5.0 out of 5 stars A great word game!
Published on January 29, 2012 by Candace Kiekhefer

1.0 out of 5 stars very disapointing
This was a huge dissapoinment. The controls hardly work, it is very frustrating to use. Even though, I enjoy the show and love word games, I archived it after a few tries.
Published on March 26, 2012 by Mary C

5.0 out of 5 stars A great word game!, January 29, 2012
This review is from: LINGO (Kindle Edition)
I remember watching this game on GSN (Game Show Network) and loving it. I have always been a fan of word games. This game for kindle plays just like the TV show did. There are 3 rounds in which you have to guess the 5 letter word. You are given a clue to begin with. You type in your answer and the game lets you know if you are right. If you are right, you proceed to your lingo board (more about that later). If you are not right, you are told whether or not any of the letters in the word you typed are in the answer. If your letter has a grey square around it - the letter is correct and in the right place. If your letter has a circle around it - the letter is correct but not in the right place. You get 5 chances to get the right answer. By looking at any letters circled or squared you can determine the correct word. If you end up not figiuring out the answer at all, the game does tell you what the word was. Your Lingo board is a square with a 5x5 grid of circles inside . Some have numbers in them and some are blank. On the outside of this square there are circles - 5 circles on each of the four sides. You get to pick any 2 circles everytime you get to the Lingo board having guessed the word. A number is revealed that is the same as one of the numbers inside the square. Then the circle with that number goes blank. The object is to try to get 5 blank circles in a row (horizontal or vertical or diagonal) and that's a LINGO!! If you pick a "stopper" you are done and go back to begin the next round - there are two stoppers! If you pick a prize ball you get half of the amount of what the words are in that round but you don't get to blank out a number and get closer to a Lingo - there are two prize balls as well. Once you get a Lingo, then you are given a new Lingo board to play with. There are 3 rounds in the game - three words to guess in each round. The first round words are worth 100 pts. - the second round words worth 200 pts. - the third round words worth 500 pts. If you get a Lingo in any (or all) of the round the Lingo is worth 100 or 200 or 500 pts. depending on which round your are in. After playing the 3 rounds you go to the Bonus Lingo round. You start with what ever amount of points you accumulated during regular game play. Your points (or cyber dollars)double every time you get a correct answer. Miss one word and the bonus round is over. You guess the words in the same way as you do during regular gamplay. The game will keep track of your top ten highest scores. There is both one player and two player options. Should you need to stop in the middle of the game your progress will be saved. Are the words hard to figure out? All I can say is that I have figured some of them out on the first try and others I didn't get at all! I think this is a great game and am glad I bought it for my Kindle!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little Kindle game, February 19, 2012
Bex (Drums, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LINGO (Kindle Edition)
Word games are pleasurable, and this one is challenging. It's well worth the price and is a nice addition to my Kindle.

1.0 out of 5 stars very disapointing, March 26, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars LIngo, March 5, 2012
I bought this game the end of February 2012
and I'm already having repeat questions during
the games. I'm so disappointed!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not My Game, April 13, 2012
This review is from: LINGO (Kindle Edition)
You win some, you lose some. I've played this a couple of times, and ordinarily I love the word games, but this one just doesn't do it for me.

This game is apparently fashioned after some TV game I've never seen.You get a clue and 5 letter slots. You guess a 5-letter word, and the game will tell you how many letters are correct. You get about 4 chances to guess the correct word. You get only one clue (plus the correct letters along the way). Oh, I forgot it's timed, too.

Simply not my cup of tea, so to speak. Frankly, some of the clues are rather obscure.
Clue: Will it bring a fortune?
Answer: Wheel

Yeah, okay, I guess it's Wheel of Fortune, huh?

Only would recommend if you like that sort of thing.

3.0 out of 5 stars None, March 24, 2012
This review is from: LINGO (Kindle Edition)
I am very disappointed in this game. I bought it thinking that it would be a kid friendly game (pretty easy) but instead when I bough it and started playing it the clues dont really make sense. And the clues repeat. That I was very disappointed about.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lingo, April 12, 2012
LoreneM Holt (PORT LAVACA, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LINGO (Kindle Edition)
Not as good a game as I thought it would be and not very interested in playing the game, not anything like the television version.

2.0 out of 5 stars repeats, May 23, 2012
This review is from: LINGO (Kindle Edition)
I initially thought this game was great but the clues started repeating after about twenty games. I guess ten cents a game isn't bad...just keep new releases coming.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LINGO, March 27, 2012
This review is from: LINGO (Kindle Edition)
I love the LINGO game. It is very challenging, but I will not let it get the best of me. As they say practice, practice, practice.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lingo, March 24, 2012
This review is from: LINGO (Kindle Edition)
I am very disappointed in this game. Luckily it was not expensive or I would have really been upset. The game clues are repeated over and over, making it boring and not much fun to play. I prefer the original TV game of Lingo. I would not recommend it.

LINGO