5.0 out of 5 stars Simply remarkable!
Published on January 8, 2011 by Chikz

1.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy Skin, Unhappy Nose
Published on December 11, 2011 by Jean1960

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply remarkable!, January 8, 2011
This review is from: L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Serum Intense, 1.0 Fluid Ounce (Misc.)
As a strictly department store skin care gal,I decided to try Youth Code because of its similarities to Lancome's Genifique. I've been using Genifique, along with a complete Lancome skin regimen for over two years with great results. However, I'm finishing my college degree and money is a bit tight (I'm in my late 30's, just so you know that I'm not an 18 year old reviewing wrinkle products). Therefore, I decided to try Youth Code since it made similar claims as Lancome.

I can't believe how soft and luminous my face has become. I've been using it for about a week now and it's truly wonderful. It's actually quite better than Genifique. No comparison. Since Lancome is owned by Loreal, I decided to check out the ingredients list for both products. They are very similar, but the Youth Code has a couple of other skin loving ingredients that Genifique lacks. They both seem to make the same claims that are also rooted in genetic research. The texture is almost identical, but the Youth Code is less slimy. Since I've been using Genifique for about two years, I'm very familiar with the texture and results and this is much better. Most importantly, my skin has improved vastly since the first time I used it. Even my hands are softer, since I use them to apply the product. I did not experience these same results with the pricier product.

At this point, after I finish my other department store products, I will try the other Loreal creams. There's actually a starter kit of this particular system available for a pretty good price. If it's as good as the serum, I can't see a reason to spend hundreds of dollars on expensive creams. Right now, I spend $80 on day cream,$80 on Genifique, $80 on night cream, and $60 each on eye cream and eye serum. Although my face looks great as a result, my bank account does not. I believe in quality skin care and don't mind paying for a good product. But since I got such good results from this low cost serum, I am ready to try anything from this brand. Heck, I even bought the two newest Loreal foundations, Visible Lift Serum Absolute, and Magic Smooth Souffle. Honestly, these are the two best foundations I have ever owned. They are particularly wonderful if used after applying Youth Code serum and a moisturizer. Loreal has certainly earned my respect and business.

It is my opinion that Youth Code serum is by far the best I have ever tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Younger looking me, June 29, 2011
Audrey Parey (CRANBERRY TWP, PA, US) - See all my reviews
The L'Oreal Paris youth code skincare serum is not only for the young and youthful looking women but also for those of us who are getting older. I am a young 78 and have been using this product for several months now and those wrinkles around my mouth have disappeared and I have no crows feet at the eyes, I even use it on my neck. Love this product, and hope they never discontinue it. I am buying some for my daughters who are 55 and 53.
Thanks L'Oreal, I love and use many of your products. I odered it from Amazon and it is a continuous order. Amazon automatically sends it to me monthly at a great price. Love Amazon also. Never have to go out and shop. Just go to Amazon and find shoes, prisms for my lamp that broke. What a life, no running from store to store just sitting and searching and push the "enter" button and the shopping is finished.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT STUFF, January 31, 2011
I just finished using Lancome Genifique which did a good job. However, Youth Code leaves my face feeling and looking better than Genifique. I would recommend it to women over 50. So far so good (after using it for 13 days).

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes my skin look rested, February 28, 2011
MML (Philadelphia/NJ) - See all my reviews
my skin had been looking exhausted, probably because I have been and this did the trick- I suddenly look so much better and it's so soft...love using it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Similar to Genifique but better & less expensive, June 23, 2011
NOTE: The picture Amazon is showing is incorrect, this is not in a tube, it's in an air-pump bottle. I have uploaded a photo of the correct item you will receive.

A little background: I'm 45+, dry hormonal skin, I'd been using Olay's Regenerist and Total Effects with some Neutrogena items thrown in also for quite awhile, but I'd hit a point where they weren't working so well for me. So I picked up a few samples of Lancome's Genifique serum.

Now after a few weeks I can compare Lancome's Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate and the L'Oreal Youth Code Serum. In case you don't know, L'Oreal owns Lancôme.

While I loved what Genifique did for my skin I couldn't justify spending $80 for 1 ounce of serum. Youth Code is even better, not only for the price, but this: After comparing these two serums, their ingredient deck is almost identical, except Youth Code contains two beneficial peptides that Genifique doesn't have, as well as Youth Code contains N Hydroxysuccinimide, which is an ester used in skincare that helps reduce dark pigments and inflammation of the skin. Additionally, Lancome's Genifique contains castor oil, which I'd rather not ingest through my skin or my mouth (yuck!).

The only bad thing I can say about the Youth Code is I notice a little more perfume-y scent to this compared to the Genifique, but it dissipates in a minute or so.

Youth Code has taken my skin up a notch from the Olay products. I'm using Youth Code until something better comes along -- my skin is looking great, and I'm saving a ton of money over the high-priced Genifique.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best bestever, May 29, 2011
i am a young looking 60 year old woman. i have/had sun damage on my chest from too much sun. i had noticable vertical lines on my declotee. i began using youth code there, as well as on my face. I have been amazed at how the lines on my chest have become much softer to the point where I can wear a low necked shirt again. I also work under harsh lighting and receive tons of compliments on how great my skin looks. love how this product does not leave an oily film and seems to sink right into the skin.

i just can't say enough about the virtues of this product. Simply Amazing!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, January 1, 2012
I was scheduled to spend about $1000 on collagen injections at my dermatologists this past week. I cancelled my appointment. I had bought this serum several weeks ago and have been very impressed with the look of my smile lines which were the most bothersome to me in recent times. I'm encouraged to buy the other creams. My only negative I've noticed is that I seem to be breaking out more and wonder if this is a trade-off for being youthful looking?

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, April 25, 2012
I am generally one to doubt the efficiency of cosmetic products. So when I read the good and bad reviews about this serum, I was leaning more towards "it's not gonna work for me" side...I bought it and used it for the first time last night before going to bed and this morning. When I looked at myself in the mirror the spots seemed lighter, but I doubted myself (being pessimistic) and went about my day. Then tonight I checked again and my eyes were not lying! Let me tell you!!! My post acne marks are TWO shades lighter. This product is wonderful! Believe me, I know it's hard to believe all the hype, but you have to try it to find out if it works for you. It's way cheaper than chemical peels (ouch) and the other brands. By the way, my skin is a combination skin, so even drinking 8 glasses of water, barely wearing makeup, and washing my face twice a day still doesn't keep pimples away. This serum is definitely going to help though. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lancome's Genifique, only much cheaper, February 6, 2011
So it looks like L'Oreal finally repackaged its Genifique-related patents into cheaper offerings for the mass market. So fat it seems to be just as effective. Excellent serum!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unhappy Skin, Unhappy Nose, December 11, 2011
I was using Skin Genesis Serum and loved it, it really improved how my skin looked. But Loreal discontinued it and came out with this new product. So I tried it. My skin was not loving it. It got red and irritated. The redness would fade but was still irritating. My nose was not loving it - smells like bug spray to me. So off to find something else that will make my skin and nose happy again. And to make my eyes happy, too, since they see those pesky new wrinkles every day. (I hate when one of my favorite items is discontinued and I have to start a new search.) Eveyone's skin is different. Youth Code serum may work great for you. It did not for me.

L'Oreal Paris Youth Code Serum Intense, 1.0 Fluid Ounce