1,692 Reviews
 (1,012)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to open!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 5:21 Mins
Published on November 25, 2011 by Benjamin E. Hornecker

Published on February 9, 2012 by wrldtrvlr2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to open!, November 25, 2011
Length:: 5:21 Mins

This is a video on opening the foam mattress. It doesn't hardly smell. It's at 9" thick by the time wee went to bed. Very firm bed and very comfortable. The bed does roll out upside down so you need to flip it over so that the bumpy side is down. I can officially say that we are done with spring mattresses. It came in 2 days thanks to amazon prime. We also purchased the "Sleep Tite PREMIUM Universal Fit Mattress Protector - 100% Waterproof-Eliminates Dust Mites -15 Year Warranty, CAL KING" seemed like a good idea for a foam mattress. Will update on how the sleeps go since that would seem like a boring video of me sleeping.

update 12/8/11- My wife and I have been sleeping on this for quite a bit now. My back does hurt but its a different kind of hurt since I can tell that my back is aligning itself back to how its supposed to be. My posture has dramatically improved and I can tell that I am not in the kind of lower back pain that used to be in. I'm not sure how much longer my back pain will endure but I can tell that it is from this bed and that the pain is good. I can tell that this bed is helping my back get to where its supposed to be. As far as my wife she just had a baby and has periodic back pain and also can tell that the bed is making here back into the correct position. She doesn't get back pain from sleeping in it like I do but every so often she can tell that her back has righted itself. The pain is similar to doing a hard work out and your muscles being sore the day after. You just know that things are how they are supposed to be. So with all this said I will update again in the future.
ob
update 1/6/12- My back feels amazing I haven't taken any aleve in 4 days. My wife says my back looks like it has a six pack. I do heavy lifting at my job and use a back brace. Worth the money love the bed probably the last update unless something goes wrong with the bed but I highly doubt it.

1.0 out of 5 stars I have owned this mattress for 5 months and update on previous post, February 9, 2012
This is an update: Well I posted a wonderful review on this mattress and slept on it for months and have enjoyed it. Last month I noticed my back hurting when I get up in the morning. I thought maybe something I was doing during the day and left the idea alone. Well last week I started looking at my mattress and noticed when I got up there was large impression and it wasn't going back up. A couple of hours later I checked on the mattress and it still had a deep impression and very soft.Not what I want after 5 months.I looked at my warranty paper-no phone number, address-Nothing. BUYER BEWARE

5.0 out of 5 stars Significant upside down discovery...very comfortable now!, November 8, 2011
This review is from: LUCID 10 Inch Memory Foam Mattress - 100% CertiPUR-US Certified Foam - 25-Year Warranty - QUEEN (Kitchen)
I bought this Lucid 10" memory foam mattress in mid-October, and to me it always seemed a bit firm. Although comfortable, it did seem firm. I read several reviews, and several people have mentioned how firm this mattress is. Compared to another memory foam mattress I've owned, it indeed felt firm. I thought maybe it just needed a good break in period.

DISCOVERY!!!! Tonight, I just made a significant discovery while making my bed. The mattress was shipped with the outside washable cover upside down. By orienting the cover, I placed the mattress upside down on my bed when I received it. The "rough" side is supposed to go down, so that's what I did. I wondered why the mattress never really seemed to reach the full 10 inches, and this is why. The soft memory foam layer was on the bottom. Once I took the outside cover off and got the soft side on the correct side of the mattress, it is now like a cloud of heavenly bliss. The mattress now does that hand print thing like you see in all the pictures and videos.

I'm not sure how the outside cover mix up occurred, but if you buy this mattress, make sure the soft memory foam squishy layer is right side up. This will make all the difference in how this mattress feels.

5.0 out of 5 stars SHOCKED at the comfort!, January 16, 2012
We bought this mattress for our guest room. We just wanted an inexpensive, fairly comfortable mattress. FAIRLY comfortable was the goal - we don't want our guests to wear out their welcome! LOL .. We had the mattress for three weeks and our son was the only one that had slept on it. He said it was very comfortable. Last week my husband hurt his back and decided to sleep in the guest room because he said the mattress seemed to have more support than our Tempur-pedic. He felt much better after a couple of nights on this mattress. He did return to our Tempur-pedic but two nights ago asked if we could sleep in the guest room. Well, we have been there since! I think we are going to change mattresses and put the Tempur-pedic in the guest room. I can't believe this less than $300.00 mattress is replacing our $1500.00 Tempur-pedic of two years. Go figure! I think this is definitely one of the best buys on Amazon!

FYI, this mattress is delivered rolled up quite small. We unrolled it and let it air out and fluff up a day or two before putting the bedding on it. The smell dissipated within two days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review after 1 year, and 3 year update., August 21, 2012
1 Year Review: It's now been about a year since I started using this mattress. I'm happy to report that it's still as great as it was when I first started using it. No permanent indents, "valleys", or any other issues. It's still looks and feels as good as it did when I first bought it. No issues with it being too hot or not breathing enough either (this is in Texas). Great, highly recommended.

3 Year Update: It's now been over 3 years since we bought it. It now definitely has some minor valleys where we sleep on it. But it's still comfortable enough that we'll keep on using it and have no plans to replace it anytime soon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Large indentation in center after 2 years - returned, August 8, 2013
I purchased the LUCID by Linenspa 10" Memory Foam Firm Viscoelastic queen-sized mattress on October 7, 2011.

I am writing this review to help others who are also having problems with his mattress.

Sometime this year, 2013, only two years after I had purchased it, the mattress started to sink badly in the center, to the point that I cannot sleep on it. There is a permanent "hole" in the center of the mattress.

I somehow found Lucid's warranty policy online. I have attached a link to the pdf file of the warranty.

107.0.39.130/Lucid%20Warranty/Lucid%2025%20year%20Warranty.pdf

I wanted to provide this warranty info for others who need to make a warranty claim, as it seems there are a lot of people who are also having problems with this mattress.
The warranty states that you need to email warranty@lucidmattress.com. It also states that you need to take a picture of the indentation. I emailed Lucid and did get a reply. They asked me to take pictures of my mattress.

I was asked to take two pictures.

1. The first picture was of the indentation in the mattress at least 2 hours after any pressure had been put on it. They want to see how much the mattress returns to normal.

2. The second picture was just after getting off of the mattress. This shows the mattress at its worst, most indented state. This was the harder picture to take, since I would have to wake up, remove the bedding, set up the two rulers, and take a picture quickly.

Here are the steps I took
1. You need to first place something long, thin and flat on the mattress so that it lays horizontally over the indentation, like a bridge. This gives an indication of what horizontal should be if the mattress had no indentation. I used a really long yellow ruler.

2. Then, you need to use a ruler to measure the depth of the indentation in the mattress, from the bottom of the indentation, to the flat "bridge" you just laid across it. I used a second, smaller, silver colored ruler for this purpose.

3. I measured the depth of the indentation by placing the second (small silver) ruler vertically, with its bottom in the bottom of the indentation. I positioned it so that part of the vertical ruler rested against the horizontal (yellow) ruler, so that the vertical ruler could stand on its own. The two rulers together sort of look like an upside down cross. I had to position the vertical ruler a few times to make sure it didn't fall over when I was trying to take a picture.

E-mail Contact history with Lucid

1. I first contacted Lucid on 7/31/2013. I received a reply that day asking for pictures.

2. I sent the photos of my mattress on 8/1/2013.

3. On August 2, 2013, I received a reply from Lucid acknowledging that they had received the pictures of my mattress, but needed additional pictures, this time of my bed frame. So, I took my mattress off the bed frame, and took two pictures of the bed frame: one picture of the frame right side up, and one picture of the frame upside down, showing the legs of the frame. I sent the pictures of the frame that same day.

4. I did not receive a reply, so on August 7, 2013 I wrote to Lucid and asked if they received my email. I received a reply that same day from Lucid. They said they had received the pictures of my bed frame, and had forwarded my request to LinenSpa, but that they had not heard back from LinenSpa yet. Lucid said they would let me know as soon as they have heard from LinenSpa.

5. On 8/8/2013 I received a full refund from Lucid/LinenSpa.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS MATTRESS IS A STEAL!, February 27, 2011
This bed is a steal, (meaning it's a great buy for the money!) if you like firm mattress's it will be great. Ignore the review that said it's like a rock, it's firm, but comfortable firm. With the memory foam on top, it's a great sleep. I was skeptical about purchasing a mattress before I could lay on it and test it out, but the other reviews sold me. Believe me when I say, for the price you pay, it's a GREAT mattress. Especially since you get a 20 year warranty, you can't beat it. I bought the queen size for my Fiance and I. If you roll or toss and turn you can't feel each other moving, it's basically a tempur pedic for 3000$ cheaper. Of course the Tempur is going to be a little softer, but not that much softer for 3000$ more. I laid on the Cloud supreme from tempur pedic, and then when I laid on mine, I could barley tell a difference. I have back problems because of a car accident I was in, and the first night I woke up a little weird, but after I woke up I was fine. It will take a few days to get used to, I think thats where the person went wrong who wrote the bad review. BUT BEWARE it is a little firm again, but nothing like a rock. It's very comfortable and forms to your body. It takes about 8 hours to expand, and there is a smell but it's not THAT BAD, All foam mattress's have that smell. It's a clean smell at that. Also it comes with a mattress cover, that you can remove and wash. Like I said this mattress is a steal, and I WOULD RECOMMEND it to anyone who is interested in it. I am very pleased with it. You could buy a spring mattress for 500$ that breaks down in 7 years and gives you aches and pains, or a 250$ mattress foam that never breaks down with a 20! year! warranty! Believe it or not, I don't work for this company. As funny as it may seem, that has to say something. Good luck shopping, hope that this helped!

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressions After a Week, January 23, 2012
Pros:

Quick shipping with Amazon Prime.
Great value for around $250 full size.
I find it very comfortable for sleeping on my side.
The Lucid is very quiet (not creaky at all) and is really good about not transferring much motion.
Mattress has been "broken in", it was very comfortable on the knees, got good traction, worked better than expected.

Cons:

It smells and it even gave the blanket a noticeable smell.
I have not found this mattress comfortable sleeping on my back (so far). My rump seems to float on top making it feel like sleeping on a bit of an arch.
Don't like it for sleeping on stomach either. Facing nose down makes the smell seem a lot worse.
The edge is too soft for sitting, you tend to slide off (not a big issue since beds are for sleeping not sitting).

Possible Cons:

I suspect that this mattress might retain too much heat come Summer.
I suspect that this mattress will get softer (maybe too soft) come warmer weather.
I doubt this thing will really last 20 years, hope I'm wrong. It would still be an excellent value if it only lasted 10 years.

Comments:

After sleeping on the Lucid mattress for a week I went back to my firm innerspring mattress. The Lucid is much better for side sleeping but I prefer the firm mattress for stomach or back sleeping. There are enough cons that I'd give it 3 and a half stars instead of 4 if that were possible. A pillow under the knees might improve the back sleeping issue. The smell is getting better with time and that is the biggest issue so 4 stars seems like the best choice. I'm not having an issue with the "sinking in" some people report, getting out takes only slightly more effort than with a regular mattress (this could change if the thing goes all soft in the Summer). I've slept in 4 beds recently and this is my second favorite (not bad if you factor in cost). My favorite mattress was a firm innerspring with a plush top but that mattress was over twice the cost of this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars this mattress is a scam and horrible quality, July 20, 2014
I bought this mattress for the price and easy delivery options of amazon. I liked it at first and have had it for over a year now and it sags horribly in the middle. I might as well be sleeping in a hammock. I'm starting to have back problems now and wanted to return it and either get a new one or my money back from their "25 year warranty" There is absolutely NO number to call listed on their website. there is only a contact us form that you fill out and they get back to you when they can. Okay, I decided to try this I wrote my complaint and filled out all the info in the contact form, but when I hit the send message button nothing happened. Really? So the one way that I can contact them doesn't even work? Well I just scammed out of 300 dollars, they sold me a product they KNEW would stop working after a year with a bogus 25 year warranty. Run away from this product, I wouldn't recommend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best bed I ever slept in, April 5, 2012
The in-laws gave us 48 hours notice before a visit. We figured the queen air mattress might not be comfortable enough for them, but, with no time to spend shopping, I turned to Amazon.com. Some study of the details and reviews had me ordering this particular brand and size, hoping for the best.

The best is what I got! It arrived THE NEXT DAY in a long box. While awkward and heavy, this smallish (but strong) middle-aged woman was able to drag it up one flight of stairs. I did pay some attention to the reviews that provided some direction in opening the package, and I was glad I did. The mattress started to expand RAPIDLY, so if I hadn't been ready to open it in its proper place and orient it correctly, it would have been very hard to move it around. I wasn't able to give it the recommended full 24 hour to expand before dressing the bed, but I measured it to its full 10 inches within 12 hours.

Some reviews indicated there is a strong smell. There is a smell, but I likened it to a new car interior smell--a bit "rubbery." I left the bed undressed with a fan on it and an air purifer running in the room. Before I dressed the bed, I sprayed it with a odor neutralizer. Before the in-laws showed up, I burned a neutralizer candle. It seemed to be gone within a day or so.

Its only been a month now. I will be looking for the mildew tht one reviewer reported. Hope I don't find it because this mattress is better than the one on my own bed--which costs thousands of dollars.

Some reviews indicated the mattress was too hard. I was worried about that, so I got a two-inch mattress topper from Target. When I laid on the finished bed, it seemed firm, but comfortable. I don't know if it is too hard without the mattress topper.

Some reviews say it is too warm. Well, I am in Pa in the winter, and it is still going into the 30s at night, so I have no idea if it will be too warm.

Now, my in-laws loved it and every other guest that has stayed with me also claims they have the best sleep on that bed! My daughter ends up in that room when she has had a tough soccer game. I tried it last night for the first time, and ended up over-sleeping my alarm!

Update. Easter Weekend. I had the door closed for the week, and walked in to a warm room and a strong "rubber" smell. Still not unpleasant, just surprising, given the length of time since it was put on the bed. Opened the windows and put on the fan, and the smell was gone in short order.

Update. End of summer. Daughter used the room every day while home for the summer. Her major complaint? "It is hard to get out of the bed because it is so comfortable." Other daughter still uses it when she has aches and pains from her athletics (so do I). It did seem "warmish" a few nights over the summer, but we do not have central air in our home, and we did have a heat wave this summer. I plan to rotate the bed in Oct (6 months from purchase) to ensure even wear. I am hoping I won't find anything (like mold) as some other reviewers reported.