Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BM Premium 2-Pack of LP-E6, LP-E6N Batteries for Canon XC10, EOS 60D, EOS 70D, EOS 80D, EOS 5D II, EOS 5D III, EOS 5Ds, EOS 6D, EOS 7D,EOS 7D Mark II Digital SLR Camera
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on July 1, 2013
The first bullet point of this description when I bought it read "FULLY COMPATIBLE - The LP-E6 will display battery levels and will take a charge in the Canon charger". The battery did charge in the Canon 6D charger. So far so good. But when I placed the battery in the Canon 6D, it said on the back of the screen that it could not communicate with the battery.

You can press the Set button to dismiss this and it appears that the battery will fire the camera, but the battery level shows up as empty. Going to the Canon 6D menu system and selecting "Battery Info" you get the same error message that it cannot communicate with the battery.

With the Canon stock battery, you get the percentage of battery left, number of shots on the camera and the ability of the battery to hold a charge. I thought it was great to save a bunch of money buying these batteries, but I'm returning them because they are not as described and I'll be buying the Canon battery even though it costs significantly more. I've decided that spending $1900 on the camera and significantly more on L lenses and nice filters, it's not worth it to cheap out on the battery.

Your mileage may vary. Mine was not so good.
on October 1, 2013
These batteries are rated a little higher in mAHr than the original Canon batteries. They seem to hold a charge well and last at least as long as OEM batteries. Also, these batteries are recognized by my 7D and show charge left and number of exposures on current charge. It's too soon to tell how long these batteries will last (number of charge cycles) but so far I would recommend these batteries as an inexpensive replacement.
on October 1, 2013
I have these as spares, but they perform better than some other batteries I have that I paid three times more for. The 60D recognizes them and shows battery level.
on December 12, 2013
Very happy to report that the batteries I ordered on Dec 11, 2013 work perfectly in my Canon 6D, LC-E6 Charger, Canon Dual Battery Grip, as well as a third party dual battery charger. The 6D menu shows the batteries as LP-E6s + charge levels/recharge performance, etc. After a full day of shooting I couldn't be happier with them especially at the incredibly low price and 800mAh more per battery. If anything changes, I will update the review.
on April 4, 2015
Really horrible batteries. I bought 4 of these at the same time I bought 4 Wasabi LP-E6 batteries to see which ones performed better. After a year or so, the Wasabi batteries work like they were brand new! The Big Mike's batteries now only hold their charge for about 5 minutes and are worthless at this point. I already gave these batteries a 1 star rating on Amazon and a few months afterwards, was contacted by a Big Mike representative that told me if I remove my negative review, they'd mail me replacement batteries immediately (I had to remove the negative review First). I removed the review and have now waited several weeks for the replacement batteries. No replacements and not a flicker of communication after I removed my negative rating. I wonder how many people they do this to...
on February 1, 2014
There is not much to say about a battery, it holds its charge and it works well. I can shoot all day on one battery in my canon 70D.
on January 31, 2016
I bought the two pack in Oct 2014. They have seen little action. My Canon charger says they are fully charged but they will not power up my Canon 70D. I also have a Canon battery. The canon charger also says the Canon battery is charged but as it should because the Canon battery runs the camera while neither of these battery's will.
So far this has proven to be a great battery and a great deal. I put it in the Canon charger and it did what the Canon Batteries do, it started out blinking amber and in less than an hour it was green. Lit up the camera and ran all day.

As has been noted it is a 2600mAh 7.4v which basically is an indication of how much charge it can carry. The Canon LP-EN made by Canon is usually over $60 dollars for one and is 2000mAh -- and this is a pack of two for under 25 with more recharge power and unless it blows up my camera or falls apart in less than 6 months, it makes me very happy. I will follow up and let you know how it's doing over time. Today went well. We'll see if it can live up to it's shocking stats! :)
review image review image review image
on March 20, 2014
These batteries work well and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for BACKUP batteries. If you're looking for replacements, I'd suggest buying from Canon. Read on.

My 60D reads them just fine. My 70D warns me that they are irregular batteries but works fine after that. My 6D, however, works but won't tell me how much charge remains. This can be a hassle because the camera will shut off when the charge runs out. They're great when you need a battery but they aren't as capable as Canon LP-E6 batteries.

As for the charge: They don't last as long as genuine LP-E6 batteries. Maybe about 70% as long. Not a big issue in my opinion if you plan well.
on April 24, 2015
At 1/7 the price of Canon's batteries these appear to be a great deal. They charged quickly and power the camera just fine. The 60D recognizes the battery and gives both charge level and Recharge Performance. Only time, however, will determine how well they perform against the OEM battery. If things drastically change I will get back and modify this review.

Update 5/4/2015: First batteries received were not really very good so I contacted Big Mike's to find out what was going on and they said I was sent batteries from a vendor they no longer deal with and would replace the batteries at no cost. The new ones arrived today and are charging as I write this so I really haven't had a chance to use them yet. Watch this space for any further updates if necessary.

Speaks volumes for Big Mike's, however.