Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Blake Shelton Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on January 19, 2012
I already own several Stila Smudge Pots, including one in Cobalt. They are very pigmented, creamy as a dream and apply spectaculary. I was looking for another blue gel liner that was a bit of a different blue shade from Stila's Cobalt so decided to try this Loreal Hip liner in Midnight Blue, along with another in Eggplant.

I received the item very quickly, great stuff. When I opened the box I noticed the packaging of the product - the jar and lid - are absolutely identical to Stila Smudge Pots. When I opened the lid, much to my amazement, even the *product* looked the same! Same shade, same texture, even the same level of product in the container. WTH? So I dipped my angled liner brush in and applied. This Loreal HIP liner is just as creamy and pigmented as my Stila Smudge Pot in Cobalt! It's also exactly the same shade on the skin!

The only difference I can notice are almost indistinguishable little flecks of silver in it. It's not noticeable in the jar or when applied, though.

Overall this product is worth every penny. If Stila Smudge Pots are not on for a good price at the time you're shopping, you're not losing out by picking this liner up instead. It'll save you some money and you'll wind up with pretty much exactly the same product. Keep in mind, however, that all shades of these HIP liners may not be the same in terms of pigmentation and texture. I found the Eggplant shade not quite as pigmented as this one. It also required a bit more product to get the same results. It's still worth the price, though. Especially with the massive amount you get in the jar. I would sooner buy these HIP liners than any MAC cream liner any day of the week. 5 stars for these bad boys, all the way!
on July 27, 2011
I have an elf eyeliner that is similar, but I find that the elf liner smudges.
I'm trying this and so far I love it (I can't attest for the staying power quite yet)!
The formula is very pigmented- a little goes a LONG way!
It is very velvety smooth, unlike what someone else said in their review.
For $9, you cannot beat this liner.

UPDATE: VERY long-lasting! I wore this to a bday party the other day. The eyeliner lasted on the upper eyelide and lower waterline for the ENTIRE day in 95+degrees, mad humidity, and LOTS of sweat! You can't beat that for this price!
on October 18, 2011
I am surprised at the reviews that says this product bleeds. I bought the eggplant color elsewhere and I was blown away! It is even better than the more expensive MAC and Bobby Brown versions of gel eyeliner. The color was fantastic and now I want to try the brown. I wore it for the first time this weekend to a wedding and reception and it didn't bleed or smear or end up under my eyes after sweating. The only thing I don't like it the applicator. I highly recommend using a thin angled brush instead. I bought a great one (don't remember the brand) at Ulta. This is my new favorite make-up product.
on June 25, 2009
On my quest to find an eyeliner for the waterline, Loreal Hip has been the best so far. Once it dries, it won't come off without waterproof makeup remover. Pros: great staying power, good for dramatic lining above and below the eyes. Cons: not easy to apply; can cause some eye irritation for some when used on the waterline.
on January 2, 2009
I bought this in black and LOVE it! It goes on smooth and easy and it's bold or subtle, depending on how you put it on. It cleans easy off the brush (just take a tissue and wipe it off), but it's a little hard to clean off your face, so don't get it anywhere you don't want it! It took a lot of rubbing to get it off with cold cream!
on February 10, 2012
For long lasting this can't be beat. That also makes it hard to take off. You better know how to put it on and be prepared to wipe off mistakes right away with baby oil on a Qtip. It will clump if you use too much on the brush. Use the jar lid, add a tiny bit water, smooth out on the brush a tiny bit and apply. If you want a smudge effect, this will not do it. It stays right where you put it. When you want to take it off, you will use makeup remover. Or Baby oil. The brush is harsh. I suppose a expert could use it, but a good eyeliner brush is well worth the money. Count on that harsh brush as a freebee to use on your eyebrows.

Don't plan on using this when your in a hurry. You'll get the hang of putting it on faster (and it will be worth it as you will still have it on at the end of the day.) But, if your new to using a brush, or use a pencil, you'll learn how to get a better, lasting eyeliner with this product.
on August 13, 2014
My use of this is different than what it was designed for. This makes an excellent eyebrown filler and if you get the color right it provides a nice clean look. A little goes a long way with this product. I use this with my eyebrown stencil and just barely dab and brush it in and it comes out spectacular. It works well as an eyeliner too. That's why I bought two of them The price is really reasonable. I highly recommend this for both it's intended use and as an eyeliner.
on November 25, 2011
It's my first time using a cream eyeliner. So I did have difficulties, but I watched the how-to video and practice made it easier. The bristles are VERY coarse tho. It is recommended to get a better eyeliner brush especially bc the skin around the eye is sensitive and thin. The eyeliner fades after all day wear, but I like the look. I did get brown for the more natural look too, so if you wanted something more dramatic, this isn't for you. The cream didnt bled out on my skin like some of the reviews. You just gotta clean and thin it out after the application.
on August 21, 2011
I've tried every eyeliner you can think of. This is the best. It is longer lasting than any waterproof eyeliner I've ever tried. I used to always use liquid, but I'm giving that up now. Its very dark which I wanted. No dim blacks.
This stuff goes on best with a separate eyeliner brush. the one included is not great.
on June 3, 2015
I've tried all kinds of eyeliner and I'm a clutz at applying it..
this has an applicator brush that is awesome.. it goes on really close
to your eyelashes and looks so natural.. not a big obvious line!
It does not bleed or rub off.. I love it!