5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
Age: 56
Skin type: slightly sensitive with slight rosacea, combination skin

Published 15 months ago by Kathryn Magendie

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke me out
Published 10 months ago by Jade Knell

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, August 20, 2013
Kathryn Magendie (no home to call my own) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil, 1.0 Fluid Ounce (Misc.)
Age: 56
Skin type: slightly sensitive with slight rosacea, combination skin

This glow facial oil is amazing - I am so glad I purchased it. I was worried at first that it would make my face feel oily, especially since though I am in my 50s my skin can still tend to feel oily in the Tzone and have breakouts if I am not careful with products, but instead my skin soaks it up. A little goes a long way - place a few drops in your palm, then dot a little here and there around your face; massage with fingertips until your skin absorbs the oil. The aroma is relaxing and wonderful so that I really love using it at night before bed - I notice lavender and rosemary most of all. My face feels soft and looks "plumped" and moist, but without the oily slick slippery feeling I have found with some oils.

I even use some of the oil on my lips - it will soak right in and if you don't like the "taste" just put a little lip balm on top of it after you've rubbed in in the oil. Also, I will massage some into my throat and chest. This bottle will last a long time - there's more in it than I thought there'd be, and you don't need much.

I use it morning and night almost every day and have had no breakouts or irritation, even with my sensitive skin.

I'll definitely purchase this product again, although I have to say I bought it for less somewhere else - hoping Amazon will at least match that price later on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Look No Further, August 22, 2013
At 47 years old, I was completely unprepared to the extent that your hair and skin dries out after menopause.

I have tried many different lotions for the past, spending far too much money on both high-end products and drugstore brands, but none have moisturized the way I wanted or needed.

Enter L'Oreal Age Perfect. All I can say is...

Thank you L'Oreal and I sincerely hope you never stop making this oil. It's super light and unscented, yet the moisturizing is unsurpassed. I use this oil approximately one hour after using a retinol (ROC deep wrinkle serum is fantastic, use for 12 weeks before expecting results), in the AM and PM every day. I put a drop or two each on forehead, chin, cheeks and neck and rub it in well.

My skin feels like I am 20 years old again. Amazing. Awesome. Fantastical. I can't even express how much I love touching my face and it once again feels soft, smooth (don't forget to exfoliate daily) and fresh. Doesn't clog my pores either.

So, so pleased with this product, Try it and you won't be sorry!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, February 17, 2014
I'm new to the concept that putting oil on your face is a good thing but I'm understanding more and I love it. I love this product. I put ~4-5 drops on morning and night and whenever I feel like it if I'm around the house with nothing to do. This Chicago winter was brutal on my skin and no one facial moisturizer did the trick. Even moisturizers designed for very dry skin. I put this on, let it absorb and then put my facial lotion on. It's the best combo.

From an ingredient standpoint, I don't love that there's things I can't pronounce on the ingredient list, but until I feel like doing more research on facial oils, I'll stick with this. The price is actually better than many other facial oils and this stuff will last you.

This stuff also SMELLS so good. Kind of earthy in a good way.

Oh and it did not make me break out at all! If anything my occasional breakouts have diminished.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke me out, January 15, 2014
For reference, my skin is normally combination/oily. I rarely get blemishes but my skin is sensitive. This product claims to "Deeply nourish and replenish dull, dry skin to restore skin's youthful glow." Although I used this product as directed (4-5 drops on clean skin), I can honestly say that I did not see any of the benefits that it touted. My skin is fairly parched from the winter cold right now and I experienced none of the "deeply nourishing" attributes nor did it give me a "youthful glow".
This oil has quite a bit of fragrance. Normally, fragrances don't bother me too much but this product is almost reminiscent of bug spray to me!
It claims to be non-greasy but I found it to be quite greasy- even when I cut down the amount I was putting on!
This oil also broke me out quite a bit. After a week of use, I noticed small whiteheads on my cheeks and around my mouth. A few days later and I've got painful blemishes on my cheeks.

I know that the L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Glow has gotten some great reviews here but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars natural essence oils perfectly blended, September 19, 2013
I am allergic to all the face creams and they all have propyl glycol and other toxins. This smells wonderful and is light and it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury skin care at reasonable price!, December 16, 2013
Annie T (Littleton, CO) - See all my reviews
Like so many other reviewers I absolutely LOVE this Glow Oil from L'Oreal. The scent is wonderful - like you're spending time at the spa. Yum!

It makes my 50+ y.o. skin GLOW! Not in a greasy, oily way tho. But in a refreshing, healthy way! I love the way it feels - been using it for 2 weeks, morning and night, after cleansing and before I use a moisturizer (I use a variety). You can use a primer before applying foundation, or really.... you don't need to with this. I think it makes a great primer by prepping the skin so that the foundation sits more "on top" and provides the skin with a beautiful dewey-fresh satiny glow!

