4.0 out of 5 stars Good indoor daylight camera
I bought 2 of these, then ordered a 3rd. They are cheap cameras which work well in daylight. They have good low-light capability too. But forget about the night vision. You can barely see the outline of an object just a few feet from the camera.

Published on February 6, 2012 by Lloyd W. Hayes

3.0 out of 5 stars Picture is actually pretty nice for the size
Published 23 months ago by Jerry Helsing

4.0 out of 5 stars Good indoor daylight camera, February 6, 2012
This review is from: LYD CM208CA Mini Camera with Audio (Electronics)

My main complaint about this camera is the mounting system. You must remove the mounting bracket. The bracket is attached to the camera with 2 very tiny screws. I ordered a 3rd camera because I dropped 2 of these mounting screws, 1 at a time, and couldn't find them. These small mounting screws will fit under my fingernail. The camera should have a different mounting bracket.

Bottom line is that this is a nice general purpose daylight indoor camera which is cheap. Just keep a magnet close by when you mount it. The night I.F. lights should not be a consideration in your purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality picture, May 3, 2011
This review is from: LYD CM208CA Mini Camera with Audio (Electronics)
More than I expected for the money.
The black dots are just plugs to seal the holes other models need for night vision.
This one dosent have night vision.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'EYES ON IT', March 24, 2011
Love it!!!
1).Simple and clear instructions.
2).Easy to set up and use w/VCR or DVD.
3).Great picture for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Image, Great Price., August 31, 2012
C. Martinez (Cabarete, Dominican Republic) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LYD CM208CA Mini Camera with Audio (Electronics)
We have a 16 channel DVR with some extra open channels. I wanted an inexpensive camera to mount in a cabinet to monitor the electric meter. I just plugged it in this afternoon, and it is not at all what I was expecting. The image is fantastic. The audio is clear and crisp. All through a 100' cable. For $14 I am impressed! The cameras that came with the security system are washed out by comparison. Made for "night" vision they have no IR filter so plants and clothing are shown in false color. This little camera has as good or better resolution, rich vibrant color, and a better image in twilight than the others that range in cost from $30 to $60. For a tiny camera, the case is metal and surprisingly heavy and solid feeling. We'll see how it does at night, but since we have low wattage security lighting outside I expect it will be fine for what we need. The only knock is that it's not a weather resistant camera. But at this price and size it should be easy to make a watertight enclosure for it. A two inch PVC pipe should be sufficient in most cases I would think. I am placing an order for 5 more tomorrow!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Camera with Audio, January 10, 2013
This review is from: LYD CM208CA Mini Camera with Audio (Electronics)
Tiny and indiscreet. Picks up sound very well and the video is surprisingly clear. This could be placed almost anywhere you need to use such an item. I was going to put it to use in a nursing home situation but unfortunately never had time before it was no longer needed. I am glad I purchased it and would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Picture is actually pretty nice for the size, September 18, 2012
This review is from: LYD CM208CA Mini Camera with Audio (Electronics)
I got this camera for security in my shed due to missing items. It was very easy to install and hide so that it wasn't able to be seen unless you were looking for it. I then hooked it up to an old VCR we had stored in the attic. The picture is quite good for the size. I do wish that there was a USB version of the camera with a motion sensor capability because it really wasn't fun to watch the video to capture many hours of nothing for days to find 60 seconds with someone taking a flat head screwdriver. Now, it told me who was taking my stuff, but if it had a built in motion sensor and was connected to a computer, I would have saved myself many hours of headache.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing little camera, June 13, 2012
This review is from: LYD CM208CA Mini Camera with Audio (Electronics)
I got this little thing because of the price. And it turned out to work like a charm very clear and easy to set up. The instructions were very clear also. There was one minor problem no screws but even if there were screws i would not damage the walls in my house.
P.S. if this happens to you to use the 3M product with stickiness on both of the sides.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little spy camera..., October 4, 2011
Sabine Montero (Estado Miranda - Venezuela) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LYD CM208CA Mini Camera with Audio (Electronics)
I have this little camera installed at the front door of my house, it works great, has a very good image. Haven't used the audio, no big deal, don't need it. I can receive the reception on my PC with a video card adapter or can watch it on my TV with no problem. Now I can see who is knocking on my door, and can decide to open or not. LOL! I am very happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy for price, May 25, 2012
This review is from: LYD CM208CA Mini Camera with Audio (Electronics)
I ordered four cameras to use with a four channel DVR that I had sitting on the self, so could not pass on the price when I saw them. I noticed in other reviews that the little black dots are nothing but plugs and had no function (possibly for IR LEDs for another model). Upon opening the boxes, I noticed that the cameras do have IR LEDs installed. I checked the model marked on the box and they are the same model as ordered. So, I guess this is a bonus for me. Maybe all newer models ship with the IR's. The camera specs state that the camera is powered by 12VDC, however all the units I received have 9VDC adapters included. I guess this should be okay, as the cameras most likely regulate this source voltage down to on lower internal working voltage, i.e. 5VDC or the like. A spec sheet is included. As others had noted, there is no mounting screw, just a tilting base mounted to the camera with three holes for screws, etc. I tested one camera directly connected to a monitor and was satisfied with the picture. The camera can be focused by turning the lens, screwing it in or out. There is a lens cap that you will need to remove (if it doesn't fall off anyway). I tested the camera by placing it in a parts storage room and have good results. The bonus IR LED's might as well be little black do nothing dots. The IR does work, but the subject need to be pretty darn close. Don't expect to have night vision here, but as with any CCTV camera you can always add an IR flood light. There was one reviewer that said he/she had ordered three or four cameras and one was bad out of the box. I have not tested all four yet but the two I have tested are okay. I will do an update if I find any issues later. I gave the camera 4 out of 5 only because the cameras shipped with a power adapter that is not what the specs called for as well as the spec sheets are a little confusing (there are two image device models available - 1/4" CCD or 1/3" CMOS, but there is no indication which the camera has). - Rick

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good basic indoor camera!, December 8, 2012
This review is from: LYD CM208CA Mini Camera with Audio (Electronics)
If you are looking for a basic no frill's camera, this is it! We us this for monitoring a supply room at my place of work and it works just fine! The screen image is a bit grainy, but works well! For the price, it just cant be beat! If your looking high quality image and night vision, you will need to spend alot more money and look elsewhere! Pair this camera up with a VideoSecu 50 Feet Power Video Audio Security Camera Cable Wire with Free BNC RCA Adapter 1JC , and you got a nice basic cheap, Video system. A very good deal at a low cost!! Have fun!

LYD CM208CA Mini Camera with Audio