L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream, Fair, 1.0 Ounces
Size: 1 OZColor: FairChange
Price:$7.96 + Free shipping (Addon item)

on August 31, 2012
First of all, it's unfortunate that reviews for this product are listed separately based on the color. So, make sure you also check out reviews for the other colors.

I have been a user of Lancome foundation, but didn't wear it all that often because I'm just not fond of the weight of the makeup and how it can rub off. On top of that, I live in the Phoenix area, and the heat would just melt anything I put on my face anyway. I've always liked the idea of tinted moisturizer, but there again, the stuff seems to slide off my face. So I've taken to just wearing powder, or nothing at all.

I tried this product because I got a sample in a magazine, and I love it. It looks a little like a facial scrub when it first comes out of the tube (pale color with what looks like tiny beads or granules). But when you smooth it on, all that seems to disappear, and you're left with a nice, smooth, matte face. It covers my minor discolorations and sun damage perfectly, it has a nice, touchable finish, doesn't rub off at all (even in the Phoenix heat). I love it! It "perfects" my skin without looking made up. It does such a good job coloring minor skin discolorations that I actually feel like I want to add a little bit of blush to put some color back. That's not really a complaint, just an effect of putting something on the face that covers skin tone variations, I guess.

Many reviewers have complained about an orange or pink undertone; I have not found this to be the case. Perhaps it's because, generally speaking, I tend to use as little product as possible, so I apply this lightly. You do have to work somewhat fast to rub it in/smooth it on, otherwise it seems to go on a bit thick in spots (and the color is heavier/shows in the creases).

Overall, this product meets my needs. Helps my skin look better but doesn't look or feel like make up.

One last comment about the color: I've read a lot of reviews where they say to go a color lighter than you think you need; many specifically said that the medium was too dark/too orange for them. I basically have fairly light skin, but a moderate tan. The free sample I tried was "light", and I thought it was ok, but a little too light for me. I bought the "medium" and find it perfect for me! The best I can advise is to try to sample them in the store, or, like I did, find a "bogo" type offer and buy 2 colors (I'm sure I'll use the lighter one in the winter). : ) I think the price is quite reasonable.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 30, 2012
I have been wanting to try a beauty balm for a while now, and bought this one today on a whim from Rite-Aid. I usually use Aveeno active naturals spf 15 on my face after the shower to prevent peeling and sunburn. Its the only thing that works on my skin, or so I thought.

This stuff is amazing! It only took a dab to do my whole face. Its smooth, the tone is much more even than with Aveeno. My face is hydrated. The true test is waiting to see if it breaks my sensitive skin out in acne. It does not have SPF in it as far as I know, the tube says nothing of the sort. Its supposed to not clog pores. We will see. Reviews elsewhere on the web states that its melt-proof and smudge-proof. I am wearing it to bed in a hot summer night in the desert, so I guess I will know in 12 hours if it stands up to the hype.

Normally I wear foundation in "creamy natural" except for August, when I tan to a "buff beige". The light tone is perfect. There is one lighter and two darker (I believe) and this one is just right. There are a bunch of chemicals in it that I cannot pronounce. Two of the main ingredients are dimethicone and glycerin. It has parabens. I'm not too keen on some of the ingredients, but its the best thing I have ever used on my face to date.

For the price you can't beat it. Two pumps of Aveeno, bottle lasts 6 weeks, $16.00 for the bottle, 38 cents a day to hydrate the face. This product cost $10 at the drugstore and you only need a nickle size dollop on your hand to do the whole face. This will last 6-8 weeks. 21 cents a day to hydrate the face. Good deal, better product. You do the math.

Will be purchasing this again in the future.

EDIT: I stepped out into sunlight and looked in a mirror and to my horror I had an orange halo around my face! The "light" color is too dark for me, so I gave it to a friend and purchased the "fair" tone... its perfect! I did get a couple of little bumps on my hairline that never formed white heads, but honestly my skin was just adjusting to the new product. Still love it, still will repurchase.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 30, 2012
1)Inexpensive at Walmart or Target.
2)A little goes a long way.
3)Magically "corrects" to your own skin color.
4)Really evens out the tone of face AND neck.
5)No oily residue an hour later.
6)Seems to last all day and looks so natural and unmade-up.
7)No transfer to clothing.
8)I just lightly powder and sometimes not even blush needed.
9)Feels like you have nothing on.
10)Absolutely the BEST makeup I have ever used in my life.
on September 22, 2012
I have oily skin so I love this product as it evens out my red areas and hides pores without looking like I'm wearing make up and I have had no issues with the color (medium) and always shake the product to mix before using. It doesn't take much and it doesn't make my face feel caked or oily. It does feels gritty when it first comes out but it smooths out almost immediately. My only question is why is the exact same product is $18.99 on Amazon and only $8.00 at the dreaded Wal-mart. I love, love, love Amazon but not enough to pay $10 more for the same product.
on April 3, 2013
My good friend was over for the weekend and upon her arrival I noticed how her skin looked really good. It always looks good but just looked better. So the next day as we were getting ready she was showing me some of her recent finds in cosmetics. We both have olive complexions so we share products. She shows me the Loreal BB cream and says this is now what she uses and she really likes it. Ah Ha! So I decide to try it.

