1,559 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to open!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 5:21 Mins
Published on November 25, 2011 by Benjamin E. Hornecker

Published on February 9, 2012 by wrldtrvlr2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to open!, November 25, 2011
Length:: 5:21 Mins

This is a video on opening the foam mattress. It doesn't hardly smell. It's at 9" thick by the time wee went to bed. Very firm bed and very comfortable. The bed does roll out upside down so you need to flip it over so that the bumpy side is down. I can officially say that we are done with spring mattresses. It came in 2 days thanks to amazon prime. We also purchased the "Sleep Tite PREMIUM Universal Fit Mattress Protector - 100% Waterproof-Eliminates Dust Mites -15 Year Warranty, CAL KING" seemed like a good idea for a foam mattress. Will update on how the sleeps go since that would seem like a boring video of me sleeping.

update 12/8/11- My wife and I have been sleeping on this for quite a bit now. My back does hurt but its a different kind of hurt since I can tell that my back is aligning itself back to how its supposed to be. My posture has dramatically improved and I can tell that I am not in the kind of lower back pain that used to be in. I'm not sure how much longer my back pain will endure but I can tell that it is from this bed and that the pain is good. I can tell that this bed is helping my back get to where its supposed to be. As far as my wife she just had a baby and has periodic back pain and also can tell that the bed is making here back into the correct position. She doesn't get back pain from sleeping in it like I do but every so often she can tell that her back has righted itself. The pain is similar to doing a hard work out and your muscles being sore the day after. You just know that things are how they are supposed to be. So with all this said I will update again in the future.
ob
update 1/6/12- My back feels amazing I haven't taken any aleve in 4 days. My wife says my back looks like it has a six pack. I do heavy lifting at my job and use a back brace. Worth the money love the bed probably the last update unless something goes wrong with the bed but I highly doubt it.

1.0 out of 5 stars I have owned this mattress for 5 months and update on previous post, February 9, 2012
This is an update: Well I posted a wonderful review on this mattress and slept on it for months and have enjoyed it. Last month I noticed my back hurting when I get up in the morning. I thought maybe something I was doing during the day and left the idea alone. Well last week I started looking at my mattress and noticed when I got up there was large impression and it wasn't going back up. A couple of hours later I checked on the mattress and it still had a deep impression and very soft.Not what I want after 5 months.I looked at my warranty paper-no phone number, address-Nothing. BUYER BEWARE

5.0 out of 5 stars Significant upside down discovery...very comfortable now!, November 8, 2011
This review is from: LUCID® 10" Memory Foam Mattress - 100% CertiPUR-US Certified Foam - 25-Year Warranty - QUEEN
I bought this Lucid 10" memory foam mattress in mid-October, and to me it always seemed a bit firm. Although comfortable, it did seem firm. I read several reviews, and several people have mentioned how firm this mattress is. Compared to another memory foam mattress I've owned, it indeed felt firm. I thought maybe it just needed a good break in period.

DISCOVERY!!!! Tonight, I just made a significant discovery while making my bed. The mattress was shipped with the outside washable cover upside down. By orienting the cover, I placed the mattress upside down on my bed when I received it. The "rough" side is supposed to go down, so that's what I did. I wondered why the mattress never really seemed to reach the full 10 inches, and this is why. The soft memory foam layer was on the bottom. Once I took the outside cover off and got the soft side on the correct side of the mattress, it is now like a cloud of heavenly bliss. The mattress now does that hand print thing like you see in all the pictures and videos.

I'm not sure how the outside cover mix up occurred, but if you buy this mattress, make sure the soft memory foam squishy layer is right side up. This will make all the difference in how this mattress feels.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressions After a Week, January 23, 2012
Pros:

Quick shipping with Amazon Prime.
Great value for around $250 full size.
I find it very comfortable for sleeping on my side.
The Lucid is very quiet (not creaky at all) and is really good about not transferring much motion.
Mattress has been "broken in", it was very comfortable on the knees, got good traction, worked better than expected.

Cons:

It smells and it even gave the blanket a noticeable smell.
I have not found this mattress comfortable sleeping on my back (so far). My rump seems to float on top making it feel like sleeping on a bit of an arch.
Don't like it for sleeping on stomach either. Facing nose down makes the smell seem a lot worse.
The edge is too soft for sitting, you tend to slide off (not a big issue since beds are for sleeping not sitting).

