5.0 out of 5 stars great toner
My Clairol toner was discontinued so I tried this out as the second part of my 2 step processing. After 60 minutes of bleaching my hair was still yellow as usual, but after a 10 minute application of brass banisher the yellow had turned into a nice, slightly beige, pale blond. highly recommended.
Published on December 22, 2010 by Julie

3.0 out of 5 stars Better but not Great
Situation: Med-Dark brown roots on highlighted hair...roots grew out about 2 inches last highlight 3 months ago. Too cheap to go back and have it redone right now. Bought John Frieda Lightening Spray, used it 3 times, lightened to what looked like a nice golden color...was outside a few days in a row in the sun w/o a hat on...instead of going blonder it got...
Published on July 8, 2011 by SmartMomma

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 515 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars loreal brass banisher, April 27, 2012
This review is from: L'Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Brass Banisher (Misc.)
Worked great at removing yellow and brassy tones. I left on 20 minutes and hair was too red when i first rinsed and started to dry! SCARY. But once i dried and used flat iron hair was nice even blonde. I would use again!!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOPE, September 11, 2012
This review is from: L'Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Brass Banisher (Misc.)
This product did not work for me. I wasted my time, I wasted my money and I ended up damaging my hair for nothing. I would not recommend this to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time and money...and damaged my hair!, April 15, 2012
This review is from: L'Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Brass Banisher (Misc.)
So I tried to be cheap and dye my hair from medium brown to dark blonde and of course it turned orangy. I went to a salon to have it fixed and after 2 attempts at fixing it I left with darker orangy hair. After reading all of the reviews I could find I decided to try this product to minimize the brassiness in my hair, even after reading all of the mixed reviews. The product directions say to leave this on for 10 minutes, but many of the reviews recommended up to 45 minutes so I went the semi-cautious route and applied it for 20 minutes (once applied I set the timer for 10 minutes and ended up adding an additional 5 minutes so estimating 20 minutes total). The product is thick (like glue) so I initially tried to apply it using the bottle but quickly removed the bottle top and poured it into my gloved hands and applied it that way, which I found quicker and more thorough. I didn't note any odor while applying this product. I initially thought it resolved the brassiness but my daughter quickly informed me it looked the same but slightly darker. The same evening as I applied it my friends told me my hair had a green tint to it (I had read some reviews that mentioned a green outcome) so of course I was upset. I waited 2 days to wash my hair after applying and in my opinion it is more red/orange after using this product than it was to begin with. The product says it doesn't damage your hair, but it does! I realize I've had multiple color applications in a 2 week period of time, but to the point I used this product it was relatively healthy but after using this it feels very dry. I'm disappointed that I ordered 2 boxes to keep one as a spare for the next oopsy haircolor fiasco, but it will be going in the trash. I very much regret using this product and as it was Loreal haircolor that started this mess and this product only made it worse I won't be buying Loreal haircolor products in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars really worked, May 14, 2014
This review is from: L'Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Brass Banisher (Misc.)
this is a great product if you dont feel like waiting another 20 min at the salon to have them apply the toner.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hair is still BRASSY., March 8, 2012
This review is from: L'Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Brass Banisher (Misc.)
Not sure why this is called Brass Banisher since it really only banished another $10 of mine. I usually give products the benefit of the doubt and even if it helps a little I'll say it worked. I have dark blonde hair that I've highlighed very blonde over the years. Every once in a while I get this grand idea to save $100 and color my own hair. Well when I did it my darker roots turned a beautiful glowing shade of orange... thus turning my hope to Brass Banisher. I read a couple really great reviews and couldn't wait to try it. Much to my dismay my roots are still brassy and it turned my bright blonde highlights duller. So basically my hair is a hot mess now.

This doesn't work!!! (and PS. I followed the directions very carefully and left the treament in for 7-8 mins.)

L'Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Brass Banisher Hair Treatment

4.0 out of 5 stars I am glad I found this!, October 31, 2010
This review is from: L'Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Brass Banisher (Misc.)
Initially I was disappointed with this product - after my hair dried post treatment, it was still brassy and I saw little change. But after a day, the brassiness was much reduced and now there is only a slight reddish tinge. I have been battling brassiness through expensive shampoos, washing my hair in cold water, and have been considering buying a shower filter treatment. However, I am glad I found this product. It is certainly worth the money and does a good job toning down the brass.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for Brunettes,too., January 13, 2014
This review is from: L'Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Brass Banisher (Misc.)
I use this product occasionally when my roots look too brassy after dying. It seems to even out my
entire hair color, and takes some of the brassy red color away. Not perfectly, but is better than nothing.
The conditioner smells great- like apple blossoms. I wish all hair dyes came with this conditioner!

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work well for me, December 24, 2013
This review is from: L'Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Brass Banisher (Misc.)
I am naturally a medium brunette and have had my hair bleach blonde for the past couple years. Now tired of the high maintenance blonde I wanted to grow it out naturally so I went to a salon to have more of my natural colour added so it would blend nicely as it grew out. I was not impressed with the results - the highlights/lowlights were so thin I still looked like I had 3" roots only to me my hair looked like it had greys in it now from the odd blonde strands here and there. So, I took matters into my own hands. I added highlights which turned out beautifully bright and added lowlights (mistakenly used an ash base and they turned out golden-orange). Hence this product. I was hesitant at first but the orange was driving me bonkers so I thought oh well and took the plunge, regretfully. The orange-yellow is much more subdued but at the expense of losing my lovely bright blonde highlights and my hair feels dry! It was lovely and silky and shiny before. So now I am just an overall ashy blonde. Not happy with the results. It probably would be a good product if your hair is very yellow-orange as anything would look better than that, but I am sad it's such a dull colour now. And surprisingly for a "gloss" treatment it's less shiny than it was previously. We live and learn I suppose, and I have learned not to use this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm!, July 8, 2013
This review is from: L'Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Brass Banisher (Misc.)
Decided to highlight my hair on the spur of the moment. Of course I didn't let it lift enough so had those brassy orange-y roots and yellow highlights. This worked as promised. Super easy to use, smells good and the conditioner that comes with it IS worth the cost of this product alone as other reviewers have said. Totally saved my hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars LulaBelle, September 20, 2012
This review is from: L'Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Brass Banisher (Misc.)
This is THE best out of salon brass banisher EVER. My hair is dark brown with many platinum highlights that naturally go red with my normal pigmentation. I use this product about once every 2 weeks to remove the brassy changes. It does darken my highlights a bit for the first few days- but that is a small downside for such long lasting positive effects!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 515 | Next ›