Background. I use makeup sparingly as I have an active lifestyle and my decision is more based on not liking to take all the stuff off at night. But I always apply sunscreen and usually a light foundation and powder for that extra barrier between my face and the California sun. But if it was not for the sun, I probably would not wear any foundation. I have an olive complexion and I am even-toned and have good texture. I always have issues with my skin getting oily around my nose and forehead and I am always striving for the most natural weightless feel and look. I have tried many high end foundations and they are good but I am never wow'd. So....

I first tested the color by putting a dab on my wrist and watched it disappear into my skin! I put my sunblock on and then applied this product. I tend to apply lightly and spread with my fingers going even more lightly as i get to the outer edges of my face. My first observation was that it was translucent, it did not feel like i had anything on my face and it erased imperfections. As for the color, it looked natural and there was no difference in the color from my face to my neckline. I then put a light dusting of my face powder over it which made it even better. So off we go to our outdoor event and we are there for hours in the 75 degree sun. I did not notice any sparkles on my face or hers and when returned home I did not have the usual shine on my forehead and around my nose and I still looked even toned. If I could love a product, this is it! I am very happy with it and how it looks natural. I get compliments and people think i have no makeup on :) If it was not for my friend having the Med color I probably would have guessed to use the light color because although i am olive I am very light, my friend is more tan/olive but the color looked good on both of us.

For those who love the natural look, I would give this product a try. The price is great so what's to lose? Not much but a lot to gain if you like it! I hope it works for you like it did for me.
VINE VOICEon August 8, 2012
BB creams are all the rage and I tried this out of curiousity. According to the tube, it corrects, perfects, primes and hydrates. I hate wearing foundation in the summer and have had no luck with tinted moisturizers. Either the color was off or they were just too greasy.

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. The opague cream had no discernible aroma and was easy to apply. Just a small amount is sufficient and I was delighted with the feel and appearance of my skin. Small flaws vanished and my skin looked and felt natural. It is not oily and it lasts until washed off. It most definitely earned a place in my makeup bag.
on January 31, 2013
I rarely write reviews, but this stuff has worked so well for me that I had to. I have tried so many different foundations - everything from drug store brands to Bare Minerals, Laura Geller, Makeup Forever - you name it, I've tried it. I'm 36 and for the last couple of years have really been struggling with an oily t-zone and dry skin everywhere else, LOTS of redness and large pores from acne rosacea. That along with my thyroid meds was destroying my normally great skin. I started using this as a primer to wear under my foundation and gradually realized - OMG! I don't need to wear foundation at all with this stuff - it's that good! I was really surprised by the coverage because I never would have thought it would be enough for me. I can wear this completely by itself with nothing else - no primer, no foundation and no powder and it still corrects my redness and gives me great, natural looking coverage that usually lasts me most of the day. It doesn't make me feel oily or greasy (which is huge) and it actually lasts longer when I just wear it on it's own - although I typically don't b/c I feel I need a little extra coverage for work, going out, etc. My normal routine now is to wash my face with a gentle cleanser (I use Neutragena Naturals) apply my rosacea medication (Finacea - which was a dream come true and cleared all the itchy acne rosacea) and 5 minutes later apply a light coating of Lubriderm moisturizer. After that dries I use either Philosophy's Keep the Peace corrector as a primer (also helps a little with the redness, but mostly reduces the appearance of pores and fine lines and makes the BB cream glide like silk) or Avon Magix (best primer EVER)and then Laura Geller Real Deal Concealer for under eye bags and occasional red spots. It also works wonders for a red nose if you use a primer on your pores first.(If you have rosacea you need to buy that stuff,like, YESTERDAY...it's awesome!) Last - I use the BB cream to finish everything off. It smooths everything out and blends perfectly with my concealer and primer and my face ends up looking flawless - like I'm wearing little to no makeup at all. 90% of my redness disappears and my face still feels clean and matte, which it never does with foundation. I would highly, highly recommend this for anyone, especially for anyone suffering from rosacea.
on December 7, 2013
This BB cream requires you to moisturize prior to application. This is less a BB cream than a color corrector primer with skin benefits. Consider heavy-duty moisturizer if you're prone to dryness as this BB cream is not a moisturizer. For reference, I'm over 30, occasional acne breakouts, with moderate dryness, moderate redness, and a light to medium skin tone with freckles.

