Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "La Crosse Technology WS-6010U-IT Solar Temperature...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 32% off the $39.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.36 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
La Crosse Technology WS-6010U-IT Solar Temperature & Humidity Station
|Price:||$29.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$9.96 (25%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Indoor temperature & humidity
- Wireless outdoor temperature & humidity
- Solar powered panels on both display & sensor
- MIN/MAX temperature values
- 200 ft. transmission range
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Package Quantity: 1
Top Customer Reviews
I would NOT buy this Station again based on my experience with it. I would look for a Station which can operate on regular batteries and/or an AC adapter; with a more visible display; and with a better selection of methods for installing the sending unit.
However, once setup, the Station works adequately for me. Setup was a hassle, mostly because I didn't read the instructions first.
It is important to do things in the correct order. While you are unpacking, reading the manual etc. set both the sending and receiving unit in bright light to top-off the rechargeable batteries. Then:
1) Set the sending (small) unit and the receiving (large) unit side by side at least several feet away from a computer or TV. Get the "poker" (from the package with the screws) out, and set it beside the sending unit.
2) Take a battery out of the receiving (display) unit (you don't need to take both out), set the switch to "solar" if it isn't already.
3) Turn on the sending unit, by poking a switch through a hole with the "poker"---you may need to wait a few seconds or press more than once till you get a ledgeable reading of the current temp/humidity
4) Re-install the battery in the receiving (display) unit. The two units will sync within a minute. Then you can install the sending unit outside.
Note that if you are too slow in performing the steps, the units will not sycn. You've got to turn both on (which in the case of the receiving unit means to re-install the battery), within about a minute of each other. And again, the order is important---the (small) sending unit must be turned on first.
At first, it is a bit disconcerting when the receiving (display) unit goes blank in low light.Read more ›
Tried contacting La Crosse Customer Service and received a spam like response telling me to troubleshoot per instructions.
We both spent too many hours trying to fix this junk and my follow up email to customer service went unanswered.
They really should have sent a replacement outdoor sensor.
I'll replace with another weather station of higher quality but it will not be La Crosse Technology.
Finally tossed the Indoor Base out in the trash today.
You have to leave the indoor and outdoor stations next to each other for about a week in order for them to stabilize, after that they will work just fine, both of my temperature and humidity readings are to the point of the weather network.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We have two of these. The first one lives in the kitchen with the outside thermometer on the back porch. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Lila Ryan
Works well and from a decent distance away from the transmitter through 3 walls.
I like that the transmitter has a display on it also. Read more
Solar batteries leaked in main unit. Can't get outside temperature and humidity to transmit to inside unit. Set-up is not user friendly.Published 5 months ago by Ronald E. Jacobsen
I hate to jinx it, but so far so good with the LaCrosse temperature station. I was reluctant to buy it given the mixed reviews, but I was also tired of constantly changing out the... Read morePublished 10 months ago by R. Justin Chan
This unit worked intermittently from the start. The indoor temperature/humidity indication is fine, and I like the BIG numbers for the temperature. Read morePublished 12 months ago by MED-REK
I've ordered two of these now : the first transmitter went out after the warranty period, so I ordered another unit instead of just the transmitter as it was cheaper. Read morePublished 12 months ago by sggall
Digits shutoff in low light, batteries change once a year, humidity or temperature can be moved up or down to larger digits depend on what is more important to you.Published 15 months ago by linhtinh