Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on January 26, 2012
I recently got a sample of WEN® Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner 16ozin a subscription program I am in, I fell in love hard, however the price deterred me. I didn't want to be hooked on the silky soft feeling that Wen created in my hair if it was going to cost an arm and a leg. I thought there must be something out there that is awesome and there is, it's this stuff. It works just as well as Wen does and it's WAAAAAAAAAAAY cheaper. I got this at Target for $5.99. I hope that people try this and love it and it doesn't end up being discontinued. A lot of people won't understand how to use this product so I am afraid they will give up and sales will suffer. Remember that you need to use a fair amount of this stuff for it to work well and actually CLEAN your hair, not just condition it. Those who say it works well at first and their hair ends up greasy, they are not using enough product, and they are not rubbing it in and massaging it to a low low lather. It's like washing a dirty window with just ONE spray of Windex and one paper towel, you're just spreading the dirt around and going no where fast. Try it, look up conditioning cleansers, like wen, learn about sulfate free shampoos, and improve the condition of your hair because like L'Oreal say's : You're worth it!

Also, the smell is AMAZING. I'm hooked to the scent, it's very vanilla-ish.

UPDATE 6/8/12

I have a lot more positive review for this product since I've been using it exclusively the past 6 months. I can tell you that I seriously do love it and I've recommended it to every single one of my friends. I have gotten them all hooked on the ever pure line! My best friend and I exclusively use the cleansing conditioner and the matching shampoo and conditioner too. I even tell people in the grocery stores if they are looking at that they need to try it because it works amazing and smells divine. I don't know if I sound like a crazy person but I have no shame :-P

My hair has started growing longer faster, the condition of it has improved so well that I stopped using any leave in conditioners or any product in my hair for frizz or fly aways. I was using some seriously expensive stuff just to get by before. This stuff makes my hair silky and smooth and I've ALWAYS been fighting with dry frizzy hair. I used to switch between shampoos constantly trying to find something that worked, I'd try something and it would work at first and then my hair would rebel and I'd be back to the same dry and frizzy unmanageable mop. Not with this tho, I've stuck with it and I'm seriously not lying when I say I'm in love. I LOVE the smell of my hair and so does everyone who hugs me :p I catch myself playing with my hair more and smelling it, again I might look like a crazy person but I don't care.

I'm confident when I say that I'll continue to use this product as long as it's available, I don't know what I would do if they discontinued it. I don't mind raving on and on like a spokesperson about this product line because I'd stand by my word, comfortably knowing that it's a good product. I'm tired of the shenanigans I see all the time with super models or celbs saying a product is the bees knees and come to find out it wax and snake oil, real women using a product and raving about it is best testimony out there. I'd put my name behind it and I don't take that lightly. I always check out a products amazon reviews before I buy something in stores or online because of that, I want real advice and experience.

Six months and I'm still using the same stuff, my husband would testify that that's enough to buy stock. I thank L'Oreal for my good hair and he thanks L'Oreal for a heavier wallet :-P
3636 comments|350 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2012
I have long (past mid-back), thick, wavy, color treated hair. I have yet to find a traditional shampoo/conditioner combination that does not leave my hair extremely frizzy when not blow dried. I've wanted to try WEN® Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner 16oz for a long time, but being a mother of 3 (including a newborn), nearly $40 for shampoo is just outrageous. I'd found cheaper alternatives, like Hair One Hair Cleanser and Conditioner with Jojoba 355ml/12oz - For Color-Treated Hair but even $15 seemed like too much to risk for the negative reviews it received. If I *knew* I would like those products, the investment might not seem so bad. But it just wasn't worth the risk to me.

Enter L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner. At $6.99 (with Prime 2-day free shipping - yay!) I figured I couldn't lose. I usually pay between $3-5 each for shampoo and conditioner, so this was right in my price range. And let me tell you, worth every penny.

First off, I couldn't wait to open it because so many reviewers had stated how amazing it smells. TRUE STORY! It smells like heaven wrapped in newborn innocence rolling down a hill of sugar. Seriously though, it's kind of vanilla, kind of coconut-y, very grown up and sophisticated. It has hints of tanning oil in my mind. LOVE the smell.

You really do have to make sure your hair is thoroughly wet. I also squeeze the excess from the ends. With my hair length, I had to use about 15 pumps to really coat my hair. Leave it on for 2 mins, rinse, voila all done! Very thick, creamy formula that, as I said, smells freaking wonderful.

I saw at least one person complain that her hair took longer to blow dry. I agree, but that's probably because you're no longer stripping your hair of natural oils. It takes longer because it's healthier. It's the first cleansing product I've ever used where I don't even have to blow dry my hair afterward, it dries beautifully and makes my natural waves gorgeous.

Just give it a chance. You won't be disappointed. I'll be stocking up on this soon as it's not available in my area and who knows if/when they will suddenly discontinue it anyway!

** Edit 2/27/12 - I figured out what it smells like - Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Heavenly Perfume 15 mL ! So awesome. I've been using this for a few days now and as noted before it does take longer to dry my hair now, but it also dries smoother and is much easier to style. It even holds curl better - I could never get my hair to do that before. It feels different at first, but you have to remember your scalp has to get used to the fact that you aren't abusing it with sulfates and drying chemicals anymore. Once the scalp calms down, it will stop producing as much oil. If you brush your hair often and only wash your hair every other day, it will help. :) Also, this is finally available in my area, and the Prime eligible price on Amazon is only $1 more than the Walmart I shop at. Great price, I hope they don't jack it up anytime soon.
66 comments|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2012
This product is just like Chaz Dean's Wen Cleansing Conditioner. REMEMBER: this is NOT shampoo. It is used in place of shampoo and conditioner and if you don't use enough of the product your hair will not be clean. I have shoulder length/thick hair and I have to use a half cup of either product to have my hair come out clean. shiny and very soft. I know that sounds like too much, but that's what it takes. Someone else decribed using too little as trying to clean a window with only one squirt of Windex and one papertowel. That's a really good analogy. Also, it is really important to soak your hair really well with water before putting the cleansing conditioner on. If your hair isn't wet enough the cleansing conditioner doesn't seem to soak in and get down to the scalp. Wen cost $29.00 plus $6.22 shipping for a 16oz bottle. This is about half that and it's as good, or better. I don't feel as guilty buying it, so I enjoy it more. Give it a try. Soak your hair in it then take a long bath. Start with twice as much as you think you need. Unlike shampoo, the longer it stays on the better your hair will look and feel.
22 comments|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2012
This is a wonderful less pricey alternative to other more expensive cleasining conditioners out there like WEN or Deva Care,which are very great, albeit very expensive no lathering conditioning shampoos. This product contains NO drying detergents or heavy silcones...great for all people with "textured" hair or anyone concerned with preserving your precious color or highlights that we Beauty Gals spend so much money on....The idea is that No SLS (harsh detergents) won't strip your hair and rough up your cuticle and strip your color. Basically, if you are a girl like me with longer hair that is thick and you color it...it is a God Send that will literally change your life. I have been using these types of products to wash my hair for almost two years now, (My sister in law is a hairdresser in GA and swears by them) and I will NEVER go back to regular shampoo. The exception is every month or so I use a clarifying shampoo to help remove styling gunk, etc, but a diligent hair person like me would do that anyway. This product is sooooo much cheaper than Wen or Deva Care.....with quality ingredients all from a DRUGSTORE! ( I am DEF a hair product SNOB and laugh at people that bought drugstore shampoos...but hey, for this ONE product, I wlll make an exception!) It smells yummy.. to me anyway..I have read mixed reviews on the smell from lots of reviews...it is kinda like a vanilla/Caramel/Brown sugar smell. A bit more perfumey than I am used to, but it still smells nice. My hubby commented that it smelled yummy, and he is picky on smells. OK so enough rambling.......here's how to use it
1. Remember, this is a product that does NOT lather. Think of it as using as using a moisturising cream cleanser for your hair (much as you might use for your face) vs using a harsh, drying soap (i.e. traditional latering shampoo)..it's the same concept, and once you start with this type of product, you will be so pleased with the results.
2. Make sure your hair is throughly wet. The only bad thing about this product is the pump...it dispenses WAY too little product per pump. Based on the thickness and length of your hair, you may need as little as 5 pumps, or, if you have long, thick wavy hair like mine that goes down to your mid back, you may need 12-20. I use about 12- 15...
3. Start by working the product into and all the way around your scalp, moving the product down to the ends. Its a bit thicker than shampoo, of course, and it will take some getting used to, but keep working at it
4. take as many pumps as you like to coat the ends of your hair. You will find as you get used to using this that when you do the final rinse, the product will run down into the ends of your hair cleaning and softening it, so this part you may not even want to do.
5. take a few minutes and get on with your shower, shave, etc....
6 after at least 3 minutes, add water to the scalp and hair, and continue to work it in a bit, (you will find this part easier than when you first applied it) then start to rinse.
7. Rinse throughly....rinse!!
8. Finish with a light conditioner if you wish. Fine haired, normal or un damaged textured people might skip this part all together....I personally use a light conditioner always.
9. Dry your hair and style
10. Enjoy your soft, manageable, gorgeous new hair!
on August 12, 2012
I bought this about a week ago and couldn't believe how amazing my hair looked after the first wash. I figured it was a fluke and it would look worse as it built up in my hair over the course of the week. I was wrong. This stuff gives my very fine, thin hair bounce and body like I have never had before with any shampoo and it feels like silk. For what it is worth...it does make a difference how many pumps you use. I used 13 squirts (they are small squirts) the first several times and tried to drop to 8 once and noticed a huge difference as my hair seemed drier and not as bouncy. I went back to 13 and my hair was perfect. I would think those with thicker or longer hair would need 20-30 squirts to get the same effect as my short, fine hair. With my old shampoo's, the brush would snag and pull and catch as I was sytling...now the round brush I use with the blowdryer just glides thru my silky hair and adds bounce as it was always suppose to do. I have the reverse angle cut and in the Florida humid summer, it looks flat and lifeless and has a mind of its own on the fine front corners by my jaw. With this shampoo, it stays perfect all day. I tried doing my hair with one of my old shampoos yesterday and cannot believe how crappy my hair looked. When I get home, I am throwing everything else out but the Loreal Cleansing Conditioner. I always wanted to try the Wen line but I am waaay to cheap to get hooked on a $30.00 a month shampoo....so glad I waited for the Loreal to come out instead.
on July 7, 2013
I began in December of 2012 searching for help for my hair. I was desperate; due to occasional perms and coloring my hair, I had begun to have extensive breakage which resulted in my hair becoming thinner. It was also dry. I tried Wen Sweet Almond cleansing shampoo, and was thankful after each shampoo that I had done so. My hair began to improve after the very first use. There was less breakage and more shine to my hair, but the very best result was that my broken strands began to grow back in. In just two weeks, there was a drastic improvement in my hair. As I neared an empty bottle, did more research, read more reviews, I was searching for something less expensive than Wen, but I wanted it to be just as effective. I tried Hair One Cleansing Shampoo based on reviews, and the properties of the product. It was o.k., but did not do for my hair what Wen had accomplished. My hair was drier with Hair One than with Wen. After using Wen, I could not go back to my hair being the way it originally was, even if it meant a budget change for me. Because I use L'Oreal products exclusively on my skin, and I subscribe to the automatic shipment on those products, I was at Amazon adding two more of those products to my subscription. AND IT WAS THEN THAT I SAW L'OREAL EVERCREME CLEANSING CONDITIONER. The reviews were so great for this product that I thought, "Well, I will try this for my hair..It could work for me, since I know from years of experience that L'Oreal facial products are the best for me." THESE ARE MY FINDINGS: From $34-39 for Wen Cleanser Shampoo, to $14.95? for Hair One Cleansing Shampoo to $5.97(and less with my subscription orders), for L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner (8.3 ounces), and I can positively and honestly say that I like L'Oreal even more than I like Wen! That is not said lightly, because there were certain criteria that had to be met after my wonderfully positive experience with Wen Cleanser Shampoo; after blow drying my hair after shampooing with the L'Oreal, and before doing ANYTHING ELSE in my routine, my hair had a glow, and something in all of my life I had never seen with my hair, it was full looking and it was bouncy! I have a bit more than average amount of hair but it is so fine. So the fullness and bounce was totally new for me and unexpected. Also, there is one other thing that I can't explain, but I will describe it: On the right side, there was an area(about 2"x2") near the top of my hair that was very dry and brittle looking even after all the good things that have happened to my hair sine January, 2013. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT HAS HAPPENED BUT THAT HAIR LOOKS LIKE THE REST OF MY HAIR! I took the time tonight after shampooing my hair for church tomorrow to write this review. These results have occurred after three(3) shampoos! I have been helped so many times by the reviews that I have read for the items that I buy through Amazon, that I was compelled to share my experience in the hope that someone will be helped.
on April 22, 2012
Wow! I have to say that this is the single best new product that I have tried in years! I always had what is termed "nice" hair (shiny, thick enough, healthy looking) until I hit about the mid-forty range. My hair started to look old. It became very dry and dull and I could not find "the fix" for it. I truly was just coming to terms with the fact that my hair was bowing to the will of crazy hormones and that I had better just get used to it! One day I saw a commercial for L'Oreal's new Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner and I thought I'd give it a try. I really didn't expect a great deal of difference, but knew it probably couldn't look a lot worse than it already did. The first time I used the cleansing conditioner, I washed my hair twice through - the first wash I used about 12 pumps of the product (after getting my hair soaking wet) and distributed as evenly as possible on my scalp and through to the ends - using an extra splash of water helps with the distribution. I knew in advance not to expect a great deal of foam like a regular shampoo, so that wasn't a surprise. The second wash, I used slightly less (about 10 pumps) and plenty of water and this time, I had more foaming action. I left the product on my hair for about two minutes and then I combed it through with a wide-tooth comb and rinsed really well. I could NOT believe how much better my hair looked when it dried! My hair had almost all of the luster and shine that it used to when I was young. I am serious! This is a wonderful product and I am more than thrilled with it. I am on my second bottle and it works every bit as well now as it did the first time. Try it and I think you will be surprised at how well it works!
55 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2012
Another update: I must confess I fall victim to new products and the marketing that tells us we need to change what we are doing and try this new product! So in the last two months I have tried 2 other shampoos and have come back to this Loreal cleansing conditioner. Nothing leaves my hair looking or feeling better. It is nice to have that confirmed when I try other products.

UPDATE: I have been using Evercreme cleansing conditioner for about two months now. I discovered after several weeks I was not using it properly (thus my hair being somewhat flat and a bit oily). I came back and read some reviews and noticed some said that it is important to use the right amount (a lot!) and make sure you get a good lather. So I doubled the amount I was using and really scrubbed so the lather got all the way down to my roots. I made sure to rinse very well and after I made those changes, my hair is no longer flat and oily but perfect.

I'd say the only downside is that the product is more time consuming than my former habit of a two in one crappy shampoo. But my hair before was crappy and now it is fantastic. Definitely worth the time investment.

Technical note: the pumps are inconsistent. The first bottle was great; the second bottle had a bum pump. I bought a third with another good pump. When bottle three is finished I will swap the pump with bottle 2 to finish that one.

Loreal - is a pump really necessary?

************

Purchased this at my local CVS after discovering on Amazon that it was available. This is my first no-poo/low-poo I have tried but I came into it knowing that it is a different experience than the traditional sudsy shampoo. I also have long believe that the sudsy shampoos are no so good for the hair or scalp so I had no ambivalence about it being a different experience and, consequently, result.

I had tried organic and sulfate-free shampoos in the past but found them either bad, inconsistent after re-order or hard to find again once I ran out. I was once again researching Wen and almost ordered when I googled "Wen alternatives" and found this L'oreal. Since I never tried Wen I cannot compare the two. But reading about Wen the directions are to use it twice, and let it set on the hair for 6 minutes. That is a long time for me to keep shampoo on my head when I am rushing in the shower after the gym to get to work. And the price of Wen...oy!

