Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on December 3, 2010
I cut this device a lot a slack in terms of criticism because it was so inexpensive (under $40). It works as described and, with a little tedious fine tuning, it delivers a pretty clear picture.
But, it could be a lot better. The camera lens zoom and focus is pre-set and not adjustable. The only way to change the zoom is to physically move the camer back or forth. This makes finding a place to hide the camera much more difficult and challanging. The mounting bracket also adds to the challenge--it doubles the height of the unit, and is intended to be mounted with the included, tiny wood wood screws. Using the the knob on the receiver to fine tune the reception from the transmitter is what migraines are made of--keep the Tylenol handy. It's similar to trying to fine tune the dial on an am clock radio with week reception. When used with a Slingbox this camera makes a pretty neat nanny cam--the live feed can be viewed from any web browser or from a smart phone (e.g. iphone, blackberry) and can be recorded to PC if desired.
on May 23, 2011
I am trying to go through one wall with this. I stuck the receiver on my TV and the camera to the outside door of my house (behind the window) I get a good picture and a good viewing angle, but it flickers a lot. It kinda looks like a surveillance camera in a horror movie. In fact when i first unpacked it it placed it in my living room and connected it to my tv in the bedroom to mess with it. It was late at night and I kinda freaked myself out.

A few things to note, this is not secure. If you have a neighbor with a 2.4 ghz video receiver it is possible for them to pick up the feed from your device. These are not outdoor, and they look kind of fragile. If the focus stinks turn the knob on the camera lenses to focus. The receiver is wall mountable so you can hang it behind the television with no issue. I found that pointing the antenna on the receiver tword the camera will make a bit of a difference in the picture quality. It black and white an does fairly well in the dark. The microphone has good pickup.

My biggest complaint is the video footage looks like something from Paranormal Activity, it has some flicker and scan issues and even when bolted down the image wiggles from side to side a little.

It is an okay baby monitor, its okay for seening when the mailman comes or watching those huge bugs flying around your door. You get what you pay for in this case though.

Its been running for about a week and a half on one battery so far with no change in signal quality.
on February 4, 2014
Used this to stream to dvr in a remote location. Works in a building up to 50 Ft away without signal loss, any more than that would be pushing the cameras limits. Good picture, small unit easy to hide. Would definately buy again.
on October 21, 2013
i strapped this unit onto the back of my camper so i could see while backing and changing lanes. it works OK but not at all in the dark. you would need to add some bright lights to the back up area if night use is intended. a 1600 MAH battery will lasts for about 5 hrs on it.
on August 20, 2015
Horrible. I ordered this unit a while ago and didn't need it until recently. I wish that I had tested it while I could have returned it. This thing is absolutely useless. The video quality is terrible, lots of interference and sync lines passing through the image, but that's not the worst thing. The range is less than 10 feet. It might go up to 12 for one of the four channels, maybe, on a good day...if you're lucky. Do not buy this piece of junk.
on June 30, 2014
I wanted something inexpensive and was very surprised to find this quality at this price. I encountered a problem with interference but quickly saw what caused it and reoriented the receiver and that problem was fixed. I have experimented with different uses and it has performed well in all cases. I have it set where there are two walls and about 50 feet distance between transmitter and receiver and it works very well.
on March 10, 2016
K so I plugged it in and turned on the tv and nothing, so I try to adjust the tuner, and still nothing. So I go on here and read other people having the same problem, and adjust the frequency on the dip switches in the back. So I look on the back and there's no dip switches but really tiny screws and a sticker that says 3. Not sure if that is the channel but it still isn't working and I'm not taking it apart to get it to work, what a waist cause I love how tiny it is.
on June 14, 2015
does not operate 4 cameras and it don't work like the older 1 did and I gave myself a headache just working with it to finally get a fuzzy picture and I placed it in many areas to make sure there was no signal lose or corruption...
on January 3, 2013
I got it up and running in about 10 minutes. I like it and will keep it.

The biggest two cons for me are: 1) If you go too far from the receiver you get a shaky image, and by too far I mean not that far at all. and 2)Not having nightvision.

But knowing I can buy another camera and add to this system, it makes an excellent day camera. Used an extension cord because adapter cord was a little short, and it works great. Simple set up.
on January 30, 2014
Cheap camera but does the job. The only thing I would suggest is to buy an extension cord and plan on using it. I looked for a longer ac/doc cord but was unable. I waited a long time after purchasing this product to make sure it worked.