I just made my own face spritzer. I bought a little colored mist spray bottle. I use distilled water, then several drops of this L'Oreal Glow Oil, and a couple of other face products I like. Smells wonderful and gives me an inexpensive "pick me up" during the day. It doesn't mess with my makeup - just feels good and I think it keeps my foundation looking fresher.

For foundation I use several liquid or cream ones: L'Oreal True Match Lumi, Avon Ideal Flawless, Youngblood Liquid Mineral Foundation (very pricey but I like it), Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup, Physicians Formula Youthful Wear in Light (I have light/med skin - this Phys Form runs a tad bit on the darker side...

A lot of days I mix a couple of these foundations together (yes, I like to experiment!) and I'm really happy with the results!

L'Oreal Glow is.... OMG.... WONDERFUL for mature skin!!! Will be purchasing a 2nd bottle, but it takes so little that it'll be a while before I need to!

(also, I make my own Vit C serum weekly using distilled water, (I buy, via Amazon, the "Making Cosmetics" Vitamin C L-ascorbic acid powder - it dissolves the BEST and is high-quality). Between using the Vit C serum morning and night (I apply this right after I cleanse skin with Witch Hazel Toner or whatever, I apply the Vit C Serum, let it sit a while, then apply the L'Oreal Paris Glow Oil and let it sit a while before I use a moisturizer, then my foundation of the day.

Met a girlfriend for coffee today and she said "your skin looks great! It looks so fresh and healthy - are you doing something different??" Wow... nice to hear. (I rest my case)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product!!, October 4, 2013
Has taken years off my face. Smells great and has made my face soft and smooth. Decreased wrinkles noticeably. Will definitely purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic in every way!, November 10, 2013
CMCM (Nevada City, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I've waited until I used a full bottle of this oil before reviewing. The test is always whether or not I'll buy another...and I did! This stuff is amazing because after trying what felt like every moisturizing product on the market, this oil solved my flaky skin issues. I had previously been using Bio Oil, but it didn't quite do the job. This L'Oreal oil is wonderful. I use about 6 drops in the morning after washing and before my other moisturizers, and 6 drops at night. One bottle used at this rate lasted 2-1/2 months. I want to emphasize that once this oil has been applied, the skin is wonderfully soft and not in the least bit greasy or oily. The only caveat might be if you have very oily skin you would not want or need this particular product. But for dry skin, and for "mature" skin it is a wonder! I'm surprised people would complain about the scent...I'm very sensitive to odd cosmetic odors, but found this oil very pleasant and not at all strong. Once the oil is applied, the scent disappears anyway, so it's hardly an issue. I put the 6 drops into my palm and then with my other fingertips dot it around my face and then gently massage it in. It soaks in very quickly and you do not look or feel oily. A few moments later, I apply whatever moisturizer cream or lotion I'm using that day...I switch things around and try a lot of things for further protection and SPF coverage. In just a few days my flakiness pretty much disappeared and has remained gone ever since. My 64 year old skin really needed just what this oil offers and I'm so happy it solved my long-time problem with spotty dryness and flakiness. I'll add that I've tried some of the very costly oil type serums from Lancome, Lauder and others, and while they were nice enough, they did NOT work nearly as well as this oil and they did not solve my issues.

The price seems to be coming down quite fast...my first bottle was 24, my second one I found at 19, and now I see Amazon has an even lower and very good price on it. I have very sensitive skin with mild occasional rosacea, and this oil does not irritate in the least. I can say without reservation I consider it my #1 skin product and the one I simply cannot do without, and I don't think I've ever felt that way about a product before. It's a real bonus that this is a L'Oreal product you can buy just about anywhere and it's very affordable, unlike the fancy department store brands (where I paid 60+ for half the amount of what I considered a much less effective product for my needs). I hope L'Oreal doesn't ever stop making this product because I really depend on it now! I can say I'm 100% pleased with it, and that's not something I say very much about cosmetic products.

Update 1/14/14: Still love this oil, just opened my 3rd bottle. I've been tracking, and at the use of about 14 drops per day (7 morning, 7 evening) a bottle lasts me 2 months. This has become my "can't be without" skin product. The current Amazon price is the lowest I've seen anywhere, by the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the cost, February 8, 2014
I was a little unsure about putting an oil on my face. I mean, how many times have we been told to keep oils off our faces? How many products are out there to cleanse the oils from our skin? But I am turning 56 in a month and have noticed my skin, although I have very few wrinkles, looking very drab and dull. I certainly could use a glow and what's the harm in trying, right?

After the very first application (I know what you're thinking...yeah, right...but really!), my pores appeared to disappear and my skin appeared brighter and healthier! I didn't have to use any other product on my skin, either, so I I'll be saving money on moisturizers from now on. Considering the cost of those, the price I paid for this and the small amount that you use, the cost is minimal.

This is a must-try. And with Amazon, you have nothing to lose. If you truly don't like it, you can always return it. For the life of me, I can't imagine that you would. I'm going to go check now to see if this is on auto-ship. I don't want to be without it.

Valenchia Hershberger

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, August 30, 2013
Makes my face feel really good. This product was much better than I expected. I will buy this product again.