Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LINKYO Compatible Replacement for Brother TN450 TN420 High Yield Toner Cartridge (Black)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 4, 2012
It works well in my HL-2280DW with one minor issue: when I first put it in, it still thought the toner was empty. There are two ways to get around this:

1: Go into the settings and tell the printer to continue working when it thinks the toner is empty. It's under menu/general/replace toner - then set it to continue instead of stop. With this you have the added bonus of using all of the toner in your cartridge, rather than stopping early - but may get some pages that don't print right when it's actually running out.

2: Reset the toner sensor - these worked for the 2280DW, some other instructions I found online didn't work right.

Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
Turn the printer off.
Hold the 'go' button (or "start' button) while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on.
Release the 'go' button (or "start' button).
Press the 'go' button (or "start' button) 2 times.
Pause.
Press the 'go' button (or "start' button) 5 times.
The toner light should be off.
The paper light should be on or flashing.
Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on.
44 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2012
I am a new owner of a laser printer, the Brother DCP-7065DN multifunction printer. I replaced the original cartridge with this just now and it fit the printer well and printed the first few pages just like the original toner. A few hints: if you want to save some toner, be sure you're printing in toner save mode. On your printer, at least my model, go to menu---Option 2. Ecology-- OK--- Toner Save -- Put that "on". Then on your computer in the printer devices, right click on your printer icon and bring up printing preferences. Then go to the advanced tab. Make sure the "toner save" box is checked. hit apply and save. That should help. And you can see a page count with your printer if you go to the menu and go to
"machine info" and from there you can see how many pages you've printed. All this will help to see if this is the most economical way for those of you who print alot of pages. And from what others wrote, remember you can bypass that low ink warning which comes way too early. Take out the drum/toner and shake it a bit from side to side, then run the slider thing back and forth a few times and that should give you some extra pages.
33 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
This ended up being a fine replacement toner cartridge for my HL-2240 after a few snags. The 1st snag is that the cartridge does not "lock" into place like the OEM (Brother) cartridge. At 1st I was concerned but it does fit snug and the printer door closed. I followed the directions to a T and it actually mentioned lifting up the lever for the cartridge to lock into place but there is no working lever on the right side of the drum as depicted on the diagram of the directions.

The next snag was the fact the printer did not recognize the toner cartridge as a new cartridge so I kept getting the "Replace Toner" errors. After contacting product support through their online chat I received the following steps to "reset" the printer:

1. Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
2. Turn the printer off.
3. Hold the 'go' button while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on.
4. Release the 'go' button.
5. Press the 'go' button 2 times.
6. Pause.
7. Press the 'go' button 5 times.
8. The toner light should be off.
9. The paper light should be on or flashing.
10. Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on.

Th last snag was that the printer was moved "Offline" for some reason. I found this out after my document failed to print and the top line of the printer queue said "Printer Offline". At 1st I noticed the "Ready" light on the printer was not green so I hit the "Go" button once - the "Ready" light came on but the printer was still offline. I then tried to disconnect the printer from the PC and turn it off then on and then reconnect it. It still did not work. The last thing I tried was to right click on the printer icon in my Control Panel / Printers and Faxes and I chose "Use printer online". The printer finally printed. I am guessing that last step did the trick but I listed all the steps just in case they all contributed somehow.

Now for those of you that are doubting that the printer is recognizing the new cartridge as "new / full" and you are not sure about the yield you may want to print out a "Printer Settings" doc to show you the life of the toner and the drum. I hang on to this as well and date it just to see how many days I get out of each - the amount of printing I do each day is fairly consistent. This document can be printed by hitting your "Go" button 2 times. I also use this to compare between this toner and the Brother brand I 1st used. The "Error History" column will list out the number of pages between toner replacements. It looks like I am averaging about 800 pages. The bad news is that I should be yielding closer to 2600 apparently but the good news is that this toner and the Brother yield about the same so far.

