5.0 out of 5 stars Top Mancini at the Keep of Other Film-Noir TV Series
They call us lucky - you and I - and everyone who had the chance to listen to this album since the 60s. Here is a hint: don't buy any Mancini compilation, buy all Mancini originals from the 60s and 70s. It's a must! "Mr.Lucky" is the leading track but all material is classy and worth listening.
Published on December 15, 2002 by Carlos from Rio

3.0 out of 5 stars A Blast From The Past
I bought this collection by Henry Mancini for my sister because she was an ardent fan of the old TV program, "Mr. Lucky." In addition to the TV programs, she loved the accompanying music by Mancini. Personally, the music are not my cup of tea, but admittedly, they can be enjoyable and soothing on the nerves after a frenetic day at work or anykind of busy,...
Published 18 months ago by Steve H

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Mancini at the Keep of Other Film-Noir TV Series, December 15, 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Mancini revisited, October 16, 2000
This review is from: Mr Lucky (Audio CD)
When I was younger, back in the early '60's, my parents had a couple of albums that they shared with me--Mr. Lucky and Mr. Lucky goes Latin. The swaying upbeat moods of Hendy Mancini from both of those albums still sticks with me, even 30 years later. Some of the instruments that were used were just enough to wonder where this genius gets his inspiration...

4.0 out of 5 stars I Remember, March 15, 2004
This review is from: Mr Lucky (Audio CD)
This is the music from a show I watched with my parents as a boy at 10 years old yet the melody of Mr. Lucky still sticks with me. I barely remember what the program was about (maybe a casino owner/private eye) but the theme song stuck with me. And that cat. That longed neck black winking cat...

5.0 out of 5 stars Music With The Mancini Beat and Rhythm, February 15, 2002
Charles McVey "macvolant" (Huntington Beach, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr Lucky (Audio CD)
I bought this album when it first came out and have not been able to listen to it since the early '60s. I can't descrive how anxious I am for the CD to arrive. After all these years I can still hear this music in my head. If you enjoy Mancini's music, this is a real find. For me, this is among his best work.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic, July 31, 2010
This review is from: Music from Mr. Lucky (Audio CD)
Have you ever had this experience? You find a piece of music, or better, a bunch of music by a composer. You like it. But you don't know why and at first you don't want to. Why understand when you can roll in joy and mystery.

Well, I have been doing so at the very end of Henry Mancini's coat tails for a while. Albums of his I have had for years but have nipped at tiny bits at a time.

But even the smallest of tastes--Days of Wine & Roses, Music of Peter Gunn,Hatari eventually make a mouth full.

That final bite was Mr. Lucky. When I understood the wonder of Henry Mancini's music by hearing, not thinking. You actually find a lot of common threads listening to this man's work -- the most common is the blues. Every permutation, twist and turn, dressed in orcehstration, guitars, cha cha, jazz. Not everything Mancini composed has a blues base, but play a soundtrack or proper album of his and it won't be long before Mr. Blue shows his head.

Mr. Lucky has its share of the blues, along with symphonic textures, , high end cocktail and late 1950s, early 1960s exotica.

Mancini, for much of his career, stayed in a world before rock and roll, even after rock became the center of pop culture. Even after it did, the orchestral song that Mancini worked in was, literally, music for supermarkets and elevators. No light jazz, no lite FM, this is what the pedestrian world sounded like.

Mancini informed this with jazz swing, and what may sound like shlock to modern and greenhorn ears is anything but if you listen a little closer. It is the swing, the flutes, the hockey rink organ, all the little games and spices thrown care free that makes Mr. Lucky, along with all of Mancini's music, relate to ears--open ears ready and able to stretch from 1960 to 2010.

Mr Lucky will soon show, the extension will give tenfold payback

5.0 out of 5 stars Mancini at His Best, August 22, 2010
This review is from: MR LUCKY (OST) (Audio CD)
Mr Lucky is the sound track to a television series that ran for about two years in the late 1950's. The TV series did not last, but the music is Mancini at his best. Several of the pieces are descriptions of the Unique characters in the series. All the music in the C-D is Instrumental. If you like Henry Mancini or soft jazz sounds this is the album to buy. This sound track is the fore runner to Mr. Lucky. If you like the Mr Lucky CD you will love this CD. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Mancini TV score, June 14, 2010
R. J. Reding (Sioux Falls, SD, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MR LUCKY (OST) (Audio CD)
While I barely remember the Mr. Lucky TV series I have long been a fan of the Mancini soundtrack. My only other copy of this music was a prerecorded reel to reel tape that I enjoyed until I no longer had a tape player. I was very pleased to find this CD on Amazon as I have long been searching for a copy of this music.

The Mr. Lucky score is in the same genre as Mancini's earlier and more popular score for the Peter Gun TV series, but has a different character and is more lush and mellow than the more driving jazz of Peter Gun. If you enjoy the Peter Gun music this is definitely a CD to own. There are short cuts of the Mr. Lucky theme music on other Mancini anthology CDs, but this is the entire series music and has many tracks that are unavailable anywhere else.

Mancini was a great jazz composer and his music for the 1950s cop shows, Peter Gun and Mr. Lucky was some of his best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mancini's magical music, November 12, 2013
E. Parduhn (South Bend, In.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MR LUCKY (OST) (Audio CD)
Henry Mancini at his best. The most beautiful music to relax by and enjoy for years to come. O would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia at its best, September 1, 2013
This review is from: MR LUCKY (OST) (Audio CD)
Music still great - brings back many 50"s memories - If you're a nostalgia buff, this album is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Supurb!, March 6, 2013
This review is from: Mr Lucky (MP3 Music)
Henry Mancini at his best. I'm 61 years old and can't stand the trash can banging music created these days. This album, created for the Mr. Lucky TV series is something I've been looking for. My dear old dad used to play it, back in the 60's, on an LP so much that he wore out the grooves. Glad it's back out in MP3

MR LUCKY (OST)
MR LUCKY (OST) by Henry Mancini (Audio CD)
Rate and Discover Movies