Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Misc.|Change

VINE VOICEon August 20, 2013
Age: 56
Skin type: slightly sensitive with slight rosacea, combination skin

This glow facial oil is amazing - I am so glad I purchased it. I was worried at first that it would make my face feel oily, especially since though I am in my 50s my skin can still tend to feel oily in the Tzone and have breakouts if I am not careful with products, but instead my skin soaks it up. A little goes a long way - place a few drops in your palm, then dot a little here and there around your face; massage with fingertips until your skin absorbs the oil. The aroma is relaxing and wonderful so that I really love using it at night before bed - I notice lavender and rosemary most of all. My face feels soft and looks "plumped" and moist, but without the oily slick slippery feeling I have found with some oils.

I even use some of the oil on my lips - it will soak right in and if you don't like the "taste" just put a little lip balm on top of it after you've rubbed in in the oil. Also, I will massage some into my throat and chest. This bottle will last a long time - there's more in it than I thought there'd be, and you don't need much.

I use it morning and night almost every day and have had no breakouts or irritation, even with my sensitive skin.

I'll definitely purchase this product again, although I have to say I bought it for less somewhere else - hoping Amazon will at least match that price later on!
11 comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 22, 2013
At 47 years old, I was completely unprepared to the extent that your hair and skin dries out after menopause.

I have tried many different lotions for the past, spending far too much money on both high-end products and drugstore brands, but none have moisturized the way I wanted or needed.

Enter L'Oreal Age Perfect. All I can say is...

Thank you L'Oreal and I sincerely hope you never stop making this oil. It's super light and unscented, yet the moisturizing is unsurpassed. I use this oil approximately one hour after using a retinol (ROC deep wrinkle serum is fantastic, use for 12 weeks before expecting results), in the AM and PM every day. I put a drop or two each on forehead, chin, cheeks and neck and rub it in well.

My skin feels like I am 20 years old again. Amazing. Awesome. Fantastical. I can't even express how much I love touching my face and it once again feels soft, smooth (don't forget to exfoliate daily) and fresh. Doesn't clog my pores either.

So, so pleased with this product, Try it and you won't be sorry!
on November 10, 2013
I've waited until I used a full bottle of this oil before reviewing. The test is always whether or not I'll buy another...and I did! This stuff is amazing because after trying what felt like every moisturizing product on the market, this oil solved my flaky skin issues. I had previously been using Bio Oil, but it didn't quite do the job. This L'Oreal oil is wonderful. I use about 6 drops in the morning after washing and before my other moisturizers, and 6 drops at night. One bottle used at this rate lasted 2-1/2 months. I want to emphasize that once this oil has been applied, the skin is wonderfully soft and not in the least bit greasy or oily. The only caveat might be if you have very oily skin you would not want or need this particular product. But for dry skin, and for "mature" skin it is a wonder! I'm surprised people would complain about the scent...I'm very sensitive to odd cosmetic odors, but found this oil very pleasant and not at all strong. Once the oil is applied, the scent disappears anyway, so it's hardly an issue. I put the 6 drops into my palm and then with my other fingertips dot it around my face and then gently massage it in. It soaks in very quickly and you do not look or feel oily. A few moments later, I apply whatever moisturizer cream or lotion I'm using that day...I switch things around and try a lot of things for further protection and SPF coverage. In just a few days my flakiness pretty much disappeared and has remained gone ever since. My 64 year old skin really needed just what this oil offers and I'm so happy it solved my long-time problem with spotty dryness and flakiness. I'll add that I've tried some of the very costly oil type serums from Lancome, Lauder and others, and while they were nice enough, they did NOT work nearly as well as this oil and they did not solve my issues.

The price seems to be coming down quite fast...my first bottle was 24, my second one I found at 19, and now I see Amazon has an even lower and very good price on it. I have very sensitive skin with mild occasional rosacea, and this oil does not irritate in the least. I can say without reservation I consider it my #1 skin product and the one I simply cannot do without, and I don't think I've ever felt that way about a product before. It's a real bonus that this is a L'Oreal product you can buy just about anywhere and it's very affordable, unlike the fancy department store brands (where I paid 60+ for half the amount of what I considered a much less effective product for my needs). I hope L'Oreal doesn't ever stop making this product because I really depend on it now! I can say I'm 100% pleased with it, and that's not something I say very much about cosmetic products.

Update 1/14/14: Still love this oil, just opened my 3rd bottle. I've been tracking, and at the use of about 14 drops per day (7 morning, 7 evening) a bottle lasts me 2 months. This has become my "can't be without" skin product. The current Amazon price is the lowest I've seen anywhere, by the way.

Update 7/5/15: Stilling loving it, and in general I use it every morning as the first product I use, and almost every evening before bed (then I put a night cream on top of it). This is probably the mostly continuously I've used any facial product, it's really a "must" for me now. There are other similar products out there, even in the drugstore lines, but most of them cost far more for the same or even lesser amounts and I doubt they are any better so I don't even both buying them. It would be crazy to buy one of those elite oils….I had one from Lauder that I paid $50+ for before I tried this oil, and honestly, it just wasn't nearly as good and it didn't do anything miraculous. L'Oreal's oil provides better moisturizing and because of the affordable price, I use more of it than I could bring myself to use of the Lauder product. For my needs, L'Oreal's performs much better anyway. Amazon's current price is definitely the best I've seen anywhere else, especially if you have Prime.
on December 16, 2013
Like so many other reviewers I absolutely LOVE this Glow Oil from L'Oreal. The scent is wonderful - like you're spending time at the spa. Yum!

It makes my 50+ y.o. skin GLOW! Not in a greasy, oily way tho. But in a refreshing, healthy way! I love the way it feels - been using it for 2 weeks, morning and night, after cleansing and before I use a moisturizer (I use a variety). You can use a primer before applying foundation, or really.... you don't need to with this. I think it makes a great primer by prepping the skin so that the foundation sits more "on top" and provides the skin with a beautiful dewey-fresh satiny glow!

I just made my own face spritzer. I bought a little colored mist spray bottle. I use distilled water, then several drops of this L'Oreal Glow Oil, and a couple of other face products I like. Smells wonderful and gives me an inexpensive "pick me up" during the day. It doesn't mess with my makeup - just feels good and I think it keeps my foundation looking fresher.

For foundation I use several liquid or cream ones: L'Oreal True Match Lumi, Avon Ideal Flawless, Youngblood Liquid Mineral Foundation (very pricey but I like it), Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup, Physicians Formula Youthful Wear in Light (I have light/med skin - this Phys Form runs a tad bit on the darker side...

A lot of days I mix a couple of these foundations together (yes, I like to experiment!) and I'm really happy with the results!

L'Oreal Glow is.... OMG.... WONDERFUL for mature skin!!! Will be purchasing a 2nd bottle, but it takes so little that it'll be a while before I need to!

(also, I make my own Vit C serum weekly using distilled water, (I buy, via Amazon, the "Making Cosmetics" Vitamin C L-ascorbic acid powder - it dissolves the BEST and is high-quality). Between using the Vit C serum morning and night (I apply this right after I cleanse skin with Witch Hazel Toner or whatever, I apply the Vit C Serum, let it sit a while, then apply the L'Oreal Paris Glow Oil and let it sit a while before I use a moisturizer, then my foundation of the day.

Met a girlfriend for coffee today and she said "your skin looks great! It looks so fresh and healthy - are you doing something different??" Wow... nice to hear. (I rest my case)!
on September 19, 2013
I am allergic to all the face creams and they all have propyl glycol and other toxins. This smells wonderful and is light and it works.
on May 2, 2014
I discovered this oil on a whim, at the drugstore. It is cheaper on Amazon. It lightly moisturizes (even though it's an oil), absorbs completely and it's smell is sophisticated and delicate. I tried "another" brand and was sorely disappointed and went back to this one. I sure hope L'Oreal keeps making it!
on January 15, 2014
For reference, my skin is normally combination/oily. I rarely get blemishes but my skin is sensitive. This product claims to "Deeply nourish and replenish dull, dry skin to restore skin's youthful glow." Although I used this product as directed (4-5 drops on clean skin), I can honestly say that I did not see any of the benefits that it touted. My skin is fairly parched from the winter cold right now and I experienced none of the "deeply nourishing" attributes nor did it give me a "youthful glow".
This oil has quite a bit of fragrance. Normally, fragrances don't bother me too much but this product is almost reminiscent of bug spray to me!
It claims to be non-greasy but I found it to be quite greasy- even when I cut down the amount I was putting on!
This oil also broke me out quite a bit. After a week of use, I noticed small whiteheads on my cheeks and around my mouth. A few days later and I've got painful blemishes on my cheeks.

I know that the L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Glow has gotten some great reviews here but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin at all.
on December 4, 2013
I only just received this so I don't know what the long term benefits will be but so far I love it. My skin soaks this up and I can practically hear it saying "oh my gosh, thank you!!!". It feels great. I read other reviews that talked about the scent. It does have a very light scent, refreshing I would say. My skin has gotten very dry as I have aged and I now have skin issues that I never had in my teen years. This morning I woke up and noticed that my skin was not flaky and I swear some of the redness in my cheeks was gone. Wishful thinking? I don't know. But I'm going to use every last drop of this!
on December 16, 2013
I've been using this oil for less than a week and already I can see a difference in my skin, especially in the neck area. To me, it smells kind of herbal. I don't think it's offensive, but I'd rather it had no scent. I'm still absolutely thrilled with this product.
on January 21, 2014
Leaves your face so soft and does glow. Is not greasy at all soaks right in your face and feels like you have a ton of moisture in your face. When they say you only need 4 drops for your face that is all you need. Good price