5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the Instructions - It needs more than 10 minutes!
Long review, but worth reading - promise.

So I hadn't lightened my blonde hair in about 6 months (I'm quite fair to begin with so roots aren't really a concern) and after a very outdoorsy summer, I was seeing a LOT of brass. I'm away for school and have yet to find a salon as good as the one I visit at home. Out of sheer desperation/boredom I discovered this...
Published 15 months ago by LegallyBlonde

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work
I dyed my hair red almost a year ago, I have been trying to dye it blonde for over six months. I have done the strand tests, dyed it multiple time while only going one shade difference in my hair nothing it turned brassy. I bought this product and tried it last night, my hair looks exactly the same. No difference the only thing this product did do was deep condition it...
Published on December 29, 2011 by shana

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 515 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, April 4, 2013
Kris (Tampa, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: L'Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Brass Banisher (Health and Beauty)
My natural hair color is very dark brown. I decided to go blond again (a decision I make every couple years LOL). In the past it's always been a long, arduous process which usually leaves me with orange hair for awhile. This time I used Manic Panic to strip it followed by this product. In about two hours I had platinum blond hair, not a hint of orange or red.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does work, can be damaging, August 16, 2014
It does the job it says it does, but this is the only hair product I've ever used that damaged my hair. I even used it a couple times and each time I had to cut at least an inch off my hair...recommend staying away from the ends of your hair with it

4.0 out of 5 stars loreal brass banisher, April 27, 2012
Worked great at removing yellow and brassy tones. I left on 20 minutes and hair was too red when i first rinsed and started to dry! SCARY. But once i dried and used flat iron hair was nice even blonde. I would use again!!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOPE, September 11, 2012
This product did not work for me. I wasted my time, I wasted my money and I ended up damaging my hair for nothing. I would not recommend this to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time and money...and damaged my hair!, April 15, 2012
So I tried to be cheap and dye my hair from medium brown to dark blonde and of course it turned orangy. I went to a salon to have it fixed and after 2 attempts at fixing it I left with darker orangy hair. After reading all of the reviews I could find I decided to try this product to minimize the brassiness in my hair, even after reading all of the mixed reviews. The product directions say to leave this on for 10 minutes, but many of the reviews recommended up to 45 minutes so I went the semi-cautious route and applied it for 20 minutes (once applied I set the timer for 10 minutes and ended up adding an additional 5 minutes so estimating 20 minutes total). The product is thick (like glue) so I initially tried to apply it using the bottle but quickly removed the bottle top and poured it into my gloved hands and applied it that way, which I found quicker and more thorough. I didn't note any odor while applying this product. I initially thought it resolved the brassiness but my daughter quickly informed me it looked the same but slightly darker. The same evening as I applied it my friends told me my hair had a green tint to it (I had read some reviews that mentioned a green outcome) so of course I was upset. I waited 2 days to wash my hair after applying and in my opinion it is more red/orange after using this product than it was to begin with. The product says it doesn't damage your hair, but it does! I realize I've had multiple color applications in a 2 week period of time, but to the point I used this product it was relatively healthy but after using this it feels very dry. I'm disappointed that I ordered 2 boxes to keep one as a spare for the next oopsy haircolor fiasco, but it will be going in the trash. I very much regret using this product and as it was Loreal haircolor that started this mess and this product only made it worse I won't be buying Loreal haircolor products in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars really worked, May 14, 2014
this is a great product if you dont feel like waiting another 20 min at the salon to have them apply the toner.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hair is still BRASSY., March 8, 2012
Not sure why this is called Brass Banisher since it really only banished another $10 of mine. I usually give products the benefit of the doubt and even if it helps a little I'll say it worked. I have dark blonde hair that I've highlighed very blonde over the years. Every once in a while I get this grand idea to save $100 and color my own hair. Well when I did it my darker roots turned a beautiful glowing shade of orange... thus turning my hope to Brass Banisher. I read a couple really great reviews and couldn't wait to try it. Much to my dismay my roots are still brassy and it turned my bright blonde highlights duller. So basically my hair is a hot mess now.

This doesn't work!!! (and PS. I followed the directions very carefully and left the treament in for 7-8 mins.)

L'Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Brass Banisher Hair Treatment

4.0 out of 5 stars I am glad I found this!, October 31, 2010
Initially I was disappointed with this product - after my hair dried post treatment, it was still brassy and I saw little change. But after a day, the brassiness was much reduced and now there is only a slight reddish tinge. I have been battling brassiness through expensive shampoos, washing my hair in cold water, and have been considering buying a shower filter treatment. However, I am glad I found this product. It is certainly worth the money and does a good job toning down the brass.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for Brunettes,too., January 13, 2014
I use this product occasionally when my roots look too brassy after dying. It seems to even out my
entire hair color, and takes some of the brassy red color away. Not perfectly, but is better than nothing.
The conditioner smells great- like apple blossoms. I wish all hair dyes came with this conditioner!

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work well for me, December 24, 2013
I am naturally a medium brunette and have had my hair bleach blonde for the past couple years. Now tired of the high maintenance blonde I wanted to grow it out naturally so I went to a salon to have more of my natural colour added so it would blend nicely as it grew out. I was not impressed with the results - the highlights/lowlights were so thin I still looked like I had 3" roots only to me my hair looked like it had greys in it now from the odd blonde strands here and there. So, I took matters into my own hands. I added highlights which turned out beautifully bright and added lowlights (mistakenly used an ash base and they turned out golden-orange). Hence this product. I was hesitant at first but the orange was driving me bonkers so I thought oh well and took the plunge, regretfully. The orange-yellow is much more subdued but at the expense of losing my lovely bright blonde highlights and my hair feels dry! It was lovely and silky and shiny before. So now I am just an overall ashy blonde. Not happy with the results. It probably would be a good product if your hair is very yellow-orange as anything would look better than that, but I am sad it's such a dull colour now. And surprisingly for a "gloss" treatment it's less shiny than it was previously. We live and learn I suppose, and I have learned not to use this product again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 515 | Next ›