Published on August 8, 2012 by K. FLETCHER

1.0 out of 5 stars TERRIBLE Product
I was so mislead by the box name and photo. My medium brown hair turned BLACK. I have used L'Oreal before and was hoping for a lighter brown as the box and name suggest, but this was terrible!
Published 13 months ago by chris bartek

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found my hair color! / This product needs more stars!, August 8, 2012
Every year I have tried dyeing my dark brown hair in the hopes I could lighten it a few shades to a warm/golden brown. And each time I would get red, yellow, or orange hair or no change at all. So, this summer I read somewhere you need a "hi-lift" dye to lighten dark hair (and not bleach it or do anything drastic). Soon after I just happened to find this dye in my local pharmacy. I bought it, but was hesitant/afraid to use it and be disappointed yet again. I waited about week and decided to just go for it. SO glad I did! I FINALLY have the hair color I always wanted. It truly looks "sun-kissed," AND it's affordable. So happy every 6 weeks when I get to renew my love affair with my hair. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest blonde hair color ever, August 5, 2010
I have used home blonding hair color for over 30 years, having used every imaginable product on the market. Dream Blondes is by far the BEST and is the only product I use. It contains a pre-color conditioner, enough color for long hair (no more having to purchase two boxes of other coloring), and CONSISTENTLY provides beautiful color with excellent conditioning. The Amazon price is 1/3 of the discount or drug store price! I purchased a case when I saw the price and am going to order another!!!! What a great bargain for the best product!! Thank you Amaon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of The Best, Hard To Find, September 19, 2013
This review is from: L'Oreal Preference Paris Couture Hair Color, 8RG Rose Gold Blonde (Misc.)
I have naturally strawberry blonde hair but am going grey fast. For years any product I have tried either just turned my hair red and brassy or blonde and ashy. This one has an excellent balance of blonde and strawberry blonde hints without an overly brassy look. It covers grey fairly well or at least they blend into the blonde. When I am done my hair is evenly colored and feels better than before I applied the color, my own hair dresser said it is one of the best home dye jobs she has ever seen. My only complaints are not many places stock it and it does have a strong smell which my husband hates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Love Love :-), September 3, 2012
Megan (Hamilton, NJ) - See all my reviews
I have medium to light brown natural hair color. I use the Ligtest ash Blonde color cream on my hair with amazing results. I have thick hair all the way down my back so if i need to color my whole head i use two bottles but one bottle is perfect for a touch up on my roots. I usually do my roots every 28 days to maintain my style.. it does not come out brassy, yellow, white looking, green or blue :-) My color is a nice even light ash blonde.

What i do for my hair is i apply acording to the directions.. one 1/4 inch section at a time working around the frount of my head then the back making sure to cover EVERYTHING.. i am sure not to overlap the hair that has already been colored.. you will get an ugly line of color if you do. only apply color to the fresh roots.

I leave the color in for 45 min after i have covered all of my roots. I find that after 45 min i have pure and complete color :-) if you take it out too soon that is when you will have a hint of yellow or orange.

I have been using this color for about 5 years now and as i stated before my hair is all the way down my back near my belt line.. My hair is not damaged.. i have a nice healthy shine to my hair :-)

You do want to keep in mind when coloring your hair blonde that a good conditioner is key. The one that comes with the color is not bad at all but between i always use Nexxus Humectress or Keraphix. You need a good conditioner to be sure that your hair stays soft and healthy. Hope this helps!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good one, July 29, 2013
Bookenz (Bay area, CA) - See all my reviews
I just tried this color for the first time today and I really like it. I've been dying my hair auburn for years, but I have so much gray now that auburn is not sustainable, so I've slowly been phasing the auburn out. I've been looking for just the right blonde shade and thought maybe a honey blonde, however many of the colors looks too yellow/goldish. This color is perfect and looks just like on the box - kind of a light rosy blonde. The product was easy to apply and not messy/drippy and the smell wasn't overpowering. I will continue to use this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great, May 12, 2013
My hair has a tendency to get brassy, so I used this product with caution. It gave a halo effect to my hair. I love the lift it gave me. It is very difficult to find it in local stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS COLOR! LIKE A CHILD'S NATURAL BLONDE COLOR, December 30, 2010
PLEASE REMEMBER TO LEAVE FEEDBACK...IT IS SO HELPFUL FOR FELLOW AMAZONITES

I normally use this as a one step process and it turns out very well.

My natural color is a dark "dishwater blonde" with some gray. This time I had lightened my hair first to pale yellow shade and it had that bleached look without the softness of shading. Lady GAGA yellow...Too yellow. I used the lightest blonde shade first in this color and it did not help enough. Then I used this light ash and it looks just perfect. With just enough yellow but the softness of the ash but NO grey to it at all. Looks kind of like a child's natural blonde color, my color as a child. Very beautiful. However, having my roots bleached out first is going to make new roots show quickly. Therefore, next time I will use this but not bleach my hair out first. I'll just do touch ups to root area for about an hour then put on rest of hair for 5 minutes. That way my roots will continue to grow out just a wee bit darker than the ends so not as noticeable as my hair grows and I like it that way. One step to blonde! Bleaching out first is just too much trouble for me and too high maintenance. If your hair is not too dark , you might want to try it with just the one step, without bleaching first, to see if it works for you.

This hair color is the most beautiful and affective of all the blonde hair color I have ever used. It is a bargain as well. Most don't realize that you get the pre color protector, a nice size tube of both shampoo and conditioner that keeps your hair in super condition. Really, my hair feels in better condition after I color.

My hair is fine but very long. One box is enough for me to do all over color. I still use one box for my roots alone though.

The price on Amazon , with shipping, is still less price than the stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great result, October 5, 2013
I have colored my hair for years, and it was most recently a medium brown, and I wanted to go to a lighter brown shade. This did it perfectly. I was concerned about brassiness or bringing out too much of the red tones, but it didn't dod that. Just a nice light golden brown, which was exactly what I was looking for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes my hair really soft, November 28, 2012
I love the quality of this product. My hair felt so soft after I used it. I do think it was a bit ashy for my taste. It almost looks like grey hair. I will go for natural blonde next time but I will stick with Loreal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Came out exactly as expected, August 29, 2010
A few months ago I bleached my dyed black hair to white and turned it all to mush. When I was sick of the white I tried to dye it back with a box dye and while my roots accepted the dye, the parts of my hair that had been so severely damaged by the bleach did not. So I had red roots and light pink hair. Not good. So after a lot of research I began dying my hair with henna (natural not compound) which worked beautifully. However it takes a really long time, 24 hours prep and 8 hours on my hair. So after a few months I decided to try boxed color again. This time I bought preference Lightest Auburn and not only did it turn out exactly like the color on the box, but it even dyed the damaged part and my gray hairs. It also blended in with the existing henna hair color beautifully. I love this product!

Rate and Discover Movies