Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on May 17, 2013
So I'm not sure how many of you have had the same problem as I did. I searched high and low for a reasonably priced GOLD eyeshadow (no not burnt gold, bronze, or copper...GOLD!). All I could find were dull, burnt, orange-ish, yellow-ish colors. However, I wanted a bright beautiful Egyptian goddess gold! Well this was it, a friend had told me about it and I could never find it in stores. I was so frustrated I finally decided to pay a bit extra and buy it online.

Now I must say, I have never been more satisfied with a product color in my whole life. I received this promptly in the mail and I wasn't as excited for it at first but as soon as I twisted that cap open and took off the color press...WOW, my mind was blown. I gave it a swatch and I really couldn't believe what a beautiful gold it was!

Texture: Let me describe it the best way I can, it's somewhere in between loose pigment and cream? The product is packed in tightly by a "press" so that it doesn't move around everywhere (smart idea). I think if it wasn't for the powder or pigment press, the eyeshadow would lean more towards "loose pigment." Also, when I dip my make up brush into it, it doesn't quite come loose like loose pigment or loose eyeshadow does. This is why I think it somewhat resembles cream eyeshadow. This isn't a bad thing though because once applied...it blends so well! I don't get much fallout (especially when I pat it on with my brush) and patting it on makes it look much more vibrant too.

This eyeshadow has been added to my all time favorites which include lots of luxury and high-end brands as well -so that really goes to show how much I love this eyeshadow!

Gold Imperial is truly a special color!
on November 12, 2013
First affordable cream eyeshadows I have owned that really do stay on all day with no creasing, fading or looking dry and cakey. Always get compliments when I wear them too. Perfect shimmer, without looking glittery or young. Go on smooth and packaging really has kept them from drying out. I have a pot in amber rush color that is over a year old and still same consistency and wear. Super convient I just apply with my fingers.
on June 27, 2013
You must be patient with this makeup though because you will have to use your fingertips to blend it in. I tried using different brushes and it only makes a mess and won't work. Use your fingertips and you can add as little or as much as you like to your eyelids. Very cute gold color though. I have blue eyes so gold colors work for me.
on December 15, 2013
I bought this and OMG! I get SO MANY compliments.
You can use just a LITTLE bit for a glow look (I call it the J-LO look) or a lot of it for a more dramatic look.
Either way it's BY FAR the best gold I have ever seen. I have bought 3 more in case they ever discontinue it.
on November 5, 2013
I was on a crazy makeup spree when I came across this, and it was the absolute best makeup purchase I have made on Amazon. For the price, I wasn't really expecting much but when it arrived, the product was like pure butter. Just touching the cap leaves your finger covered in this beautiful coat of gold. It's very similar to the urban decay collection from Sephora, if not better. I love gold eyeshadows, but I'm only going to buy this one again.
on March 11, 2013
the product is just like the picture. stays on well and comes off easy. its a gorgous color. i absolutely love it.
on August 12, 2014
I love it! To picture what the eyeshadow looks on, imagine Cinna from the Hunger Games eyeliner or a high fashion gold foil eye makeup. It's fantastic! If you have Black/brown skin, you don't have to worry about it not showing up because it won't dissapoint. You can use it as regular eyeshadow or wet the tip of an eye shadow brush and coat it with this product to make eye liner that pops.
on February 13, 2014
This is a beautif gold color with lots of sheen and some glitter...I realized after applying it to my middle aged eyes, however, it is not the best look for me. So I offered it to my college aged daughter, and she was just THRILLED!
on February 20, 2013
I think its amazing. So hard to find a good gold glitter metallic eyeshadow This was exactly what i wanted and it stays on long!
on June 30, 2015
I still can't tell if I like it or not. I've had it for 6 mos but I barely use it. it seems like quality powder but it doesn't behave as I expected and it is SUPER shiny. If I were a teen with a flashy outfit wanting to go clubbing, to a party or on a date with a really hot guy I might enjoy using it a lot. it is like applying gold leaf to your eyelid, so it isn't exactly fitting for a mid thirties mom to wear to church or the PTA or grocery store, etc.

See 1 answered question