Possible Cons:

I suspect that this mattress might retain too much heat come Summer.
I suspect that this mattress will get softer (maybe too soft) come warmer weather.
I doubt this thing will really last 20 years, hope I'm wrong. It would still be an excellent value if it only lasted 10 years.

Comments:

After sleeping on the Lucid mattress for a week I went back to my firm innerspring mattress. The Lucid is much better for side sleeping but I prefer the firm mattress for stomach or back sleeping. There are enough cons that I'd give it 3 and a half stars instead of 4 if that were possible. A pillow under the knees might improve the back sleeping issue. The smell is getting better with time and that is the biggest issue so 4 stars seems like the best choice. I'm not having an issue with the "sinking in" some people report, getting out takes only slightly more effort than with a regular mattress (this could change if the thing goes all soft in the Summer). I've slept in 4 beds recently and this is my second favorite (not bad if you factor in cost). My favorite mattress was a firm innerspring with a plush top but that mattress was over twice the cost of this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars NO MORE BACK PAIN!!!, August 22, 2013
I have had a similar mattress before but from a different company and the 8", not the 10" mattress. I had not used one of these for many years and just moved so I was in need of a mattress because I sold my expensive serta perfect sleeper. This is by far worth the price 10 fold because I was in pain severely daily. Once I received this mattress, my wife and I both lost the pain and sleep fantastically!!! I have had it for a month now and still last night and almost every night my wife and I get into bed, we comment to each other that our bed feels good. I would like to add, my family owns a furniture store and I grew up with the ability to try out name brand bedding from multiple companies when ever I liked. This is definitely well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars SHOCKED at the comfort!, January 16, 2012
We bought this mattress for our guest room. We just wanted an inexpensive, fairly comfortable mattress. FAIRLY comfortable was the goal - we don't want our guests to wear out their welcome! LOL .. We had the mattress for three weeks and our son was the only one that had slept on it. He said it was very comfortable. Last week my husband hurt his back and decided to sleep in the guest room because he said the mattress seemed to have more support than our Tempur-pedic. He felt much better after a couple of nights on this mattress. He did return to our Tempur-pedic but two nights ago asked if we could sleep in the guest room. Well, we have been there since! I think we are going to change mattresses and put the Tempur-pedic in the guest room. I can't believe this less than $300.00 mattress is replacing our $1500.00 Tempur-pedic of two years. Go figure! I think this is definitely one of the best buys on Amazon!

FYI, this mattress is delivered rolled up quite small. We unrolled it and let it air out and fluff up a day or two before putting the bedding on it. The smell dissipated within two days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, March 12, 2013
I bought this in August 2011 and it's now March 2013. This is a great bed, solid, and comfortable. I've moved twice since I've had it and it is so lightweight that I can carry it by myself. My only complaint regards a time the bed's form changed for a short period of time. I was sick and literally didn't get out of bed for a week except to use the bathroom and open the door. The cushion indented for a prolonged period, and it was sort of uncomfortable for a while. Since then though, the mattress has gone back to its original shape, and it's as good as new.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE, November 26, 2011
WE HAVE NEVER HAD ONE LIKE THIS BUT HAD SEEM A LOT OF ADS SO DECIDED TO TRY IT AND NOT PUT OUT A LOT OF MONEY.SO WENT FOR THIS. PRICE WAS RIGHT AND WE DO LOVE IT. I DON'T HURT ANTMORE.

5.0 out of 5 stars One year report, August 21, 2012
It's now been about a year since I started using this mattress. I'm happy to report that it's still as great as it was when I first started using it. No permanent indents, "valleys", or any other issues. It's still looks and feels as good as it did when I first bought it. No issues with it being too hot or not breathing enough either (this is in Texas).

Great, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, July 13, 2011
I love this memory foam mattress because it's so comfortable. I sleep better in this one than my other memory foam mattress. It is a little firmer than my other one and it's also a lot lighter and easier to pick up. I have sensitive hips that hurt at night and this mattress keeps them from hurting for the most part. I also like that it stays cooler than my other memory foam. The other one I have gets too hot at night but this one stays cool.

Rate and Discover Movies