Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.24 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
La Crosse Technology WS-9029U Wireless Weather Station with Digital Time
|Price:||$19.95 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$10.00 (33%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Indoor temperature/humidity display
- Wireless outdoor temperature display
- Digital clock with 12 or 24 hour time display
- Wireless transmitter includes 6 ft water-proof probe (1 wireless transmitter - 2 remote temperatures)
- Can receive up to 3 sensors and has transmission range of 330 feet
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
What's not entirely clear in the description is that the remote has two sensors: one built into the housing, and a 2nd on a 10 foot cord. The 2nd sensor plugs in and can be removed if not needed.
Prior to installation, I set up the base station and remote (with both sensors) in the same room. Both the base station and main remote temperature agreed to within 0.1 degree, and agreed with other thermometers I have. However, the 2nd sensor consistently reads 1 to 2 degrees higher. So I have some doubts about the 2nd sensor's accuracy. However, since I only use the main sensor this isn't a problem for me.
My other concern is that the remote sensor is not waterproof. This seems kind of dumb to me for an outdoor thermometer. I took the advice of one of the reviewers of a different product, and placed the remote in a zip-lock bag.
I would say for the money this is about as good a deal as there is. I bought it for the remote sensor and probe. I have the remote in my greenhouse at least 150 ft. from the base unit. It works great. I also like the humidity sensor on the base unit.
I would have liked the base unit to be a little larger, but it's not bad. All in all, this is a very good indoor/outdoor thermometer.
- I like the size of the base. It's not some huge contraption that takes up a lot of room on my desk. I don't need it to predict the weather, I just wanted something to tell me the temperature locally, and at a remote sensor (which it does well!).
- The base LCD offers good contrast, as long as you look down at it slightly. At perpendicular, and anything below that (ie: if you look up at it), the LCD appears fuzzy and dim. But I compared this to my other digital thermometer, and it suffers from the same problem, I'd just never noticed it before. The screen is not backlit, but if I need to see it in the dark, I just turn on my computer monitor, my cell phone, etc.
- The unit seems to be quite sensitive to small temperature changes. For bigger, more sudden changes in temperature, both the sensor and the base seem to take longer than my older digital thermometer to settle on a single temp. I'm not entirely sure about the accuracy, but it's never more than about 1F off from my other thermometers.
- I REALLY like the remote sensor probe cord thingy. I didn't realize it was included when I placed my order, but I'm really glad it was. The probe cord is a few feet long, and it allows me to measure the temperature of the side of my beer fermenter as well as the ambient temperature of the air at the remote sensor. You may not have a similar use for it, but for those who do have a use for it, it's invaluable. Don't worry, if you don't need it, you're not forced to do something with the cord (ie: coil it up); you can unplug it from the sensor.Read more ›
More detail: I was having a problem with our outdoor hot tub when it would occasionally shut down in 'watchdog' mode to prevent it from overheating. The first time I realized it, it was 5 degrees outside. Due to the 18" of snow, we had not used the tub in a few days, and when I went out to check the tub, the water temperature was down to 45 degrees. After a frantic panic session thinking about the damage to the tub if it turned into a block of ice, I was able to get the tub reset and heating again, but the tub kept shutting down in 'watchdog' mode. I ordered this La Crosse Technology WS-9029U Wireless Weather Station and had it in 2 days (thanks Prime), and was able to keep a constant eye on the water temperature from inside the house until I was able to finally figure out the problem.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good quality for the price. It doesn't have the bells and whistles other more expensive products have, but I had no trouble with setup or use. Read morePublished 6 days ago by PossumPie
Works great. Has a sensor that I can get the pool temperature with as well. Great range. Good product. Recommend.Published 20 days ago by Vernon
Easy to set up and install. Works great! The display is fairly small and can be a little difficult to read, otherwise I've enjoyed it.Published 20 days ago by Willie
Works great! Didn't think we'd need the additional information like indoor humidity but it has really helped with when to turn on the humidifier to keep our skin from drying out... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Channel Investor
We really liked this for a few days. Readout is great and the temperature was always correct (when checked against the Weather Channel). So why not 5 stars? Read morePublished 1 month ago by sbw