Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LOL
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

• LOL
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$9.99

on August 21, 2013
I really enjoyed this movie. I don't know what people are expecting when they see this movie. Are they expecting an Oscar worthy movie because this is not one of those. It's a fun movie, great music, interesting plot and great cast.

I feel like half of these reviews are just people hating on this movie simply because they don't like Miley or they're a parent who's all worried their kids are going to watch this. Sure maybe kids under 14 shouldn't watch this but it's not that serious. Just stop already. This movie is good. End of.
on July 23, 2012
I wasn't expecting a lot from "LOL" the new Miley Cyrus movie. It was panned by the critics everywhere and it was a box office failure, but I still watched it and I'm glad I did. The story is refreshing, the music is great and it stays to reality; also the characters are very relatable to anyone's friend circle: the two best friends, the "bitchy" girl, the guy friends and the good-looking guy.
I also liked the fact of the use of technology, which is a thing that moves teens nowadays and that's the way everybody stays in touch and it was well used for the plot.
I also liked the fact that they also gave Demi Moore some minutes for her character because it's so typical that in teen movies you only see the parents when they are home and you never get to know about their story, it's always about the teens, but not in this one.

If you're looking for a good teen movie, try LOL, it's not really something new, but you'll have a good time. Give it a chance
on August 9, 2012
I have watched Hannah Montana and loved Miley Cyrus ever since i was a kid because of that and I typically love all of her movies like The Last Song and all that stuff. This movie is actually a really good relatable film for someone my age at 17. it's about love and friendship and the parent child relationship. honestly i would recommend this movie to all my friends.
on August 22, 2013
Not the worst movie in the world, but Miley is a train wreck waiting to happen. Got this because "That Girl" star (from the old tv show) is in it, and was curious about seeing her after all these years. Otherwise, don't waste your money. No moral values portrayed, mother and daughter are both basically sluts, as much as I hate that word.
on August 20, 2012
What the hell was this movie about? This thing felt like a collection of short stories that went absolutely no where. They were just spliced together with no rhyme or reason.

LOL chronicles one school year in the lives of Lola (Miley Cyrus; The Last Song, "Hannah Montana") and her gaggle of bubble gum Teen Beat friends. They attend some unnamed high school whose population is only made up of the most absolutely beautiful teenagers on the planet and their days are spent in cliche filled montages set to a random pop song. The girls are the best of friends with the minor exception with the school bad girl Post It (a tragically underused Ashley Green; The Twilight Saga, The Apparition); the boys all have long hair they constantly flip in a "I don't care cause I'm a rebel bad boy whose actually a misunderstood good guy with a heart of gold" way; everyone walks in slow motion. They have parties, or one party when Lola's Mom (a desperate for a role Demi Moore; Mr. Brooks, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle) goes out of town for a weekend. They attend the Battle of the Bands, or A Band since we only see Chad's band(random Pretty Boy whose career will go no where except possibly rehab and a random Chris Brown assault charge) perform (badly), chat via Facebook, Twitter, and text about everything, and a quick, before you know it it's over like the rest of the pivotal moments in their lives trip to Paris all while navigating through the trials and tribulations of being a teenager (at least if your teen life is taken from any CW series of the last 16 years).

Meanwhile, Lola's Mom has trials of her own juggling two men in her life; Lola's Dad (a tragically underused Thomas Jane; The Punisher, "Hung") and Hot Cop (a tragically underused Jay Hernandez; Hostel, crazy/beautiful). All while doing her best to be Best Friend Mom Laureli Gilmore style. That's the extent of her role.

No character development, no point, one dimensional characters, and just an all around waste of time. Normally I can find something that I liked in a box office flop (I Know Who Killed Me was a good horror movie despite the nay sayers) but I'm at a loss on this one. I'm thinking all the five star reviews are from family and friends of the filmmakers and rabid Miley fans who think she can do no wrong. The only good things about this flick was the occasional decent song and a nice half shot of Ashley Green's rear end in her underwear. Avoid or, at best, wait for a free showing on tv. Even a $1 spent at a Red Box is over paying.
on December 29, 2014
I rented this before her infamous 2013 VMA sponge finger twerking antics, curious about the now-grown-up Miley Cyrus after family teens gushed about Hannah Montana. I wasn't impressed by anybody's acting, and coulda skipped paying for this.
on November 16, 2015
This movie was better than I expected. It was genuine; depicted a realistic relationship between mother and teenage daughter. Dipped into cliché (e.g. boy wants to be a musician, dad doesn't want him to...) but trip to France had good humor. Recommend it!
on March 7, 2015
This movie was unwatchable. The writing was bizarre and cringe-worthy, and the pacing was terrible. And, it's LONG. I watched it as a bad movie, and still had to take breaks every 15-20 minutes to keep myself sane.
There are much more fun bad movies to watch. I'd imagine, if you had this on Blu-Ray (and I'm definitely not encouraging you to buy it), the 1.5x function might make it a little more tolerable. If you're watching this as a bad movie, I'd say, just watch it until it starts dragging for you, then skip to when they go to France, then stop whenever it gets intolerable for you.
on December 12, 2012
She is like every other Teen, in High school. Texting, she learns how to deal with life & her situations with boys, her girl bffs.
& other BS that she faces, all to reach Paris thru the French class trip she & her buds equally are looking forward to.
Demi Moore as Miley's mom, was perfect casting.

Film was just fun, but you feel for poor Miley & the need to be herself, have a self identity, despite her mom's own depression
& fear Mlieys character Lol will turn out like her.

If you love Miley no matter what, you should give this film a chance.
Forget cute, & silly Miley from the past, & watch this with open mind & eyes. Enjoy- Lov BB
on August 14, 2012
The French movie LOL from 2008 is a great movie. With Sophie Marceau and young french actors makes the movie believable and good. When I heard that there was going to be an American version of it, I though this could be good. But it is very bad. Not only is it the same lines, they make the actors look like the french ones and the situations are identical. Its horrible to watch. Do yourself a favor and watch the original french one with english subtitles. All the music from this movie is actually from the french one. Copy paste... The french is a 5/5 stars