Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on October 12, 2012
I am at the age when the skin has become thinner, the wrinkles are beginning to become more obvious and inevitable, and hormonal acne is a monthly nuisance. I started researching BB Creams for all the helpful properties being touted: hydration, skin tone correction, sunscreen! True to its proclamations, L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream does all of that and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. This is a great multi-tasking, beauty essential and has become part of my daily routine!

This BB cream has proven to be very effective for me. My beauty standard for new products: efficacy, ingredients, cost/value. Some BB creams can be so outrageously expensive, but I didn't want to spend a small fortune on something still relatively new to the American market. What a value this is! A little goes a long way, the tube size is very generous.

I use it every day, in place of a daytime moisturizer, which in my opinion, is a necessity if you have dry skin like me (wrinkles look deeper when your skin is dry). I like that I can even wear it alone, and forego foundation altogether. I should note hear that the medium tone works well, there's no pinky pink undertones. When I do use foundation, I allow the BB cream to dry a few minutes before application. The BB cream helps smoothe out my foundation which I apply with a sponge and I follow up with a powder to tone down any shine. As for the greasy consistency that BB creams or silicone primers purportedly have, I would say L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream doesn't seem overly so. I am also highly sensitive to heavily scented products, a major turnoff for me no-matter how effective a product can be, and I'm suffice to say it does not contain anything overpowering or unpleasant.

Another benefit is that it lasts all day. It helps keep the foundation from sliding off your face and gives your face a dewy, luminous, youthful complexion.Having been using this for several weeks, I see a difference in my skin. I haven't experienced additional breakouts, as a matter of fact, my breakouts have been minimal! I am utterly amazed at being blemish-free since using this product! I simply love it. I would certainly recommend this product, and will definitely purchase again!
33 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2012
I've come to the conclusion that everyone else has come to in this craze for BB creams - unless they are the Asian kind with whitening agents, they are basically tinted moisturizers. However, I do like this product from L'Oreal. It has great coverage for being so lightweight, it does have an SPF 15 and it wears for a good long time - I would say about eight to nine hours under makeup and five to six for an event where you'd be exposed to the elements or working. I have a very physical job and it holds up well for a workday.
on January 21, 2013
It was on the shelf at Walgreen's, staring at me with a reasonable price and a good-sized 2.5 fl. oz tube. It was from L'Oreal, a decent brand, and part of their Youth Code line, which has other products I have used and been satisfied with. How could I not try a tube?

While it wasn't a huge loss, I wish I hadn't bothered.

A true BB cream will give you "glow", minimize skin imperfections, and if good, can even take the place of your foundation. I had found all these assets in a different L'Oreal' product, their Skin Beautifier BB Cream, and thought perhaps their Youth Code Illuminator SPF 15 version would be even better. Not even close.

The only reason this looked natural on me is because it provided no real coverage. The small variations in my skin color were not evened out by the product. It went on smoothly, but seemed to disappear with no "glow", no color, no illumination as implied in the name, no nothing except the tiniest amount of shine. As for the possibility of using it with no foundation... nope. I tried applying a second coat in case more was required for results, but still nada. Maybe the intention was different, since the packaging refers repeatedly to its sunscreen capabilities... well fine, but then call it a tinted moisturizing sunscreen, don't climb on the bandwagon and try to get away with calling it a BB cream.

The other, superior Skin Beautifier BB Cream (now also being called "Studio Secrets") leaves my skin tone even with a subtle pearly finish, minimizes pores, and makes my face look flawless.

If you are experimenting with BB Creams and not looking to fork out a wad of cash for a premium one, I'd suggest trying the L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream. You might even try the Maybelline (which was ok but too shiny for my taste). But don't let this Youth Code product be your only try of BB creams because there's better stuff out there, honest.
on October 11, 2012
First of all, it was twice as big as I was expecting. This will last me a VERY long time. But most important, of course, is how it works. I got the medium shade, and it's perfect. I have nothing negative to say. It has sunscreen, it goes on smoothly. It gives my skin a natural glow. I'm 57 years old but I think this will work on skin of any age.This is a great product, and I highly recommend it!
on April 23, 2013
I love, love love this product and don't know why I can't find it in the stores. It is light, doesn't cause break-outs, makes my skin look as close to porcelain as it ever has and who knows what other good it might be doing. I appreciate the SPF, too.
on January 13, 2013
This is the best BB cream I have ever used! And I have used plenty with pricing high and low! This feels so good on my skin, doesn't break it out and looks so natural! I am SOLD!!!!
on August 27, 2012
I am so happy with this product. I have been looking for an oil free, tinted moisturizer for years. The ones I have tried felt thick and greasy on my oily skin. This feels like heaven! Great color and coverage. Nice scent and does not feel heavy. I will stay with this!
on August 21, 2014
This stuff is THE BOMB! People ask me frequently how I get my skin to look so fresh and natural, and this is my secret weapon. I can wear this with or without any other makeup and I look like a younger, more rested version of my real self, mother of 2 young children. I am not seen in public without it. I no longer use dept store foundation as I get so many more compliments on my skin when I use just this.
on August 11, 2014
I've tried many tinted moisturizers and BB Creams, and this one is average. This one is on the thicker side, so if you want more coverage, it is good for that. I'm not a fan of the artificial perfume smell. My skin is combination, and this BB Cream adds some shine ("dewiness" if you want to make it sound nice) so if you are naturally oily you may not like it. I wouldn't repeat this purchase.
on November 4, 2015
Best ever!!
I cannot find in stores any more - L'Oréal, please don't even think about discontinuing this (please!!)
I have never been able to wear (or been very good with) foundation - ever. I haven't liked the look of the finish, either chalk/cakey/fake or ended up oily. On a whim, a few years back, I purchased this and tried it and I love, love, love it. For my skin, it is perfect moisture and does not make my face look oily. It finishes off little imperfections and makes my skin look amazing.
I believe this specific line, Youth Code, was intended toward 30ish ages, however I read through the reviews here and seems like most of the people who are pleased with this, and who love this, are 40-50-60 plus (I am 48 :) - so for what that is worth!!