More About the Author
An astrologer, journalist and writer, he was born in Naples in 1948 (on the 17th of July, at 5:40 am)
He worked for twenty years for the most popular daily of Naples, Il Mattino, writing articles on science, medicine, informatics, literature and astrology. He has always refused to cast the so-called 'horoscopes of the solar signs' for that newspaper, as well as for any other newspaper or magazine.
He worked (at the age of 20) for five years at the CNR (National Research Council) as Research Helper and, for two years, as Electronic Measures Laboratory's head in the Istituto Motori of Naples, CNR.
He has been dealing with astrology since 1970. He has written over 100 books, most of them best-sellers in Italy as well as abroad (France, the United States of America, Spain, Germany, Hungary, Slovenia and Russia) and he has published over 1,000 astrological lessons on YouTube and about 300 short Astrology Essays almost all on Google Books. In 1990 he founded the quarterly Ricerca '90, which he has been editing and publishing since then.
He has been doing statistical researches from the very beginning of his interest in astrology.
During the early '90s, he obtained brilliant results with researches on astral heredity on a sample of over 75,000 subjects, in different years and always under the control of different experts of statistics among which also teachers of the University of Naples.
The astrological rules #1 and #2, published in his Transits and Solar Returns but already described decades earlier in other publications of his, have been statistically demonstrated by Didier Castille - the greatest astrological statistic researcher in the world - on the entire French population, and this is probably the most convincing evidence in Astrology of the possibility to statistically demonstrate some astrological items. These rules were also demonstrated in over 40 years of studies by some researchers of Zurich University and they are the only statements of an astrologer, of every time, demonstrated by Official Science.
He has been holding seminars, courses and lectures in different universities and cultural centres in Italy and abroad.
He particularly deals with Predictive Astrology, Aimed Solar Returns and Aimed Lunar Returns. According to many colleagues, he may be considered the greatest living expert of this area of study. Not only has he written many texts on this specific segment of the art of Urania - he can also rely on the experience of more than 25,000 aimed birthdays (covering the years 1970 to 2012). The outcomes of these aimed birthdays have been recorded and analyzed by his consultants and himself at the end of each year after the consultant's departure for the aimed birthday.
He has developed extremely advanced software packages for the study of Predictive Astrology, also projecting an innovative algorithm which is particularly useful for the dating of events within one year, for individuals or groups of people.
He is deeply interested in informatics. Astrologically speaking, he followed the school of André Barbault.
He founded the school of the Active Astrology.
He is particularly proud of two unique achievements: he is the only astrologer in the world to have been paid to hold a seminar in Astrology in the prestigious university of Padova, in the very same hall where Galileo Galilei used to teach, and he is the only astrologer in the world who has received recognition from mainstream scientists for no less than two of his discoveries.
Active Astrology is a school of Astrology founded by Ciro Discepolo in the early 90's, based on researches that the Author has carried out from 1970.
It relies on two main subjects: Aimed Solar and Lunar Returns and the Exorcism of Symbols.
The main notion to which Active Astrology is anchored is that the beneficiary of this school strives to mitigate the so-called 'negative influences' that supposedly arrive from 'dissonant' positions of the Celestials in our solar system at the instant of the Solar or Lunar Return and also to potentiate the positive implications for the subjects who are examined every time.
An Aimed Solar Return consists in changing one's place of staying on the day of his or her birthday every year, thus relocating the Solar Return according to Discepolo's consolidated rules, and spending one day only (a few minutes in reality) in an accurately chosen place; which may be different for each year.
The Exorcism of Symbols, on the contrary, relates to the possibility of activating a symbol and therefore discharging it, according to the school of Carl Gustav Jung.
- Ciro Discepolo, Astralités d'Alberto Moravia, Etude de thème, l'astrologue, Numéro 54, Éditions Traditionnelles, 1981
- Ciro Discepolo, Un millénaire de conjoncture mondiale - Astrologie mondiale, l'astrologue, Numéro spécial 61, Éditions Traditionnelles, 1983
- Ciro Discepolo, Enquête sur l'hérédité astrale - Statistiques, l'astrologue, Numéro 63, Éditions Traditionnelles, 1983
- Ciro Discepolo, Nouvelle enquête sur l'hérédité astrale - Statistiques, l'astrologue, Numéro 67, Éditions Traditionnelles, 1984
- Ciro Discepolo, Statistique sur 834 nominations ministérielles - Statistiques, l'astrologue, Numéro 75, Éditions Traditionnelles, 1986
- Ciro Discepolo, Astrologia applicata [Applied astrology], Armenia, Milan, 1988, 294 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Nouvelle recherche sur l'hérédité astrale - Statistiques, l'astrologue, Numéro 94, Éditions Traditionnelles, 1991
- Ciro Discepolo, L'Hérédité astrale sur 50000 naissances - Statistiques, l'astrologue, Numéro 106, Éditions Traditionnelles, 1994
- Ciro Discepolo, Astrologie activiste - Réflexions sur l'astrologie, l'astrologue, Numéro 125, Éditions Traditionnelles, 1999
- Ciro Discepolo, Traité complet d'intérpretation des transits et des révolutions solaires en astrologie, Éditions Traditionnelles, 2001, 502 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, A Few Facts on Aimed Birthdays, Ricerca '90, 2001, 104 pages.
