Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

• LOL
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Amazon VideoChange
Price:$2.99

on August 21, 2013
I really enjoyed this movie. I don't know what people are expecting when they see this movie. Are they expecting an Oscar worthy movie because this is not one of those. It's a fun movie, great music, interesting plot and great cast.

I feel like half of these reviews are just people hating on this movie simply because they don't like Miley or they're a parent who's all worried their kids are going to watch this. Sure maybe kids under 14 shouldn't watch this but it's not that serious. Just stop already. This movie is good. End of.
on July 23, 2012
I wasn't expecting a lot from "LOL" the new Miley Cyrus movie. It was panned by the critics everywhere and it was a box office failure, but I still watched it and I'm glad I did. The story is refreshing, the music is great and it stays to reality; also the characters are very relatable to anyone's friend circle: the two best friends, the "bitchy" girl, the guy friends and the good-looking guy.
I also liked the fact of the use of technology, which is a thing that moves teens nowadays and that's the way everybody stays in touch and it was well used for the plot.
I also liked the fact that they also gave Demi Moore some minutes for her character because it's so typical that in teen movies you only see the parents when they are home and you never get to know about their story, it's always about the teens, but not in this one.

If you're looking for a good teen movie, try LOL, it's not really something new, but you'll have a good time. Give it a chance
0Comment46 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2012
I have watched Hannah Montana and loved Miley Cyrus ever since i was a kid because of that and I typically love all of her movies like The Last Song and all that stuff. This movie is actually a really good relatable film for someone my age at 17. it's about love and friendship and the parent child relationship. honestly i would recommend this movie to all my friends.
22 comments33 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2012
What the hell was this movie about? This thing felt like a collection of short stories that went absolutely no where. They were just spliced together with no rhyme or reason.

LOL chronicles one school year in the lives of Lola (Miley Cyrus; The Last Song, "Hannah Montana") and her gaggle of bubble gum Teen Beat friends. They attend some unnamed high school whose population is only made up of the most absolutely beautiful teenagers on the planet and their days are spent in cliche filled montages set to a random pop song. The girls are the best of friends with the minor exception with the school bad girl Post It (a tragically underused Ashley Green; The Twilight Saga, The Apparition); the boys all have long hair they constantly flip in a "I don't care cause I'm a rebel bad boy whose actually a misunderstood good guy with a heart of gold" way; everyone walks in slow motion. They have parties, or one party when Lola's Mom (a desperate for a role Demi Moore; Mr. Brooks, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle) goes out of town for a weekend. They attend the Battle of the Bands, or A Band since we only see Chad's band(random Pretty Boy whose career will go no where except possibly rehab and a random Chris Brown assault charge) perform (badly), chat via Facebook, Twitter, and text about everything, and a quick, before you know it it's over like the rest of the pivotal moments in their lives trip to Paris all while navigating through the trials and tribulations of being a teenager (at least if your teen life is taken from any CW series of the last 16 years).

Meanwhile, Lola's Mom has trials of her own juggling two men in her life; Lola's Dad (a tragically underused Thomas Jane; The Punisher, "Hung") and Hot Cop (a tragically underused Jay Hernandez; Hostel, crazy/beautiful). All while doing her best to be Best Friend Mom Laureli Gilmore style. That's the extent of her role.

No character development, no point, one dimensional characters, and just an all around waste of time. Normally I can find something that I liked in a box office flop (I Know Who Killed Me was a good horror movie despite the nay sayers) but I'm at a loss on this one. I'm thinking all the five star reviews are from family and friends of the filmmakers and rabid Miley fans who think she can do no wrong. The only good things about this flick was the occasional decent song and a nice half shot of Ashley Green's rear end in her underwear. Avoid or, at best, wait for a free showing on tv. Even a $1 spent at a Red Box is over paying.
0Comment19 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
I was looking for a fun movie to watch while my husband was gone. I thought this was a good choice because of the actors and because I knew husband would never watch it with me. But don't waste your time on this one. I cringe to think about teenagers watching this movie and thinking that the behavior is acceptable.
It's one of those movies where they try to make 'right look wrong and wrong look right'. Everything about it was wrong--mom was a mess, dad was a mess, daughter tried really hard to have morals-but then ended up a mess too. I was disgusted by the sexual references in this movie. There are better ways to teach kids about life. So disappointed in Miley Cyrus for taking this role.
22 comments55 of 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2013
There are lots and lots of people standing in between a movie being conceptualized, green-lit, written, shot, edited, marketed and distributed. Not one of those people said 'hey, we should maybe stop throwing good money after bad and desist with making this horrible atrocious affront to storytelling because we think Miley Cyrus will get the young ladies to the theatre'. And that's the real tragedy here- that none of those professionals did anything to end this awfulness.

I made it 7 minutes and 53 seconds into the film before I had to stop it. What utter trash.

Miley is Miley, the same as she is in everything, an energetic bundle of over-rehearsed, well-meaning Disney sassafrass that never quite rings true. She demonstrates no depth of character or feeling, and she crashes through her scene work with all the care and specificity of a drunk parrot. Demi Moore is collecting a paycheck, and you can see that she gives exactly zero f@#%s about what she's doing. All the boys look like they just stepped out of a group audition for Camp Rock, I could not tell one from the other.

That's pretty much all I can say, having only seen about 8 minutes of it. Don't waste your time.
44 comments64 of 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2013
Not the worst movie in the world, but Miley is a train wreck waiting to happen. Got this because "That Girl" star (from the old tv show) is in it, and was curious about seeing her after all these years. Otherwise, don't waste your money. No moral values portrayed, mother and daughter are both basically sluts, as much as I hate that word.
on August 14, 2012
The French movie LOL from 2008 is a great movie. With Sophie Marceau and young french actors makes the movie believable and good. When I heard that there was going to be an American version of it, I though this could be good. But it is very bad. Not only is it the same lines, they make the actors look like the french ones and the situations are identical. Its horrible to watch. Do yourself a favor and watch the original french one with english subtitles. All the music from this movie is actually from the french one. Copy paste... The french is a 5/5 stars
on March 7, 2014
This movie dealt with issues of teenagers and single motherhood. It could have been a good movie, but what I found disappointing was the glorification of sex and marijuana use. Did not like it.
on March 28, 2013
There was very little plot. Just a bunch of miley cyrus running around being all dramatic and WAY too many attempts at an interesting plot thats just left floundering. One girl is a sex freak. Boy's dad hates his music. Miley's mom smokes pot... wtf is about the only things that can be used to describe this. Watch with the sound off and at the very least you'll have an absurd number of attractive people running around on screen.
11 comment20 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse