5.0 out of 5 stars Been Using This for YEARS.
I've been using Quick Blue bleach on my black hair for years. I have med/fine hair, so only need to bleach twice (roots once) with this stuff. I've tried other brands, but I keep coming back to L'Oreal's Quick Blue! It's gentle on the scalp, and bleaches evenly.
Published on April 29, 2010 by Kiri

1.0 out of 5 stars Lo'real quick blue vs ion color brilliance powder
I'm a hairdresser but I'm tire of waiting for people to do my hair. I have med/long thick asian hair so who ever does it seems to always complain. Decided to take matters into my own hands and will start doing my own hair at home so I pick this up at Sally. It's not impossible to highlight your own hair, it just takes longer but this way I can get my hair whenever I need...
Published 5 months ago by Sheng

5.0 out of 5 stars Been Using This for YEARS., April 29, 2010
Kiri (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: L'Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach 1 Lb (Health and Beauty)
It does leave hair brittle, but once the lift you want is achieved, a dye (even a blonde color) used regularly will help strengthen hair (along with hair dye, a protein filler may also help). Always, always, ALWAYS use a deep conditioner after bleaching with this!

Color lift is a little slower with this brand, but personally I appreciate that it gives me extra time to apply bleach evenly to entire head.

Don't forget the developer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, March 31, 2007
This review is from: L'Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach 1 Lb (Health and Beauty)
This is the best hair bleach you can buy at home. Mix with the Peroxide level you need (10,20,30,40) and it doesn't hurt your scalp at all. For highlights or total blonde, this is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great, January 31, 2014
This review is from: L'Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach 1 Lb (Health and Beauty)
I bought this like everyone does, to bleach out dark hair for light hair. It did the job and didn't kill my hair. A+++

Like everyone else mentions, the tub is huge for the small bags of bleach inside. But it is one pound. It's kinda too bad they can't come up with a smaller tub but oh well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, awesome results, awesome price!, August 9, 2014
This review is from: L'Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach 1 Lb (Health and Beauty)
This is a great "on or off the scalp" bleach to be used by professionals in the salons as well as brave, cosmetologist wannabees like me ;) I loved that the bleach was separated into two separate bags to keep the bleach powder fresh. A scoop is included and instructions of what the bleach to volume ratio is for easy mixing. If doing this at home, *make sure you know how to choose the best volume for you!!*. When using maximum lift (volume 40) on my dark brown hair, it turns white blonde in under 20 minutes. Back when I had bleach blonde hair, I used this on the scalp to cover up my roots every 2-3 weeks for over a year and my hair remained strong and I never experienced any kind of burning. For the price, this bleach is amazing! Use all over, for highlights, or peekaboos- this is versatile stuff! Make sure to use a hair masque 2-3 times per week to keep your hair healthy and strong as over processing it can cause severe damage. Everyone's hair is different so definitely test a small area underneath your hair (towards your neck) to see how your hair reacts and what volume works best for you. Also consult a hair stylist if you are unsure. Thankfully one of my best friends is a licensed cosmetologist and she helped me understand volume strengths and processing times. I've had this bleach for 1 and a half years and it is still working wonderfully! Definitely recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works For Dyed Dark Hair, January 20, 2013
This review is from: L'Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach 1 Lb (Health and Beauty)
(*I am not a professional hair colorist, this was just my personal experience with this product.) I bought this bleach to use with L'Oreal Oreor 30 Volume Creme Developer 16 oz.. I had hair that had been box dyed black several times and I wanted to lighten it. I left the bleach on my hair about an hour and it turned the regrowth at my roots light blonde, and the rest of my hair was medium blonde with some gold tones. Considering I had dyed my hair so many times, I think this bleach stripped out the black dye pretty well.

- Pros: This bleach doesn't have a really strong smell like some other bleaches, it mixes with developer easily, and it strips out hair color well.
- Cons: The only thing I didn't like was that it made the ends of my hair really dry, but it's bleach and the chemicals have to be strong enough to strip color out, so that was to be expected I suppose. I ended up cutting off about two inches of hair because of damage to the ends, which were honestly in kind of bad shape to begin with. I did leave the bleach mix on for an hour straight and used a 30 vol. developer though, so I may have used too high a volume for my hair and left the bleach a little too long.

Tips:
- Mix the bleach with the developer until it's a thick, creamy consistency. Follow the directions on the bleach tub.
- I found that for me, it's easier to start at the ends of your hair and work your way up, because the natural hair at your roots will bleach and lighten faster.
- I recommend doing two different sessions of 30-45 mins. (more or less, depending on how fast you hair personally lightens,) a few days/weeks apart to lighten dark hair instead of an hour all at once like I did, unless you HAVE to do it all in one day. You'll get less damage that way because you'll have more of your hair's natural oils to protect you hair if you wait in between bleaching sessions.
- If you have dark or black dyed hair, I would use at least 30 vol. or 40 vol. if needed, because dark color is difficult to get out. If you have light or medium brown hair hair you could probably use 20 vol. which is less damaging.
- I would also recommend buying a good conditioner and/or a deep conditioning mask/treatment for after bleaching as well. If you don't have one at home or don't want to buy one, you could use coconut or olive oil, which are really good for your hair.
- If you unwanted have red/orange tones in your hair you can use a hair color toner (like the Wella brand) or a purple shampoo.

Hope this review was helpful to somebody, sorry it's so long! Good luck :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thick and Course Hair Do 2X's, April 14, 2011
This review is from: L'Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach 1 Lb (Health and Beauty)
My hair is dark, very thick and course. The first time I dyed my hair using the Quick Blue with Oreor Creme Developer 40, I was a little concerned because my hair turned a very brassy yellow.

Out of necessity I tried the process over again and it came out beautifully blonde!

I used 1 of the little bags that came inside the tub. So this is going to last me for awhile doing touch ups. Great buy in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loreal Quick Blue, March 26, 2012
This review is from: L'Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach 1 Lb (Health and Beauty)
Mixes well and does not clog if the correct developer is selected. Does a really fine job on eliminating brassy tones. Recommend using a deep recovery mask such as Neutrogena or L'Oreal. Also, best if used on shorter hair. Bleach will tend to fry out longer hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down the best bleach on the market, September 30, 2014
This review is from: L'Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach 1 Lb (Health and Beauty)
Hands down the best bleach on the market! I used box black dye for many many many years!!!! Hairdressers feared my hair! This bleach stripped my black out and left it in good condition too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bleach, August 15, 2013
This review is from: L'Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach 1 Lb (Health and Beauty)
This is one of the best bleach powders that I've ever used. Took me from dark brown/black to pale yellow in one application! I mixed this with Clairol Pure White 30 volume creme developer and after 45 min my hair was so light. I highly recommend this bleach if you're dark haired and wanna go light. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Less damage and better color than boxed bleach kits, October 6, 2014
This review is from: L'Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach 1 Lb (Health and Beauty)
I used this with the Loreal Oreor Creme 40 Volume Developer to lighten my dark brown hair to a dark blonde, for the sake of achieving an ombre look on the bottom two thirds of my hair. It was gentler than any box kit I have ever used to lighten my hair and it also helped my hair reach a lighter color without getting brassy. Previously, I've always needed some kind of toner or purple shampoo after using a bleach kit, but with this one, I had good color immediately after bleaching. I would highly recommend these two products together for lightening hair.

L'Oreal Quick Blue Powder Bleach 1 Lb