Color: If you are very fair or typically purchase foundations that are very light, this brand may not be for you. The entire line runs about a shade too dark. If you're usually a light-medium, reach for the lightest shade. This is a lesson I learned the hard way. I'm usually one step up from the lightest tone and I have to buy the 810 Fair to come close to matching. The 820 (what I'd usually buy) is too dark.

Application: Apply your moisturizer beforehand and let it sink in. The color out of the tube appears gray. As you apply it to your skin, it buffs in nicely. Application is smooth. It doesn't bunch up by hairlines like other BB creams and foundations can. A little goes a long way. One tube lasted me over a month. I was able to get away with a dime sized amount for my entire face. The color spreads easily. I found that I didn't need my makeup brushes and that my fingers worked best for this product.

Wear: The wear is amazing. It doesn't require powder to mitigate oil. It is light. Lasts all day. Serves as a primer in case you DO want to wear powder, blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, highlighter, etc. If you remember to buy a shade lighter than usual, it matches tone well. This cream does not sink into my rather large, gaping pores. It does not cover acne or acne scars. It is for relatively low-drama skin with discoloration issues. If you have significant acne redness (I'm not talking about 3 or 4 pimples), you may need a more heavy-duty coverage. My eyes teared up one morning and the tears didn't rinse away the coverage. Contrast that with the Aveeno brand BB cream, which practically couldn't wait to jump off my face. It blended well with my high-end concealers.

Reaction: This cream does not cause me to break out with any clogged pores, acne, or other adverse effect. After wearing this all day, my skin doesn't feel like an oil slick. You know how you might wear a day's worth of makeup and can't wait to peel it off your skin when you get home? Not this stuff. It feels good at the end of the day to still look decent and not feel like Bakersfield in the summer. Until I find something better, this is my "everyday" wear face foundation.
on November 4, 2012
I did not buy this item on Amazon. I was originally going to go with a different brand, but I could not find that anywhere. I bought Loreal instead, thinking it would be worth a shot. Unlike the brand I was considering, this product came in an actual shade of "Fair." Fantastic for me as I have incredibly pale skin. However, this product must be mislabeled or something. No matter how little the amount of product I put on my face it was still a few shades darker than my skin; you could tell by looking at my jawline the differences in shades. It's of no use to me now.

The only reason I gave this product two stars is because of the texture. It goes on smooth and as far as I can tell maintains an overall non-oily look.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 6, 2012
I go thru a lot of different make up because I am very picky and I keep trying different things I just don't like (high-end, low end and in between). I want something that will look natural and feel natural, while covering (or at least obscuring) my flaws, evening my skin tone and not breaking out my skin. Too much to ask?

Usually, yes. But this product does pretty much all of that. The coverage is light - it adds a bit of color and does even the skin tone and obscure (but not so much cover) a couple blemishes.

The reason I love this product (so far - it has been a week) is that while accomplishing all that stated above, it really looks like I am not wearing any makeup. It just makes my skin look better, which I love. Also it feels incredible. I usually can't stand the feel of makeup but I don't feel a thing with this.

You sort of have to buff it into the skin when you apply to break the color beads. When you do this it almost bonds to the skin. It does last really long. In CVS I tried a tester on the back of my hand and after a couple hand washings I still had some there. Oddly though I have had no trouble removing it from my face (I use a Clarisonic). It seems to control oil and my face is less shiny at the end of the day than if I were wearing no makeup.

There is no mention of SPF on this so I am not sure what the status is there (I read the European versions had a low SPF).

The tube is quite small but little is needed for coverage so it should last a decent time. I have been using it a week and so far no unusual breakouts (they usually would occur before now).

I only use a light moisturizer on my drier spots under this and it does keep my skin hydrated all day (I tend to be dry but for the t-zone).

It has simplified my routine and so far I am happy. :-)

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations