5.0 out of 5 stars Great texturizer for fine hair
Published on August 16, 2009 by D. Harmon

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad..
Not a bad hair control product - just a little runny - and kinda has a shin to it at first but wears off during the day
Published 9 months ago by Josh King

5.0 out of 5 stars Great texturizer for fine hair, August 16, 2009
This review is from: L'Oreal Paris Studio Line Texture and Control Unkempt Out of Bed Hair Texturizer, 4.0 Fluid Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I've tried plenty of body, volume, texturizing products to give my baby-fine, limp hair some oomph. This product is the best I've ever tried -- it truly is "weigtless" in that my hair has great volume and fullness that lasts wash to wash. The "piecey", texturized effects are also great -- I avoid running a brush through it, usually just using my hands/fingers and/or couple runs with fat-tooth comb (I use giant rollers for shoulder length hair after washing). It doesn't have much of a fragrance, and I like that too. Also does not have any kind of flakiness or residue about it.

My only criticism is that it leaves a dull finish -- to get sheen, I spray lightly with a silicone spray once I have my hair in rollers and let dry as usual.

Great product especially for those of us with baby-fine hair that cannot take the weight of most gel/mousse products - it's worth the price !

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Hold, August 17, 2012
I am a first time user of a hair texturizer of any kind. I am 65 years old, a natural redhead, and tired of a lifetime of uncontrollable natural curls.
I had been wearing my hair short for about 10 years. But I never liked the way I looked, and my husband of 47 years hated it.
I have a close friend, who also has long natural curls. So, I began to let my hair grow, and loved it, until this Summer.
We live in South Florida, and the humidity has been horrible. Nothing I did was controlling the frizz, the dried out hair, and I was miserable. I tried hair curlers, hair accessories to put it up in the air, but just hated all of the fuss, the time, and the work. I began thinking of cutting it short, once again.
I love Amazon, and began searching for a texturizing paste, to see if it would work. I decided to 'embrace my curls' rather than fight them. And, even though I'm an old lady, I decided to give it a try.
I purchased L'Oreal Out of Bed Texturizer.
From the first use of the Out of Bed, I was hooked! Delightful scent, easy manageability, and you can use it on damp or dry hair, every single day. It never 'goops up', never makes your hair gooey or stiff, and you can put a comb or brush through it afterward, with no tangles.
The best thing is, my hair remains soft and manageable at all times, and the color is still true, which is difficult with red hair.
I'm hooked! I just ordered 2 more jars of it...1 for my friend with the long, natural curls, and 1 for myself. And, so as not to take a chance of running out, I placed myself on the automatic order list.
Thank you for this product! MStalhut Ft Pierce FL

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for curly hair, July 20, 2011
I use the L'Oreal Out of Bed Texturizer as a curl enhancer. It gives me great definition and tames frizz under a harder holding gel on first day hair. On second day hair I wet my hands and add a bit of this and scrunch through hair for a wavy look. Gives me consistently good results and its a great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells Great and Makes Hair Look Beautiful, March 8, 2013
I initially bought this at a large retailer but for some reason the store stopped carrying it. I loved the product so much I bought a large batch.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was skeptical using this wax but I was wrong! very nice finishing!, June 23, 2013
This was really does an "out of bed" look to your hair! I was skeptical initially and that's why I just bought one bottle (just in case) but I was wrong! It leaves your hair with that out of bed look that I want for some days! really like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hair texturizer, June 12, 2013
The best hair gel for my fine hair, have tried many and this one is the best. Hope it is not discontinued.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent one-of-a-kind hair control and styling product, April 30, 2013
I love this product and cannot find anything else like it on the market. It is not waxy, so it doesn't pull your hair down an hour after you've styled it. It's also rather dry, for lack of a better description, so it doesn't make my hair curl up like most other gels do.

My hair texture is medium/coarse, very wavy and extremely thick.

I blow dry my hair straight, finger comb a good amount of this texturizing gel thru my hair, then comb it down straight. Then I blow dry the straight gelled hair till its dry. This completely eradicates all the undesired curl in my hair. Then I tousle it all over for a semi-unkempt look with lots of movement and a good amount of volume.
Love love love this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars I CAN'T DO WITHOUT THIS STUFF!, June 17, 2014
Sad to say, but it was getting impossible to find this product on the store shelves. I had tried other hair products (at a much higher price!) but they didn't work like this stuff does.
Long story short, I found this on Amazon (at the regular great price of about $4 each!) and order an entire box!!! Boy oh boy, I've got enough to last me for about the next five years. Thank you Amazon for making this available when no one else did. (I know, it's only a hair product...)

5.0 out of 5 stars The only thing I use when I want to style my hair., January 10, 2014
This is the only product I use when I want to style my hair certain ways etc. I like the semi wet look it can give you and it holds really well. Only downside it is hard to find it anywhere but through here.

5.0 out of 5 stars I will not use anything else on my hair, June 12, 2013
I have 3 of these in my storage at all times. I change my hair style depending on weather conditions and this stuff is the best for my long hair look and my short spikey hair look.