4.0 out of 5 stars It seems to be working right
Published 21 months ago by Jason Tu

1.0 out of 5 stars Canon 1DX can't communicate to LP-E4.
LP-E4 battary can't be regonized by Canon 1DX, even some ads said it compatible with LP-E4N. It does provide power to Canon 1DX, but it shows capcacity is emapty, So, you have to take estimation by yourself to make sure you have enough power to continue shoot photos. That is Canon 1DX firmware issue. That should recognize the battary very easy. So, I hope Canon 1DX...
Published 12 months ago by Ray

4.0 out of 5 stars It seems to be working right, March 31, 2013
This review is from: LP-E4 Lithium-ion Battery - Ultra High Capacity (2500 mAh) - replacement for EOS 1D Mark III Digital Camera (Electronics)
The full charge after the first usage on my 1d mark IV was not very promising. I was getting about 3-4 shots per 1% of battery power. The second time seems to work a lot better. I have shot 31 shots and the camera battery meter still shows 100% capacity remains. I will have another update after another week. If it gives me the usage pattern like this time, I will say that this battery is really worth the money. I will try it several times more to determine its long term ability. The seller was not responsive to my question at all. I will give the battery a rating four but East Coast Photo a rating of 1.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery at fraction of the price of a Canon branded battery., May 31, 2013
Usually a skeptic regarding aftermarket electronics, but in this case I'm a believer. This battery charged to 100% the first time out, and all the camera readings regarding battery function, charge level, % of charge left, number of shots on the battery...everything functions just like the Canon brand battery. I've been shooting on the original charge for a couple of weeks now, and after a couple of hundred shots, still shows 87% charge left on the battery. I recommend this battery, and will buy another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly!, July 15, 2013
I bought a 1Diii with no batteries or charger. I didn't want to spend nearly $1000 buying Canon brand charger and batteries so i bought no-name brand of both and have never had any problems. I can shoot about 2.5 weddings per battery/charge!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, April 25, 2014
So Fain (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
No issues with this battery on my Canon ID Mark IV. I get 2000+ shots per charge out of it (shooting high-quality JPG) and it has caused no errors. I've used it several times and have shot around 10000 photos with it in the camera. I have noticed no difference in how the camera operates with this battery as compared to the Canon. What I have noticed was that my wallet is heavier thanks to taking a chance on this battery. It makes a great backup and you can't beat the price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Replacement, February 4, 2014
I am very impressed with these batteries I ordered for my camera. They were cost efficient and hold a long charge, I shot 5 hours at a basketball tourny and didn't have to change once. I'll be putting them to the real test soon enough, but for right now I'm satisfied. The unlocking mechanism is loose on both batteries and "hangs" open, BUT tor the price I can live with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Seem to have same fit and function as OEM..., November 5, 2013
Sure seems to me to be the exact same fit and function of the OEM version, for 1/8th the cost ($21 vs $169!). Charges in my OEM charger and my 3rd-party charger.

ONLY difference I have seen in a month of use: the label has less sophisticated graphics than the Canon battery. Buried in the camera, though, you can only see the $148 still on the table...

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked as advertised, October 3, 2013
I've only used the battery once, and it worked fine. The battery life remaining indicator also worked fine with this battery in my Canon 1D mk iv.

I will be using it again today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic price to performance, July 18, 2014
Awesome so far. I'm using it in a 1Div and shoot with lots of AF and IS on both the 24-105 and 70-200 and it performs great so far. It's only been through about five or six charge cycles. I get about 2500-3000 shots or so on a charge. I think that's about as good as OEM. Cannot be beat for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good so far but ..., March 11, 2014
cdt (Colorado Springs, CO United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this as a spare after my previous one stopped working. I had been using a "Kanper" brand LP-E4 which lasted only two (2) years with light use so I'm certainly hoping for much more this time. I have not been disappointed so far, it fits well and holds a charge that appears to very closely match my original Canon battery. I will certainly update this review if anything should change for the worse.

** Update after six months **
While still working ok, the battery has already stopped fully charging and gives a code with the charger that the internal temperature is out of range. Charging to the 80-90% range at this time. Obviously this battery is far less reliable than OEM.

*** Update after nine months ***
Charging only to about 75%, same issues with battery charger indicating problems with battery's internal temp.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, January 31, 2014
Robert C. Markey (Royal Palm Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
In my first use of this battery on an older 1D Mark III, it worked well. It still has not lost its first charge after shooting two basketball games.