Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: La Crosse Technology WS-9007U-B-IT Wireless Thermometer
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 12, 2011
After too many headaches and bad stories about all the other wireless thermometers I've bought, this one is "The One". All I ever wanted was to know the temperature outside. I'm not running a science lab, I didn't need another clock, I didn't need any alarms going off, I didn't need a display that required me to put on my reading glasses, I didn't want another tech gadget that required me to sift through another user manual and all that other stuff they build into these wireless thermometers. All I wanted was a simple, easy to read display that would give me the temperature outside. The numbers (temperature) on this unit are about 1 1/2 inches tall, very easy to see. The setup is simple, put 2 AAA batteries in the sensor "first" and then put 2 AA batteries in the unit. That's it !! The temperature is accurate. Thank You La Crosse for using the KISS (keep it simple Sherlock)method.
on June 6, 2011
When the days are warm, but the nights and evenings are cool, I was looking for - an outdoor thermometer - to let me know when I could 1) shut off my air conditioning and 2) open my doors and windows to let the cool air in and save on electricity.

Don't laugh. When the breeze is blowing, or the humidity is high or low, sometimes its hard to tell what the true outside temperature really is.

Unfortunately, the reviews on Amazon for regular analog outdoor thermometers weren't very encouraging. Many of these units were inaccurate, of poor build quality, or somewhat hard to read - especially from inside of the house. And the decent ones were also fairly expensive.

But then I happened across this La Cross Wireless Temperature Station. I couldn't have been more thrilled.

An electronic sending unit (about the size of a small disposable lighter or PEZ candy dispenser) goes outside. But the electronic receiving unit stays indoors.

It took me about 15 minutes to set everything up. There's a wall bracket that holds the sending unit - which required two screws and a little bit of drilling. But then I was good to go.

The system works great.

The receiving unit displays both - indoor temperature - and outdoor temperature.

The outdoor unit appears to be fairly accurate - reading within one degree of the temperature displayed on the receiving unit - when both are either indoors or out. (I did this as a test.)

Best of all, I can put the receiving unit - anywhere I want inside of the house - up to 260 feet away from the sending unit so long as the signal is picked up. There's a symbol on the display - confirming that the transmission is being received.

I ended up placing the receiving unit on my desk (which is my dining table at home). That way - I know what the temperature is where I'm sitting - and what the temperature is outside. There's a button on the face -- to toggle back-and-forth between the temperature `out' and `in.'

There's also a `min' and `max' feature -- to record the range of temperatures - both indoors and out.

A little foot swings out on the indoor unit out for desktop use. And there's a hole in the back in case you want to mount it on a wall.

Best of all -- the receiving unit looks and feels -- like a quality digital clock. I couldn't be happier.

With the La Cross Wireless Temperature Station - life just keeps getting - more and more comfortable. Enjoy.
on June 13, 2011
Update 2 years after purchase:
Not only did it continue losing connection quite frequently. Now it gives me very irrational readings. Today it showed me 113 degrees. Well, I live in Massachusetts, not Arizona! I have tried repeatedly to reset the device by removing the batteries in sensor and display, to no avail. Most of the time the temperature reading seems reasonable but at times it just spikes to totally absurd levels, which makes it basically useless.

Original review:
I was looking for a wireless thermometer to measure the temperature in my dog truck, to make sure dogs don't overheat or get too cold. By and large I am very happy with this item. I noticed one issue, however. Every now and then -- and I have been unable to identify a pattern -- the connection between sensor and base gets dropped. After a few minutes it comes back up again. No real big deal but it keeps me from giving this device five starts.
on February 23, 2011
This is a wonderful little thermometer so far..no frills..just the outside temp that reloads about every 30 seconds. I did not want anything but the outside temperature and this has large numerals and easy to see. Great..thanks Amazon..
on January 15, 2013
While the display is large and easy to read and the remote (outdoor) sensor worked fine through the winter, it stopped working approximately 6 months after I installed it. It may have something to do with the high humidity location, but the environment is not outside of the stated tolerances in the documentation.
on August 30, 2011
I bought this so I could monitor the temperature in my chicken coop from my kitchen (100 feet between). I followed the instructions and set it up. That was easy. The units kept losing connection sporadically, and I got annoyed and wanted to give up. I narrowed it down to evenings (when I most wanted readings). I reset them a few times to no avail. Finally, I moved the transmitter to the window where the units could literally "see" each other and all that separates them is plexiglass, one layer of chain link and a thermopane window and it works fine. For the price, it's good. I could have used better instructions and troubleshooting in the package, but it was no biggy to look it up online. At close range, I imagine walls and metal objects aren't an issue, but at 100 feet you better keep the coast clear.
on December 9, 2011
Bought this thermometer to use for our truck that did not come with one. Works great. Placed the outdoor sensor under the front license plate holder. We can now get an indoor and outdoor temperature reading.
on December 8, 2011
I bought this in May, and installed the outdoor sensor under an eave of the porch so it would be out of the direct sunlight. The summer temps weren't reliable, tending to read consistently ten degrees higher than actual. Now that it's winter, and we're experiencing mostly sub-freezing and several sub-zero nighttimes, this unit's shortcomings are outrageous.

This morning the temperature is 14 degree Fahrenheit. The La Crosse thermometer is reading 44 degrees, and this is a typical discrepancy.

It's useless to us.
on December 31, 2011
I bought this to use as a outside temperature reading in my car. I just took the little transmitter and zip tied it behind my car's grill enclosed in a sandwich bag to protect it from the road grime. It works like a charm and the display is clear and easy to read. I like the fact that I know what the temp is inside and outside my vehicle. It displays min and max temp readings which can be reset any time to display the current min and max. The display is small enough to mount using a small piece of velcro to the dash of the car too. The only thing that would be nice to have is a backlight like a wrist watch. The guage is a great buy for the money.
on July 18, 2011
If you are looking for an accurate thermometer, this is not one. After reporting a wide range of reading between two instruments sitting side by side I found out from tech support that a four degree variance is acceptable to them. Not to me!