Good Luck and hopefully this will help you in your buying decision or troubleshooting any "snags".
33 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2012
I have to admit that buying toner online has been a challenge over the years. I've had very little success on Ebay so I turned to Amazon because of their guarantees even with vendors that use Amazon's portal. I originally bought the Polaroid brand thru another vendor thru Amazon and unfortunately, my copier/printer wouldn't recognize the cartridge. I opted for the Linkyo based on the limited reviews and the price for 2 was less than the price I paid for the single cartridge previously. To my delight, the Linkyo worked right out of the box and my printer recognized immediately. Print quality is just as good as the original Brother cartridge I had. In addition, this is a high yield so I'm getting more bang for the buck. Delivery was quick even with the supersaver shipping. Glad I bought this 2 pack and will again when it comes time to buy again.
on August 28, 2012
Output looks the same as the original cartridge. Looks better than the output I was getting after I refilled the toner in the original cartridge myself (made a mess, had a gray band at the top of each page, had ghosting on some pages), so this is cheap-enough to make refilling not worth it. I am going to order another.
on January 29, 2013
Okay, I was trying to save some money and went for this non oem product, normally i use TN450 from Brother.

First no problem with the shipping as this was fulfilled by Amazon, the only thing was I wish seller would change the price to $25 so non prime members can get the free supersaver shipping. Dont think customer will mind the extra penny.

Second no compatibility issue, easy to install and my printer HL-2270DW recognize the toner right away.

Third this item is suppose to be equal to TN-450 but it is not. This printed great when first installed but the print outs quickly faded. Now I kept all my print counts from the TN-450 and this product as follows:

The TN 450 printed 1556 pages prior to low toner light, an additional 543 pages before the change toner light or 2099 pages. However I got an additional 276 pages after overriding the change toner light (hit the go button 7 times) for a total of 2375 pages.

This on the other hand has only printed 1041 pages before it is now too faded to continue use. Also note this doesnt give you a low toner message as TN450 toner.

Overall it actually cost more to use this product as you need to change this toner more frequently than the TN 450 so go with the brother product and not this piece of crap.
44 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2012
I recently purchased this dual pack of toner cartridges for my Brother HL-22800W printer/scanner combo.

As may have recently been stated these cartreges don't "lock" into the printer caddy like the genuine Brother cartridges do. Upon further inspection you can see that they lack the bracket system that locks them in place so it appears that they are manufactured that way purposefully and this is not a quality control issue.

On the original "starter" cartridge that came with my printer I had been battling the "low toner" error for weeks before I finally ordered these ones, I figured what the heck, I'll risk it for the chance to stumble upon a good value. They arrived just in time for me to test them out with a large printing job. When i first installed the cartridge my printer showed an error saying "replace cartridge" but within seconds that error went away on its own and the printer has not displayed a single error since nor has it complained about the toner level.

I printed a 400 page PDF, on the duplex setting and haven't had any problems. I would say the print quality is on par with the original equipment and I haven't noticed any perceptible differences.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the product and if anything changes over the life of this cartridge I will update this post accordingly.
on November 12, 2012
This summer, I bought a Brother HL-2270DW monochrome printer, to use as our main printer instead of using the color laser printer for everything (an effort to reduce our cost per page). Not surprisingly, the included Brother toner cartridge didn't last very long which left me looking for a high-capacity toner cartridge instead.

I gave this cartridge a try, and it fit perfectly. Installation was just as if I used a Brother cartridge. We've been using this cartridge for a few weeks, printing some pages every day, and the cartridge has performed perfectly.
on December 17, 2012
Ordered these for my new HL2240D & HL2270DW printers since they only come with a 250 page cart. As others have stated, the Linkyo carts do not latch onto the drum carrier like the original, but they work fine regardless. I tried a cheaper cart before the Linkyo, but they did not work in either printer even after various tricks (rotating the flag wheel, disabling the service option). Linkyos worked fine right out of the box.
on September 28, 2012
Decided to try it after reading the mixed reviews of others. The unit does fit into the drum, but the cartridge is physically different and it will not "lock" into the drum. When you put the drum/toner combo into the printer it will go through its self check cycle and then gives an error for lack of toner. Others have also had this happen, some have had no problems, and some have had the error go away after a while. Maybe it will work with your specific printer, or another Brother model that also uses the TN450 cartridges, but it did not work at all with mine (model HL-2270DW).