Luigi Galli and Ciro Discepolo, Geographical Atlas for the Solar Returns, Ricerca '90 Publisher, 2001, 136 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Treatise on Solar Returns (in Hungarian), DFT - Hungaria 2006, 190 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Treatise on Medical Astrology (in Slovenian), Publisher: Hermes (Zalozba Astroloskega Instituta), 2007, 262 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Transits and Solar Returns; a New System of Analysis for Two Ancient Methods, Ricerca '90 Publisher; Reprint edition, 2007, 556 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Transits et Révolutions Solaires: Un nouveau système pour deux méthodes anciennes, Ricerca '90, 2008, 468 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Die Transite und das Solarhoroskop: Ein neues System für zwei klassische Methoden, Ricerca '90, 2008, 648 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Transitos y Retornos Solares: Un nuevo sistema de analisis para dos metodos antiguos, Ricerca '90 Publisher, 2009, 668 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Treatise on Solar Returns (in Russian), Publisher: www.Astrolog.ru, 2009, 208 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Aimed Solar and Lunar Returns; what you can do when you cannot leave, Ricerca '90, 2009, 222 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Lunar Returns and Earth Returns; two supporting methodologies for Active Astrology, Ricerca '90, 2009, 304 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Aimed Lunar Returns and Solar Returns; a Short Album, Volume 1, Ricerca '90 Publisher, 2009, 108 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Aimed Lunar Returns and Solar Returns; a Short Album, Volume 2, Ricerca '90 Publisher, 2010.
- Ciro Discepolo, Lunar Returns; the many things you should know about this fantastic tool of forecasting, Ricerca '90, 2010, 240 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, The Protocol for Correction of Birth Time; a Practical Method to Correct Your Birth Time, Ricerca '90, 2011, 156 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Solar and Lunar Returns; many exercises, Ricerca '90, 2011, 154 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Astrologie Active: Voilà ce que vous devez faire si vous ne pouvez pas effectuer votre anniversaire ciblé, Ricerca '90, 2011, 192 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo and Andrea Rossetti, Astro&Geography; choose the best place on Earth to live with success or love or money or health..., Publisher: Ricerca '90, 2011, 138 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, The New Guide to Astrology; casting, analysing and reading the birth chart, Vol. 1, Ricerca '90, 2011, 426 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, The New Guide to Astrology; casting, analysing and reading the birth chart, Vol. 2, Ricerca '90, 2011, 502 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo and Luciano Drusetta, Relocating Solar Returns; the Importance of Being There, Ricerca '90, 2011, 136 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, Solar Returns; Interpreting Solar Returns: Predictions, Ricerca '90, 2011, 228 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, The Fundaments of Medical Astrology; the grounds for understanding the pathological tendencies of an individual by reading the stars, Ricerca '90, 2011, 238 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo and Danila Madau Perra, Evaluate Your Synastry; how to enhance the prospect of a stable and fulfilling relationship, Ricerca '90, 2012, 160 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, The Reading of the Natal Chart; the secrets of interpreting the Natal Chart illustrated with simplicity and clarity, Ricerca '90, 2012, 402 pages.
- Ciro Discepolo, The Great Treatise of Astrology, Volume 1, Ricerca '90, 2012, 618 pages
- Ciro Discepolo, The Great Treatise of Astrology, Volume 2, Ricerca '90, 2012, 624 pages
- Ciro Discepolo, Elective Astrology, Ricerca '90, 2012, 106 pages
- Marina De Chiara and Ciro Discepolo, Science and Human Sciences, University L' "Orientale" of Napoli, 2013, 104 pages
- Ciro Discepolo, The New Dictionary of Astrology, Ricerca '90, 2013, 440 pages
- Ciro Discepolo, The 20 Days Before and After the birthday, Ricerca '90, 2013, 110 pages
Complete bibliography: http://www.amazon.com/Ciro-Discepolo/e/B003DC8JOQ/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
La soggettività e la oggettività nelle scelte di indirizzo astrologico [The subjectivity and objectivity in the astrologically oriented choices], paid seminar at the University of the Studies of Padua, Faculty of Sciences of Communication, in the course conceived by Professor Maurizio Barbagallo, 9th of May 2001 (Link where you can download the relevant video, ca. 80 Mb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSvBGaz864M)
Miti, simboli, archetipi, astrologia, letteratura [Myths, symbols, archetypes, astrology, literature], University of the Studies of Naples "L'Orientale", Department of Comparative Studies and Italian Institutes for the Philosophical Studies, edited by Professor Vittorio Marmo and Professor Anna Maria Pedullà, 9th of May 2006 (Search on www.youtube.com the link where you can download the relevant audio file)
Miti, simboli, archetipi, astrologia, letteratura [Myths, symbols, archetypes, astrology, literature], Budapest University (ELTE BTK Romanisztikai Intézet), 10th of October 2006 (http://www.cirodiscepolo.it/download/Budapest_01.mpg; http://www.cirodiscepolo.it/download/Budapest_01.mpg; http://www.cirodiscepolo.it/download/Budapest_01.mpg; http://www.cirodiscepolo.it/download/Budapest_01.mpg;
Astrologia: sì o no?[Astrology: yes or no?], Italian Institute of Culture, Budapest (1088, Bródy S. u. 8.), 12th of October 2006 (see www.cirodiscepolo.it/)
A very short selection of the works in which Ciro Discepolo's works are quoted
Italian Institutes for the Philosophical Studies - managed by Gerardo Marotta - Palazzo Serra di Cassano - Naples, Annuario 1975-2000. In the premises of the Institute
(it quotes three conferences and a seminar held by Ciro Discepolo in different years)
L´uomo che sa leggere nei segreti delle stelle, [The man who can read in the secrets of stars] by Mimmo Carratelli, La Repubblica.it, 4th of February 2007 (http://static.repubblica.it/napoli/speciali/volti_archivio/precedenti/040207.html)
The only guest in the TV programme GAP (Generazioni alla prova), broadcast by RAITRE on the 16th of April 2004 on the subject: The young and the astrology. The program GAP is part of Format, a television space edited by Giovanni Minoli. You can download the video of the program (ca 80 MB) from www.youtube.com.
Guest, together with the president of CICAP Steno Ferluga, of the radio program La notte dei misteri, broadcast by RAI Radiouno on the 8th of August 2002 (it lasted all night long), hosted by Gabriella Vasile and Elio Cadelo.
You can download the audio files of the radio broadcast here: http://www.cirodiscepolo.it/Articoli/Notte01.mp3; http://www.cirodiscepolo.it/Articoli/Notte%2002.mp3; http://www.cirodiscepolo.it/Articoli/Notte%2003.mp3; http://www.cirodiscepolo.it/Articoli/Notte%2004.mp3)
Giorgio Galli - Stelle Rosse, Astrologia neo-illuminista a uso della sinistra [Red Stars - Neo-Enlightenement Astrology for the use of the Left wing], 374 pages, Alacràn Edizioni, Milan, 2006, ISBN: 88-89603-24-0
A letter of Piero Chiara to Ciro Discepolo (https://plus.google.com/108726532055915587593/about)
Camilla Cederna - Casa Nostra [Our Home] - Mondadori, Milan, 1983
Luciana Marinangeli - Risonanze Celesti [Celestial Resonances] - Marsilio, Venice 2007, 334 pages
André Barbault - Un siècle de statistiques astrologiques, Éditions Traditionnelles, Paris
Astrologia e Informatica [Astrologia e Informatica] - Magazine BIT, Gruppo Editoriale Jackson, Year IV, number 19
Third Eysenck Research Seminar in Astrology - edited by Professor Hans J. Eysenck, former holder of the chair of Psychology at London University, known for having created psychological tests named after him, Museo Villa Pignatelli di Napoli, 3-4-5 of June 1988. Edition sponsored by the Regional Authority of Campania.
Contributions to the correction of data relevant to the various time zones (https://plus.google.com/108726532055915587593/about)
If you search Solar Returns (the astrological subject to which he is mostly committed) on www.yahoo.it, his name appears in the first six documents in a list of about 37 millions (www.cirodiscepolo.it/images/Yahoo20Novembre2011.jpg).
A nice André Barbault's letter (https://plus.google.com/108726532055915587593/about)
A preface of André Barbault to a book of mine (https://plus.google.com/108726532055915587593/about)
Ciro Discepolo's birth chart: http://www.cirodiscepolo.it/images/TN_Ciro.jpg
To the date of February 2015 the pages of his Google+ account are been visited from over 14 millions people.
Some of Ciro Discepolo's photos: http://www.cirodiscepolo.it/Images_of_Ciro_Discepolo_and_Active_Astrology.htm