Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LIONEL TRAIN BANK
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 11, 2007
We purchased this as a Christmas gift for my nephew. I was sure to make sure it was in working order since I had read some of the previous reviews saying that their's never worked. Everything was good to go other than one of the light bulbs was bad and we were not able to find an exact size replacement. We did find a slightly smaller bulb though and it worked fine. But the real frustration came after it was assembled. It continually came apart where the center tube fits together and where the top part fits into the tube. It wasn't even just when it was moved, if it was bumped, it would come apart. Then after we gave it to my nephew (which he LOVED by the way!) the Lionel sign came right off. I suggested to my brother, who is quite handy, that perhaps he could do something to it to make it more stable. I mentioned that maybe he could glue the sign on and 2 of the 3 connections so then it can still come apart to take the money out but wouldn't fall apart with the wind. Ok, that's an exageration, but not too far off. Overall it is very cute though and like I said, my nephew did love it. I would just have thought that something that is endorsed by Lionel would be built a little better.
on January 19, 2007
This bank has delivered a lot of enjoyment for both girls and boys.

On the plus side, the bank makes a pleasing steam locomotive sound, not too loud, but loud enough to entertain the kids. Assembly is very easy, and it looks great.

On the negative side, it is not the highest quality product, certainly not up to what I consider Lionel quality, but then again, the price is very reasonable. It survived the holiday party, with 7 small kids running and bumping into it and the older boys naturally playing a bit rough.

I have to say that when we have had a bunch of kids over, ages 2-10, they will line up to put change into the bank, not for hours at a time, but they seem to return to it over and over, drawn by the flashing lights and sound. It is pleasingly mesmerizing.

My recommendation, use some clear glue to cement some of the pieces together (keeping in mind that one day you will want to get the money out), and let the kids enjoy.

Definitely a recommendation for the kids that like trains. My daughter loves it!

Aaron

[...]

We find hidden profits in logistics and distribution.
on November 3, 2006
this is darling but we can't get it to work I see wires and new batteries but there is no sound or flashing lites.
on May 11, 2006
I order this product for my nephew. The product is great! Delivery was extremely slow. I recommend ordering plenty early. Using standard shipping, the product wasn't received until 21 days after I ordered. Amazon's estimated delivery date was only 4 to 10 days after ordering.
on July 16, 2016
I bought this bank for my son, and he loved it!! We started noticing that there was never loose change laying around because he was getting it to put in his bank!! It has held up now over 5 years and he still loves it!
on January 22, 2007
I bought this for my grandson because he is just starting his train

collection. It was a cute idea but after it was put together, it did

not light up and make any sound. Yes,we did put in batteries. Very disappointing and I'm out the money.
on January 16, 2007
I purchased this for my godson for Christmas and was very pleased even with the delivery schedule. It was easy to assemble as that is what I did so he would see and enjoy it right away and it was also easy for his Mom to break down slightly to take in her car to bring it home. The best part of it all was his enjoyment when he put the money in it and the train noise that it made , it was a hit!! Thank You
on November 18, 2006
I bought this bank for my son's 4th birthday. He love's it, but it doesn't always work. It is very cheaply made. It is for show, not for actual money holding. It has fallen apart numerous time, but the kids enjoy depositing money into it.
on January 11, 2007
I purchased the bank for my 2 year old son who loves trains. I anticipated this bank coming with an electric plug but it did not. The main issue with the bank is that it cracked while putting the lights on and the main base is not sturdy. It is very topheavy and the flimsy plastic tube deos not stay together properly. The other RR pieces do not fit properly either.

Even with all of the flaws my son loves the bank because it does make cool Train sounds and the lights flash.
on January 15, 2007
This is the second bank like this we have purchased. The first one we returned because it wouldn't light up or make sounds. Toatally defective and disappointing to a little boy. This one came and the one light bulb wouldn't work and before I could replace that bulb since you can't find it just anywhere the second one went out. So he doesn't use it since the lights don't work. Seems to be some function issues in my opinion but it is very cute and nice in a train lovers room.