Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LYD CM203CA Mini Spy Camera with Audio
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on March 19, 2012
Plugged this in through RCA cables to the tv, got a picture - I was excited! - no sound - dang. I panned the camera around the room to see how it would look in different light settings, after about 2 minutes the picture cut out. I gently jiggled the camera wires and the picture came back on. 1 minute later the picture died and never came back on. While it was briefly working I held it close to my mouth doing a "test-1-2-3", never got any sound.

The picture quality was average to poor, very grainy, color was bright. It did poorly in shadows even though the rest of the room was brightly lit. With bright lights it would do ok. The instructions said it can be focused to adjust the picture, but I never saw a means to focus it. Perhaps twisting the lens is the trick, but I never got that far as the picture died quickly.

I didn't open the small camera unit, but the wires coming out of it are VERY thin. The jack has 1 white (audio), 1 yellow (video), and 1 red (power). The power supply has a small green LED to indicate it is plugged in.

I immediately submitted to Amazon for a replacement, and it has already shipped. Good thing I kept the original shipping box as I'll use that to return the first defective one. We'll see how the replacement one works out.

UPDATE:
Received the second one, plugged it in, and it worked as it should. I also tested the sound and that works. The picture is grainy with washed out colors, but it is satisfactory for my needs. It still does not do good in low light.

UPDATE #2 11NOV2012
Disappointed. Night before Halloween I tested it and it worked. The very next night, the whole reason I got this, it didn't work. All I got on the tv was a blue screen, even after power on/off, and verifying the cables and input.
77 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2012
I recieved this camera via usps very promptly and it was packaged very neatly and no damage was done (or could be done, the way that they packaged it) to the camera. As was promised and expected, it was a snap to set up (just plug in power and a/v cables and a tv) and has great audio and video quality. I have been using it now for a couple of weeks now, and have had no problems with it thus far.

The only things that didn't really like about this product were as follows:

1. a/v, power, and microphone wires ran out the back of the camera, making it hard to mount to a flat surface like a wall. (also, you are a fool if you expect mounting hardware with this product. It only comes with the camera, the power cord, a 9volt battery adapter, and a small manual/waranty card.)

2. The microphone IS NOT ATTACHED to the camera. it should be pretty obvious from the picture, but i just wanted to make sure everyone took notice to this fact.

THE 2 TINGS LISTED ABOVE DO NOT HINDER PERFORMANCE OF THIS AWESOME CAMERA IN ANY WAY.

OVERALL, this is a great prduct (especially for such a low price) and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good, cheap camera. The 2 things listed above are not really flaws, they are more like things that i would love to see fixed on a newer version of this awesome camera. This is a great camera for home surveillance or whatever you need it for.
on May 9, 2013
My neighbors rifeling through my trash cans at night and the dogs that where digging in my yard. I was able to record directly to dvr for evidence.
on April 17, 2014
This is great if what you need to record is close to or in an area near your TV. I need something that I could mount to a ceiling -- but without plugs hanging from it. To use this camera, I need a really long plug just to hook to the yellow plug for video. Kinda defeats the purpose of 'spy camera' if the perpetrators can see all these plugs leading to a camera.
on April 9, 2016
Sorry but this item was not what I expected at all. Not even good instructions shipping was on time but packaging was not so good. The person who helped me install it needed me to purchase other items to make it work. The picture was so fuzzy and just not a good Spy Camera when you can't tell or seen the person you are spying on.
on March 19, 2014
This camera works quite well when it cool, but it overheats quite often and stops working for a few hours at a time, even in the winter. I have it mounted on a window with some tape. I will try to change the way it is mounted with hopes of alleviating this problem.

It has pretty good resolution for a tiny, inexpensive camera.
on March 17, 2014
I HAVE THIS SETUP AT HOME ALONG WITH THE LITTLE BLUE DVR I BOUGH HERE FROM AMAZON, ITS CALLED C-DVR AND THEY WORK PERFECT TOGETHER I JUST HAD TO BUY AN EXTRA ADAPTER FOR THE VIDEO CABLE BECAUSE THE DVDR CAME ONLY WITH A WEIRD ADAPTER NOT REGULAR RCA LOL
on December 12, 2013
Video is what you'd expect from a camera the size of a quarter and for this price range (grainy at indoor lighting conditions, colors washed out). I can't comment on the audio as the mic fell off before it was ever installed (less than an hour from unboxing). Two very tiny wires and their tiny solder points are the only thing that attaches the mic to the camera.
For my application it works fine as video is just for reference and no audio necessary - high fidelity really isn't a concern. YMMV
on January 25, 2011
got this camera cause it was so cheap. it works very well. very satisfied. just plugs right into any rca cord into your tv. great picture, very tiny, but hard to mount.
99 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2013
These little cameras are great when you consider their cost. Night vision is very poor, but daytime vision is just great. I have two of them hooked into my security system and they have been working good without any problems.

4/14/14 Update: well its been over a year now and these things are still working great. Still great day and bad night images, but considering their cost they've been a great value to me.