Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on June 9, 2015
I am deeply in love with the 9GR Light Golden Reddish Blonde for my dark blonde self. I'm making a specific recommendation for those who have the sort of dull, no-man's-land non-color you get after being blonde as a kid--the strawberry tones in the 9GR work sooo beautifully on this type of hair. You will *not* come out looking like a Jolly Rancher; it manages to look pretty natural yet still has an element of surprise. The deal with hair color is that you have to marry three things: what color you want, what color your hair will respond properly to, and what color actually looks good on your skin tone. I have accepted that I look best if I stay in the blonde zone, and that my hair responds best to those colors because it's already in the family, and that golden tones make my skin look best. I would say that I have pale, peaches 'n cream skin, but we all know it's really just sallow. This strawberry blonde dye actually makes my skin look peachy. Years of regular blonde gets really, really boring, and darker reds are like learning to harness fire and make it cook a shrimp to perfection in one attempt--that analogy is really struggling but I'm saying that it's hard to get right. But THIS reddish blonde looks unique in a sea of boringness without looking like you're trying too hard, is deeply flattering, and seems idiot-proof, which is important for me. In conclusion, I shall quote my sister upon seeing my new strawberry hair: "OH MY GOD OBSESSED."
on February 24, 2015
I am really pleased with this product. My hair is naturally medium brown, and the ends were a dark blonde from a faded previous dye. The Intense Red Copper turned out to be a great shade, and it covered both the natural and dyed hair evenly. I did have to leave it on much longer than the recommended 25 minutes to get close to the color on the box (40-50 minutes), but that wasn't a big deal since I did a couple of test strands to figure out the timing. The color is a very pretty, dark orange-red, but the type that looks natural. It was a bit too bright until the first shampoo 3 days later, but now it's perfect and I've gotten a ton of compliments. My only complaints are that the color is a little monotone, lacks the natural highlights that un-dyed hair has, and my hair is still a little dry, despite the conditioner that comes with it. Other than that, I love it!
review image
on June 25, 2015
I can't find this color in my local stores, and it is perfect for my hair and complexion.
I have fair skin (I am an Autumn, if that helps anyone picture my coloring) with ruddy undertones. Some hair color with red tones can look brassy, but not this one.
My grays turn out as lighter strands of hair, giving this color a multi-dimensional effect.
It lasts a full month, at least, or until my roots drive me crazy, without losing color and shine.
It does tend to dry my long color treated hair, so before I spread the color through the rest off my hair after the roots are done, I put conditioner on the length of my hair.
Works just great!
on February 23, 2016
Did not buy it on Amazon - bought 5MB Medium Auburn turned out, on my medium brown, more like a light auburn or copper red. I have not had color on my hair since September of 2014 so I do not think that was the problem. The condition of my hair afterwards with the conditioner is good though but I don't color often so my hair is in good shape anyway. Just be wary - the colors are not always true.
review image
on May 15, 2015
Being older my hair would be almost white now and I can't imagine not being a red head. This Preference Intense Red Copper is the best coloring I've found. The included tube of conditioner is excellent, too. I'm very pleased, and the few dollars more than some other similar at-home hair coloring kits cost is well worth it to me.
on November 28, 2012
I love the quality of this product. My hair felt so soft after I used it. I do think it was a bit ashy for my taste. It almost looks like grey hair. I will go for natural blonde next time but I will stick with Loreal.
on January 17, 2015
I used to color hair back in the 60's and I can tell you, that L'Oreal Preference is the best product out there for Outstanding color, and it keeps it's color longer than any other Brand that I have used. Gray and White hair are very hard to get color to take using other products, it just won't get the roots to color. So far I have not had that problem with Preference, even on my roots. Since my hair is getting whiter and whiter, it is starting to cause a problem sometimes, but again, not with L'Oreal Preference. If that does happen to you, just cut the light color mix in half, and mix up a bit of the darker color and add it to one of the halves. THEN do your roots in the darker shade, and the rest of your hair with the light shade. It works! You will have to play with it and try different things, but I would also suggest to only go up one shade. If your hair is all one color, no problem, follow the directions, and you will love the results.
The next best thing, your hair does not turn into a straw mess. It doesn't dry out at all. I love it, you will too.
on January 15, 2016
I have been going to the salon to get my hair a beautiful copper red for the last few months and have been spending big money ( 130 each visit) and I just can't afford it anymore. So last night I bought this color from Loreal and I put it in my hair for about 30 minutes and showered and dried my hair. I don't have any complaints about the feel of my hair! it's very soft and has a pleasant scent. The color came out very intense which isn't a bad thing and I suspect it's because I put red dye on faded red hair. I'm hoping it fades a little soon but to a good more natural shade! I love being a redhead and have had sooo many compliments from strangers and friends alike saying they think I look so pretty red! I feel "me" being red if that makes sense :) I'll update this review in a few days or weeks if I like the color it fades too!
on June 9, 2015
Loved this color. I had to strip the darker black haircolor I previously colored but, it looks great. I have a hard time finding this color so it was so worth the amazon purchase. No flat color and it looks amazing.
on December 8, 2013
Loreal Preference 8RG rose-gold is a beautiful color, not brassy, not orange, not pink, but a soft warm and natural look. The "rose" component is mild, and could be "beefed up a bit" for my tastes.

Actually my hair processed a lighter color than shown, possibly because I have about 25% grey, along with "dishwater" deep mousie blonde natural hair. I am giving this 8RG rose gold color 5 stars for the color proposed, WITHOUT HAVING GREY HAIR. Sadly, my white / grey hair, at the roots, and along the hairline by my face REMAINS GREY AND WHITE (for the last (3) three months of repeated extended times worth of coloring,

Loreal's claim for 100% grey coverage is a falsehood, for me. Also, it was a falsehood for my mother, after multiple attempts with various Loreal Preference colors, and having tried leaving it on for a torturous full 45-50 extended minuties to cover grey hair, as directed..

I desired this color so much, I order several month's supply. Now, in search of a grey hair remedy, today I am ordering (via Amazon.com) the "Ardell's" grey drop additive for all haircoloring. I really hope it works, or I will be discontinuing Loreal haircoloring products. I will still use Loreal's hairspray, with the finest sprayer.

Also, the ammonia fumes, from Loreal's haircoloring, is SO overpowering, it surely cannot be good to breath it, burning my eyes, nasal and respiratory track. So, I am considering changing to Nutriese Garnieir products, without the ammonia fumes, and better grey coverage. (But, Nutriese does not have any Medium Rose Gold color,......yet). (Maybe, I'll try experimenting in mixing a touch of red with Nutriese's medium golden blonde. (?)