Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Unplugged forum

LL Cool J ? You mean metallica?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 24, 2007 6:52:35 AM PST
J. Collins says:
At the end of the no excuses track a brief bit of enter sandman (metallica) is played. however they say "we're going to cut to an LL Cool J video" can someone explain to me what is meant by this? was this just a goof?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2007 10:31:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 20, 2007 10:32:02 AM PDT
They weren't describing the tune that Mike was playing, Layne was just kidding around like mtv was going to a commercial break and would play an LL Cool J video.

I think he was making a jab at MTV because it's been taken over mainly by R/B and rap music, or they just like LL.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2007 10:33:03 AM PDT
J. Collins says:
awesome, thx for the reply

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2007 10:12:21 AM PST
W.C. Wheels says:
I thought Alice in Chains was jabbing Metallica cause of Metallica's "sell out" status at the time.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013 5:40:40 AM PDT
clf says:
Ok...so Im an AIC junkie and know WAY too much useless info! lol
Layne actually loved LL Cool J....he was a big fan. I always thought that comment was kind of odd until I learned that. I also wondered about him saying "whats my motivation?"....and that comment was mocking rehab so to speak.

Posted on Jul 17, 2013 7:41:45 PM PDT
I always thought this was because James Hetfield had insulted Layne during a concert for cancelling on being tour partners due to addiction issues and this was his revenge.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Unplugged forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jan 24, 2007
Latest post:  Jul 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Unplugged
Unplugged by Alice In Chains (Audio CD - 1996)
4.8 out of 5 stars (338)