I have been using the L'Oreal Evercreme cleansing conditioner for about 5 days so not long but I think it's a keeper. I have fine, thin hair and was worried that it would be flat and lifeless from this. Well, my hair is not as voluminous as before but there are enough other benefits that overrule that for me.

My hair has gone from very dry and damaged (both in looks and feel) to absolutely soft, silky and shiny. My hair now looks and feels HEALTHY! My hair looks so much better with this Evercreme cleansing conditioner that I am not missing the volume I had before (there is still volume, just not as much). I have been running my hands thru my hair so much these past few days - I have never done that before! And my scalp feels healthy and happy now too.

Before I used to shed a lot of hair. My bathroom counter would be covered with it after styling (I use a hair dryer and hot iron every day). I was hoping my scalp would improve and the hair loss would diminish. It is too soon to call the result on this but my scalp does feel much happier and my hair shedding has been going down a bit every day since I started this.

Bottom line, if these results keep up, I have been converted for life!!! Good job, L'oreal.
on August 27, 2012
I tried three different sulfate-free "cleansing conditions" and found this L'Oreal one to be the best for my hair type, which is baby-fine, worn shoulder length and slightly layered. The other two that I tried were Wen, both the cucumber and lavender versions, and the Lisa Rachel Conditioner & Cleanser for Damaged Hair.

Here is my assessment of each one: Wen was great as a conditioner, but my hair was droopy and greasy-looking by mid-morning. After shampooing with a different shampoo, Wen worked really well as a conditioner only on the day after I had my hair highlighted. Otherwise it weighed down my hair too much. The second cleansing conditioner I tried was the Lisa Rachel one listed above, and it cleaned my hair very well, yet oddly enough did nothing to condition it. I really wanted both.

So the third one I tried was L'Oreal's sulfate-free cleansing conditioner and I was hooked from the very first try. It both cleaned and conditioned my baby-fine hair and it looks great all day, no limp tresses here! I use it 6 days a week and then once a week I wash my hair with Neutrogena's Anti-Residue Formula Shampoo, since I use hair products most days, then condition it briefly with the L'Oreal cleansing conditioner. My hair is so shiny and my hairdresser constantly comments on how beautifully healthy my hair is. I highly recommend this product.
on August 7, 2012
I have thin, wavy-curly hair, and I have to be very careful about what products I use. I need a balance between clean & fresh and anti-frizz, without weighing down my curls.

If you're not used to being shampoo-free, do a little research first. Many of the poor reviews I saw for this product were due to people's misconceptions about what it is or how to use it.

This is a cleansing conditioner. It does a great job of cleansing the hair and scalp without the harsh detergents found in shampoos, while also leaving hair soft and manageable. It is NOT a shampoo! It has the slightest but of lather, but not much. It's not supposed to. Lather is not indicitave of cleansing power. Don't worry, you'll get through the lather addiction with time. Stick with it. It's worth it! Again, this is not a shampoo, so if you use heavy product, especially products with silicone, it won't be able to dissolve the silicone. Go silicone-free, and this will work like a dream. Or, if you aren't ready to go completely shampoo- or silicone-free, use this in-between shampoos as a conditioner. It took me a while to get used to being shampoo-free. Stick with it! Remember that your scalp will initially rebel- it will likely become more oily for a couple of weeks until it adjusts to not having to over-produce natural oils that were getting stripped by your shampoo.

My hair is just as clean as when I used shampoo (I used to shampoo daily! So bad for my hair), but it is soft and less frizzy. I don't even need a separate conditioner. For cleansing and conditioning, I like it even better than the much more expensive DevaCurl No-Poo.

While I love the effects of this product, I really hate the smell. It smells like a super-fake vanilla. Not clean at all, and way too artificial. It's also a very strong scent. Nauseating, in fact. I bought almond essential oil to add to it to cover the smell. It helps a little, but I wish it had a fresh, clean scent.

Also, the packaging is terrible. This ultra-rich formula comes with a pump (to be reminiscent of WEN, I am sure). It's very inefficient. The product is just too thick to come out of the pump correctly (and I've been through several bottles of this). It would work so much better in a tube.