens' good quality.

Lastly, the phone (and this lengthy review, sorry!:-)) rounds off with a 2MP camera/ video recorder. The camera is loaded with numerous options for editing and adjusting snapshots, though the picture quality is not all it could be. Don't go throwing away your digital cameras. The video recorder is not that great, which is pretty true for all phones, but it serves its purpose. Interestingly enough, the camera is actually a downgrade from the phones predecessor, the enV, as its picture quality is actually not as good and lacks both a lens cover and a flash, features present on the enV. They say the sacrifice was made for appearance purposes, but people who love these features may come to miss them.

Overall, a very stylish phone that's thin for all that it offers. Plus it's on Verizon's network, which gets really good coverage. I can't begin to tell you how many times people borrow my phone because they have no service. I think it's worth the price if you can afford it. Just make sure you go for the warranty and take care of it. I dropped mine in the street the other day and died a little on the inside, but doing that I can say that it's pretty durable, lol. Buy it if you can!! You'll be happy you did. A thorough review for a very thorough phone.