CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
LOW INTRODUCTORY PRICE - Fossils for Children - Starter Collection - 16 GENUINE fossils collection - Fossils for Kids - Ammonites, Dinosaurs and more - Educational Set - NEW Packaging
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- NEW 16 specimen fossil collecting collection designed to stimulate the mind of any budding paleontologist. - our largest ever starter collection- 9 different species spanning over 350 million years of life on earth - educational set
- 65 million year old Genuine Dinosaur bone pieces - with Certificate of Authenticity, bag of Ammonites from Morocco, 100 million year old coral and Gastropods
- COMPLETE 50 million year old fossil shark tooth - with Certificate of Authenticity and a bag of partial Extinct Sand Shark teeth, Crinoid/Sea lily stem, Brachiopod and Bivalve
- NEW improved packaging with each fossil labelled and a full colour information sheet, 9 bags containing a total of 16 fossils - unique, fun educational gift from AMAZONS UKs LARGEST supplier of fossils and minerals - CHRISTMAS 2009 and EVERY WEEK SINCE
- NEW packaging, but no tourist shop fossils - interesting AND educational pieces direct from our classroom kits - more fossil collections and mineral collections on Amazon along with NEW wholesale dinosaur, shark teeth and gemstone party bag fillers.
Top Customer Reviews
Also, be aware that for the most part these are small specimens, which I kinda expected, but the photo makes them look a bit bigger than they are.
All of that having been said, I am still very happy with this set, it is a great beginner kit for my "dino-crazy daughter", and I intend to display it at her prehistoric-themed birthday party - along with some magnifying glasses for closer viewing. The Ammonite (halved & polished) is particularly beautiful. I think kids will be pretty thrilled to hold REAL dinosaur bones & fossils in their hands :)
One last note: I got this on sale for only $14.99, which is a GREAT deal for this product, IMO! In fact, I may go ahead & order another set for my daughter's science teacher. I would NOT, however, pay $40+ for this set, which was the original price. This review IS partially based on how much I paid for it.
Of course my kids loved the sharks teeth best and we got 3 different species. All the fossils have their own uniqueness to them so they are all interesting. The information that comes in the kit is a great beginning to learning what everything is. This is a nice addition to science studies. This isnt something you buy for a kid, hand it over, and expect them o be enthused as if its a new toy. These fossils are learning guides. If you dont understand what your looking at the kid may get bored quick.
We bought these fossils for our science class in home school and they helped bring to reality what we can only imagine from our books.
I'm very happy to have purchased this kit for that hands on experience.
I bought mine on Amazon for reduced cost, 9.99. I wouldnt of much paid more. I think the price was a good deal.
Oh, each specimen averaged around an inch in size, to about the size of a quarter.
The fascination that this set offers has not abated, and Brody's friends and family from 4 to 14 continue to enjoy bringing these ancient fossils and added plastic fossils to locate and assemble on our garage floor when its a rainy or hot day, or on the driveway when its pleasant outside.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My students loved these and continue to enjoy looking at them throughout the school year!Published 18 months ago by W. Esparza
Lots of shark teeth, not very impressed. My niece still liked it because she thinks all that stuff is awesome but was expecting a little more out of this.Published on June 27, 2013 by Nikoli Volkoff
My girl loved the real fossils in this set. They came as described and were high quality items. She was very happy with them.Published on June 12, 2013 by Amazon Customer
Bought this as a birthday gift for a 9-year old dinosaur enthusiast. The fossils are, as expected, pretty small, but well worth the $15 price. He loves it, by the way!Published on May 31, 2013 by William P.
I was surprised when I received the shipment at how small the box was even though others had commented that it was small. Regardless, the fossils are authentic and really cool. Read morePublished on April 25, 2013 by Katherine Burgess
Instant additions to the "collection" box! He has to show everyone his prehistoric realics that Santa brought him. I thought they were as I expected them to be... Read morePublished on April 17, 2013 by CrazyZen
There's a goodly bit of uncertainty in exactly what fossils you'll have in the box (in the Gumpian "Life's a box of chocolates" sense), but what I received was a nice... Read morePublished on February 14, 2013 by Clueless but Still Cooking
I gave this to my 8-year-old niece and she loved it. She was floored after the realization that these are in fact genuine dinosaur fossils sank in. Read morePublished on February 14, 2013 by Amazon Customer
he was given this and a excavation kit- really a great combo and I would post the link the kit, but I have no idea where his aunt got it from.Published on January 14, 2013 by stefmac9