Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: La Canadienne Women's Mazy Knee-High Boot
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 17, 2014
I've been looking for a pair of stylish but warm and waterproof winter boots. I really wanted a pointy toe with small wedge heel (I really dislike round toes on me) but apparently that doesn't exist (I checked out almost all the brands on Zappos). I own another pair of La Canadienne boots that are rugged and not so stylish, but waterproof enough so I thought I would start with that brand (plus they are from my hometown!. Two other styles that I considered before settling on the Mazy: the Ivana (wedge heel looked to chunky), and the Miranda (what is with that elastic panel?). I went with the Mazy in the end because it had decent reviews and an almond toe (closest I could get to pointy toe...).

I'm very happy with this boot - I am a true size 8.5 but sometimes buy a size 9 to accommodate my wider-than-average feet. After reading reviews (and noting that the pair I already owned were a size 9 but felt a little large), I went with a size 8.5. This fits perfectly with a thin pair of socks - width-wise it has been comfortable as well, no breaking-in needed. I have small calves and ankles and these boots fit me quite snugly. I currently live in Edmonton, Canada - far north with snow, ice, and cold weather. The sole and heel provide excellent traction in the snow (though not perfect on ice, or on a grocery store floor where someone has spilled rice...) and I feel confident that I won't slip when walking around (I walk quickly and take long strides). The boots are also warm - I have walked around in -20C weather while my toes stayed pretty toasty. Granted I didn't have to be outside for an extremely long period so I'm not sure how that will fare yet. The buttons are a nice touch though I'm not sure if they will show under my straight leg dress pants - I've been wearing them mostly with skinny bottoms.

The suede is a little hard to take care of because it scuffs easily but it's not too bad. One little issue I had - there is a vertical seam that runs up the front of the boot from the toe. At the top of my right boot, the fabric doesn't come together exactly so it isn't a nice horizontal line across the front of my leg, it's slightly wobbly... Luckily it's not overly noticeable and I didn't exchange them because I didn't have the time (had these shipped to a relative in the States that I was visiting) but I would have expected that stitching to be perfect on such an expensive boot. Nevertheless I am still satisfied with my purchase and look forward to wearing these for many winters to come.
on October 6, 2012
This boot does it all! Very comfy, which is my first priority. I typically wear an 8 but some of my la Canadienne boots have run small so I've had to go up a half size. These fit true to size. I was worried about the heel height but having a slight platform makes the heel not an issue. They look great with dresses, both casual and more dressy, tunics and leggings, as well as with jeans tucked in. They are very warm and great in snow and water as well. These will be my go to boots this winter for sure.
on January 9, 2013
Hi there, I rarely write reviews. They are time consuming and I frankly don't have the time, but I HAD to write a review about these boots. I've had so many pairs of boots over the years - some designer, some not...and I have NEVER had a pair more comfortable, more elegant, and more well put together than Mazy Knee High boots. Yes, they are expensive but you will have them forever - hopefully. La Canadienne is a really good brand also so they are built to last. They are also waterproof which makes it a HUGE bonus for me. I don't have to worry about getting my feet wet if it rains. The suede is luxurious, and they are lined with a warm fleece which keeps your leg and foot really warm. Oh, and they are true to size. I live in Manhattan, and walk everywhere. I literally could walk in these all day long with no problems, despite the 3" heels. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone. :) You'll never regret getting them.
on November 25, 2013
I have the worst feet possible. My feet are on the wide end of medium, I have broken both of them, have Morton's neuromas in both of them, arthritis in my left big toe and plantar fasciitis in my left foot. I never thought I would be able to wear a pair of fashionable heels, ever again, much less a beautiful pair of black suede boots with a 3" heel. And then I found La Canadienne's Mazy boot. To say that I love this boot would be an understatement. These boots have re-invigorated my wardrobe and I can wear them all day long. The first couple of times I wore them I had to take them off after a few hours to ease the pain in my arthritic toe. But after that, I could wear them for 8-10 hours at a stretch without any issues whatsoever. I have received tons of compliments on them and I feel like a million bucks when I wear them. Also, for those of you out there who worry about being able to zip boots up over your calves, I have normal (not skinny) calves and I can get these zipped without worrying about breaking the zipper! Ya-hoo.
on December 2, 2015
I love these boots. I will say the 'Charcoal' color is really just a brown suede. I was hoping for Grey but they are not Grey or Steel or Charcoal at all. I bought 3 different boots from Amazon and picked these based upon reviews and answers to my questions. I returned the other two pairs of boots (NOT THIS BRAND) and I am keeping these. I have worn them 3 or 4 times already and love them. They fit me perfectly! I'm 5'2" and wear a size 5.5M. They fit my little ankle and my calves beautifully. They have NOT stretched out and are snug for winter. I would get them in Grey in heartbeat as another alternative. These are quality boots.
on November 5, 2014
I am just adding another 5 stars to this boot reviews! Now I finally understand what others were talking about.
WHY? After a long journey of returning deliveries I finally found a perfect must have suede black boots. Trust me, it's not easy to find a good boots for
I am 5' 1" with under 13" calf circumference, size 6,5 (M) and this boots fits perfectly. OK, it's still a bit loose at the top but it still looks soooo good, especially if I am using my skinny jeans.
And the length is also perfect, it falls around 1 inch under my knee, which is exactly I was looking for.
If you're a petite girl like me, it will also be perfect for you.
on December 4, 2012
These are the best boots I've ever owned. I bought them last year in black, and even though they are very expensive, I just had to get the gray pair to complement the rest of my dresses, as I have been wearing the black pair almost every day! They are so incredibly comfortable. I have been a wearer of 3 and 4 inch heels my whole life, and I've realized that I just can't do it anymore. My feet ache all the time. So I began my quest to find a beautiful boot with a lower heel. After trying on 30 or so pairs, I finally found La Canadienne Mazy. They are beautiful, without the painful high heels. Yet somehow these still look chic. Long story short, I have just consigned my other 5 pairs of winter boots/booties, and I am the proud owner of a gray pair and a black pair of Mazy boots. SO WORTH IT! After work yesterday I shopped at Target and Whole Foods. And my feet did NOT hurt!!
on December 20, 2015
Super cute boots! I am petite, so the shorter shaft actually compliments me! I had to order a size down to get a smaller calf circumference (my calves are 10.5")...it is still a little loose, but doesn't slouch so they still look great. The charcoal color does look more like a taupe, but it is beautiful and goes with everything. Loved it so much I ordered the black suede too!
on November 23, 2014
I absolutely love these boots. What I have been looking for a long time.

Pros:
High quality Suede

High quality stitch and very well made

Absolutely worth the money and I hope to be wearing these for at least 5 years

Exactly for my skinny calves. If you have really small calves and have had hard time finding boots that are not too wide, you are at the right place. This is perfect.

Great for work. I am a business consultant, and dress in business attire so these are great for the purpose. Can also wear with regular clothes.

Classic and Classy boot

Will keep you warm

Cons:
Cannot wear with jeans tucked in, but it will fit with thin leggings.
on April 8, 2014
The circumference at the top opening for size 8 M is 15.5 inches which is way too wide for my calf even with skinny jean. It needs to be returned. Nevertheless, this boot is suitable for narrow feet like mine.