Questions & Answers
Dual LU43PB 3-way Indoor/Outdoor Speakers (Black)
by Dual Electronics
4.3 out of 5 stars (982)
$32.10
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 76 questions
votes
This is a traditional set of speakers with the two wire cable that connects to the back of a stereo amplifier. I also have the type of set that can be used with the 3.5mm connector and this set from Dual does not have one.
Jun 1, 2013 by Tim C.
votes
Actually, I bought an old Sony home theater receiver from Craigslist for $20. These older receivers (the ones with Dolby Prologic but not Dolby Digital and/or DTS) have A and B speaker outputs, which can both be run at the same time for a total of four speakers in stereo. If you're not put off by the idea of buying things from Craigslist, this might be the best and most affordable option (affordability being, I assume, the biggest criterion if you're buying these speakers, as was the case for me). I hope this helps. :)
Apr 21, 2013 by Larry Rhodes
vote
Unless its producing at least 20 watts per channel they will probably not sound very good.
Dec 9, 2013 by Deede Hill
votes
If the question is in regard to speaker wire connections, these speakers take an open speaker wire. I would purchase a set (4) of banana plugs from Amazon, Home Depot or an electronic store. There are many different variations that boast different quality sound so that in itself is a decision. See the video below for a quick video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybRqeCkgXWs If the video is in regard to mounting, I would suggest you mount them to whatever you are mounting the projector to. The bracket shown has a set of 8 elongated holes, to accommodate for smaller or larger mounting applications. The speakers come with stainless steel screws that work well with wood, make sure to use a pilot hole so not to splinter the wood.
Jun 5, 2014 by DannyGriff
votes
these speakers will do the job...depending on how big your space is I would by 4 and take advantage of the shipping costs and price...
Oct 25, 2014 by citizennacho
votes
RCA plugs refer to the slide on hubs. These speakers do not have that type of hook up. They have the style where you push down on the red or black tab, slide the wire in and let go. However, RCA plugs can be snipped off at the speaker end, strip the wire and used with these speakers if you can do it.
Oct 27, 2014 by Brian M.
votes
They sound great at medium volume, but will distort at full volumn, 250 watts
Jun 10, 2014 by Carey Trumps
votes
What you are among is if they have RCA Jacks . No , they do not . These have bare wire clamps
Oct 27, 2014 by Betsy Barnes
votes
There is a speed in your car that once reached gives you that comfortable pleasure of driving. RMS is a lot like that. Its sort of a measure of practical use; a realistic working volume. Don't drive at max speed and don't listen at max volume. Ohms are a measure of resistance and the range given speaks to the limits of that resistance within the speaker system. Watts generated by the source (radio) have to move down the wire and encounter the resistance of the speakers to transfer that energy into a sound. It takes more power (watts) to push 8 ohms than it does to push 4. No speaker works for long at max power from the source, just like your car going max speed all the time blows up sooner. This relationship is expressed in a math equation called Ohms Law, BUT simplify it all and pick a speaker with an RMS equal to the output RMS of the source. Your source will have RMS ratings for each channel, usually one channel for front and one channel for rear. Raising the volume may announce your party presence more, but it will also destroy the sound quality. Wattage is only from the source and is over rated in retail just to sell gear. The wattage you ask about is a limit the speakers will accept at least once before they blow. Google Ohms Law and you will find all the tech relationships but the KISS answer is to match the RMS...work smart and enjoy.
Aug 23, 2014 by Luap
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers